Black People : Golems, Our Own Little Helpers?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tyab14, Oct 15, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Golems are entities created with intent. Could we use these little helpers in our day to day use?

http://golemplush.org/history

The creation of golems is outlined in the Sefer Yetzirah, the Book of Creation. This book is generally grouped with Kabbalistic texts, and it describes the mystic way to create a golem. The mystics believed that God's spoken words were the origin of the creation of the world. These were not words as we know them, but instead were a system of pronunciation based on the letters of the Hebrew alphabet. The Hebrew letters have substance within the world, which can be harnassed to generate great power. This power requires deep meditation which is believed by Kabbalists to assist in cleaving to God, thus getting a broader look at His plans for creation. Stories of success by using specifically the method outlined in the Sefer Yetzirah don't seem to be as popularized.

However, there have been numerous legends of Rabbis creating golems throughout history. Often, rather than recitation of the words of creation, the golems are created by hand from clay, and words of power are inscribed on paper or upon the forehead of the statue. The words of power are always in Hebrew and are things like the word "truth" or the name of God. They would also have phrases like "God is truth." However God's exact name is in some dispute, and could be anywhere from the four letters (with vowels removed) YHVH to a string of 72 letters. Until the words of power are removed or altered, the golem is granted life.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Whoa.

An inanimate soul-less "being" given "life" by Man to be my "little helper?"

No Thanks.

Jesus and some Apostles did renew life; but I wouldn't wanna be around anything that never had life and then come alive.

No Thanks. I'll pass.

3. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Jesus? That's wasup.

But wow this is an old thread, I have a much better understanding of the concept and its usage now.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Wow! Where did you come from?

:hi: Good to see ya!

Well, I was just "scrolling the archives," came across this and thought it was interesting.....a little scary but interesting.

Thanks for sharing this no matter how old! It was informative for me.
    I already had some prior knowledge about Golems but not much.

5. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    be careful of the Sabbatain Jewish Kabbalah
    http://www.kheper.net/topics/Kabbalah/Sabbatai_Zevi.htm
    , it is like Crowley's Thelema, and the Knights Templar.
    They like to have fun with enslaving demons and what not, like the OTO do.

one has to wonder about who or what would want to create a slave?????

According to Isreali scholar Barry Chamish, not only was this form of occult the precursor of the Bavarian Illuminati and a great influence on the Jesuits, particularly Adam Weishaupt, through the lineage of Jacob Frank, as well as a tool of control used by Amschel Rosthchild,
    but it is also the basis of what is known today as Zionism

Folks can do what they want,
    but even an aetheist can tell you there is a universal law of what goes around comes around, you mess with stuff, it will mess with you, one way or another

6. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    the famous thelemist Mick Jaggr made a song with a secret hidden meaning to occultists,
    called "Mother's Little Helper"

7. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    I get emails when people respond to one of my threads, I forgot to disable that, long ago...

8. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    I don't believe in Karma, I would see them as helpers more than anything, not really slaves.

9. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    If you don't believe in Karma which is a basic principle in all indigenous spirituality of all the people of the world on every continent, then
    like the country brother in Van Peebles play "Aint Supposed to Die a Natural Death", I willl say;
    I tried to tell you!!!!!!!!!!!

10. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Even if every "indigenous" person believed in it, it wouldn't matter to me. I see the concept more as a Hindu creation, but hey we all have our own outlook. I often wonder, who is this entity judging whether something creates good karma or bad, and what are these judgements based upon.