Black Poetry : Golden Angel In A Casket-(Tribute To My Grandmother-2002)

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Aaliyahmonet, May 31, 2002.

1. Aaliyahmonet

Aaliyahmonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    The sudden death of my grandmother was a shock to me,
    To see her lay in the hospital bed trying to fight to stay strong for the family,
    But the lord blessed us, and came down, with three angels by our side,
    And spoke to her saying you lived a wonderful and courageous life.

Now that she's resting in peace, her devoted heart and spirit will never be deceased,

She was special, someone who loved life, someone who cared about other people and always came when we needed her help,
    No more pain, she has to endure, but waiting at the heavenly gates, while looking down at us,

Saying stay strong, not for yourselves, but the whole family, I'm not gone, I'm still alive, staying strong for you, I'll be in your dreams, forever and always, but one important thing, i'll remain in your hearts, and nothing will stop us from breaking that bond that we have.

Now she's buried with a golden angel in a white and gold casket,
    that angel will guide her the strength she will need to stay that special person.

To my grandmother I pray, I pray to god that the lord shall bless you for the things you done to make this family whole, you'll remain in our hearts and won't forget the day, I bless you, I love you and always will miss you.

Aaliyahmonet

September 6, 1937-May 27, 2002:angel1: :heart::

2. poeticdelight

poeticdelight Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Aaliyah

i caught this on Memorial Day...i remember you posting
    the announcement...my deepest sympathy goes out to
    you and yours :heart:

i'll will keep you in my prayers :)

pd

3. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
    I wish your family many blessings. I am greatful i still have my great-grandmother around.. which means the world to me and has held our family so close together. and i know that one day that day will come.. Just try to get every moment i can.. when i can...

Thanks for sharing...

4. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    This is a time of sadness and joy. This is one of the rare times when we can experience both. By the poem you wrote, I can tell there is a lot of love for an awesome memory of a wonderful and dear person. May your family be strengthen in this time of lost.

Your sista in poetry...Joyce