Health and Wellness : Going to try going Vegetarian

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
After reading up on Vegetarianism and watching this documentary called "Food, Inc."

Also, lately I've been finding eating a lot of the meat lately I can't stomach it as much any more...I've almost gotten to the point where I don't even want to eat any more cause all the by products and other toxins I've heard that goes into what I'm putting into my body...

I met this woman who is a veggie and her skin was so clear...My skin is clear but her's looked undoubtedly clean and fresh...So I decided I need to switch up my lifestyle...

It's gonna be hard because I still like the taste of meat...

But I was wondering if you're a Veggie do you still eat fish and eggs?

I hope I can do this...

After reading up on Vegetarianism and watching this documentary called "Food, Inc."

Also, lately I've been finding eating a lot of the meat lately I can't stomach it as much any more...I've almost gotten to the point where I don't even want to eat any more cause all the by products and other toxins I've heard that goes into what I'm putting into my body...

I met this woman who is a veggie and her skin was so clear...My skin is clear but her's looked undoubtedly clean and fresh...So I decided I need to switch up my lifestyle...

I hope I can do this...

Yes i believe so, start slowly eliminate all dairy products then go from there..

start small. eliminate meat, and allow yourself to eat fish and organic eggs and then if you feel strong enough, eliminate fish and then the eggs... but it should be a gradual process cos if u do it all at once, you find yourself struggling, stumbling and feeling frustrated. food is a gift and should be enjoyed after all. i don't eat meat, but once in a while i eat a little fish here and there partly because i live with someone who is a fish eater. but i intend to be fully vegetarian for good, that is my aspiration at least... good luck :)

I hope I can do this...
Peace,

I've been vegetarian for over six months now. I'm not looking back. I don't eat any meat (fish included). My diet has become almost vegan and look to move to complete vegan one day. For now I'm happy with my progress and advise anyone with the mental discipline to do it, to go the same way. When I became a vegetarian I had already cut out all the red meat. So all I gave up at that point was the white meats I was eating (chicken, turkey, fish). I gave them up cold turkey too. You can do it.

Peace

I hope I can do this...

I was on that road once, lost about 60 lbs and it all changed when I sold my last house. Ain't been the same since. But I will be on that road again but one step at a time. When I went veggie for most of 3 years I eliminated all dairy and ate fish once a week. I started backsliding when I started to eat cheese (such as eating pizza) and then started eating fish more often, then went back to old habits and gained back half of what I had lost.

I know true vegans who eat no meat or dairy. I continued to eat fish because of the omega 3 and water content since I dont absorb vitamin supplements well. The body needs some source of protein for healthy cell reproduction and my intestinal (digestive) system does not do well with soy.

As has been suggested, start incrementally in eliminating fish and dairy but make sure you supplement properly because that omega 3 does help cut down on triglyceride, blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

I know vegans who also have problems with energy level so you have to make sure you eat the right kind of carb sources with low glycemic index. That was my problem. I tried going vegan not knowing I was a type 2 diabetic and my diet had a lower fat content but I was at the same time eating a high carb content which elevated my triglyceride levels even though my cholesterol was under 190.

Best wishes on your changes.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back