Amun-Ra : Going to the Dogs!

Discussion in 'Amun-Ra' started by Amun-Ra, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    It’s all going to the dogs. I love dogs, especially Labs, but they have their place or at least I thought that was the case. Now they’re going to weddings. That’s right. I said weddings. I am not on drugs, I am not drunk and I didn’t make this up to get a laugh. My wife came home today and told me that a woman was going to take her dog to a friend’s wedding. Of course, I said bull, but she was dead serious.

Not only is the dog going to the wedding, it’s going to the bachelor party and the rehearsal dinner. In the neighborhood where I grew up this would not even be a question. The dog would never make the wedding. When he showed up at the dinner somebody would have said, “I know you didn’t bring a dog in here,” and would have proceeded to show the doggy lover the door. We didn’t like animals hanging about our food unless they were there to be cooked and we never saw that part.

A dog at a wedding? Is he going to bark the wedding march? Will he pizz on the groom’s leg if he doesn’t like him? What the hell is a dog doing at a wedding if he isn’t getting married? I sat on the floor and laughed because I know what my wife would have said. “Not at my wedding. The only dog at my wedding will be the one I am marrying”, (that would be me).

I truly love dogs but Old Blue would have to sit this one out. I know he would love to see me take the stroll, hell, I wouldn’t have minded myself, but there ain’t no way that would have ever flown with my wife, her family or my family. Old Blue stayed at home and we were married. If there was a dog at my wedding he had better been there to sing, preach or perform the ceremony because one of us would have died that day.

I know people who travel with their pets and most have enough manners to stay at a hotel that allows pets or to put them in a kennel. In Europe dogs are often guests of the well-appointed, but if a dog shows up at wedding--he better be leading someone wearing a pair of dark glasses. Either I am out of touch with what’s happening today or that there some places where animals, including dogs don’t belong.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    all so much agree so many treasure this crazy stuff
    well felt brutha

3. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Exactly

If I owned a pet and I felt I had to take that oet with me when I traveled, I would stay at a hotel. I don't think I would even ask someone to allow me to bring my dog to their home. That's just me. I love dogs, but all of my dogs have been outdoor dogs, meaning they rarely saw the inside of my house and when I went of of town, they were fed by a neighbor or went to the kennel.

Ra

;)

4. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    i saw that mess on this show where two friends did one

anothers weddings and the dayum mutt carried in the rings!!!!!!!! Hells no man Hells no

5. Mahogany_Brown

Mahogany_Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    There seems to be and fascination or better yet an obssesion with dogs(4 legged animals) in this particular society, I wonder why? hmmmmm....

6. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    I know tradition changes . . .

. . . but I can only see pets being part of a wedding by invitation of the couple--but for a guest to arbitrarily decide to bring one--without consulting the couple--I don't think so. UPDATE: I just found out the the groom found out and is livid. I don't blame him. It's his day also.

Ra

;)