Godsmantru

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by thePreacher, Jun 16, 2008.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I noticed that a post from Godsmantru was marked as banned. Was he banned from Destee.com? If so, Why?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Good Morning Brother Istlota,

Yes, he was banned, and the reason was because he continually disrupted our collective peace.

If memory serves me properly, he was warned several times, as most Members usually are (before being banned). There were other "New Members" that joined when he did, disrupted our peace in a like manner, but they took heed to the warnings (were not banned), and he did not. He even invited me to ban him, which i initially declined, hoping he'd just do better.

Nonetheless, it was all moderated out in the open, allowing everyone to see and review it (if they'd like), post by post.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    This idea of banning those who disturb the collective peace troubles me. It sorta implies that, where ever it is that we are at, collectively, is a good place.

Grok?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Banning Members troubles me too. I remember the first person i ever had to ban. I love him still, and it broke my heart.

While i do think this is a good place, i didn't link that with banning Members. How / why are you connecting the two?

Also ... what does Grok mean?

Destee

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    it's from the sci fi novel "stranger in a strange land" i believe.
    it means "do you understand" in martian.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    in martian ... ??? ... :lol:

oh gosh Brother James ... i'm finding it hard to believe that.

Why would Brother Istlota speak to me in martian ?? :eeek:

I'm gonna wait and see what he says it means, though i thank you for your response.

Love You!

Destee

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    it's common among sci fi geeks.....

8. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    The best of science fiction uses futuristic illusion as a vehicle to comment on present day issues. In the present day -- the place we currently are in -- most people are asleep. But, it does no good just to tell them to wake up, or to try and shake them awake, because they do not know nor want to be told that they are oblivious to the Real World.

Hence, sci-fic writers sneak the truth into the unconscious minds of the sheeple by painting truth as robots, Agent Smiths, Death Stars, Obewan Kenobis, martians, black monoliths, etc.

In Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land", Valentine Michael Smith is a human being who was born on Mars but is now on planet earth. His physical appearance is as a man, but he is much more than that.

When Mike was on Mars, the Life and Light was revealed to him by the indigenous inhabitants who are a species much advanced from homo sapiens. Upon returning to planet Earth, Mike becomes consumed with revealing to his fellow human beings the error of their current obsession with gross materialism. But, they are asleep and in their slumber only recognize the perceived wisdom of seeking the pleasure of their mortal vessels.

When Mike speaks of the Way of Light, he periodically utters the word "Grok" which is Martian and has no literal English interpretation but might be assumed to mean Do You Understand What I Am Saying?

At the end of Heinlein's novel, Mike's physical vessel is destroyed by the ignorance of his fellow men. Here at Destee, Istlota, figuratively speaking, is at a simiilar crossroads. Has he accomplished as much as is within the power of his mortal vessel to do here?

He reads so many posts here which speak of the sun being cold, and of white people as not possessing souls, and of the desirability of separation of the races, and of the efficacy of hate, and of the necessity to kill your enemies, and of the wisdom of destroying creation in the name of Chaos.

Even worse, the sentinels who speak such foolishness are never in danger of being banned, nor are ever warned to tread softly, because they do not disturb the collective peace.

If this is the collective peace of this place, perhaps I am validating the error of these forces of darkness [ignorance] by being a premium member.

Grok?

9. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    *a quick aside...*

"sheeple" :lol: I wish I knew that word when I wrote my blog entry about ppl being sheep.. ;)

istlota - I was quite the avid sci-fi fan back in the day - a blind one, clearly, as I never conciously connected the writing to the present day.. just light entertainment... hmmm.. very interesting - I'm going to have to go back and read a select few peices again...

*back to topic at hand...*

10. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Just makes me

SMH. Being petty, cheap and small seems to be in vogue somewhat. Lets hope its not catching.:10900::10900::10900: