Black Spirituality Religion : God's voice vs Emotion speaking

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by sevens_love, Oct 27, 2004.

1. sevens_love

sevens_love Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    How do you know if it is God talking or your emotions?

2. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    I'm not sure how much is God and how much is you, but usually your first mind has the right answer. It may not be what you want to hear, but I have found that if an answer leaps to mind without my thinking about it (call it instinct, intuition, whatever) then that is what I'm supposed to do. Iyanla Vanzant talks about letting Spirit speak to you. Those little epiphanies (sp?) that come to you from nowhere..... some people believe that is the voice of Spirit, be it God or something close to Him.

3. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Someone needs to ask George Bush this Question.

4. GP

GP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL that was cute.
    Remember too, satan can also cause you to have a first though, especially when its dealing with emotions, rejection, anger, ect.
    i admire you man for taking time to pray and listen. We all should do this, but in reality, its almost always our emotions talking and not God.

5. 1Greaterthan~I

1Greaterthan~I Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Some people call it their conscience or that little voice inside my head either way when we say these things this does not giving God the recognition He deserves. In order to hear from God first you must have faith. We must understand the nothing happens by accident and there is no such thing as luck. We must become servants of God and submit to His will and purpose for us. In all things give God the glory. Learn His word and apply it to your life. Be unafraid to pray. Believe that your prayers will be answered. Develop an intimate relationship with God. Open your heart. Develop your spiritual self. When you have done these things you will realize God has been speaking to you all along even when you didn't know Him. Here's a scripture read it and meditate.

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Peace

Radical Faith

7. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    If I May Add My Two Cents

When You Hear People Say God Have Spoken To Then . They Are Really Trying To Convert Other's To Their Faith . NoWhere Is It Written Does The Most High Say If Your Christ / Jew / Muslims I'll Talk To You And If Your Not I Wont . This Is All Part Of Man Control Of The Mass. To Give Other A Guilt Complex = Mind Games

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,318
    People just need to be honest with themselves, as you know what it is you want and when you're telling yourself something. The voice of the Father, as it is, isn't so much heard by this generation since it is much more wicked than before, but the Father can still communicate with you, and does.
    We just have to be open to the Father with trust and faith, as the Son has taught us when He came as sacrifice for us and our sins unto our salvation. And just believe in truth just as the faithful should believe all the works of the Father and the Son such as the resurrection from the dead and all His holy works and healing, not lying to yourself, knowing that when the Father really speaks, it won't be something you have to question.​