Black Spirituality Religion : Gods of Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by GodofTomorrow, Jan 11, 2014.

1. GodofTomorrow

GodofTomorrow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    I have done quite a bit of research. It is all informal, mind you, but every scrap of wisdom -- that resonated -- was saved and kept safe for just this moment. I always take what I say very seriously. I live by it. I do not accept mediocrity, willful ignorance, or unjust violence.

Little did I know it was these very things that the most ancient of understandings told of as our worse enemies. Enemies that would follow us until the end of time - this very age. The age of death and rebirth.

I feel that it is very important for black people to grasp exactly what they feel is important. I feel that a part of that is recreating a living cosmology -- an understanding of the universe which dictates how one lives. A cosmology explains where you believe it started, with whom, the honor codes of that spirituality, as well as where it will all eventually lead. This includes the ideas of Gods as monotheistic or otherwise. This includes the concepts of half-breed beings. This includes the idea that we are all divine -- even that which we see as "evil" has a divine place in all this.

I live by a few precepts. The most important non-belief I have is this: Belief is a tool. That means, it is a means to an end. It is what I use to empower myself, to give my life meaning, and dictates my morals and actions. It tells me how to perceive the world. But, because it is a tool that means I use it to my OWN ends. My beliefs are for my benefit. They are not to rule me or constrict me. They are to take me to where-ever I wish to go... Godhood.

Self-deification, communion with the divine, apotheosis, rebirth, awakening, ascension... these are all synonyms for the same concept : the balancing of the material and the spiritual, the opposites to create holy union, to transcend our limitations, to become all that we can and more.​
    We have lost this as a community for a variety of factors the most of which is this: They laughed at our clothes and made us change our clothes. They laughed at our names and we changed our names. But most importantly: they laughed at our Gods and we changed our Gods.​
    We lost our inherent connection to the divine and therefore we lost our integrity, our roots, our .. everything, perhaps.

I would like your input on my ruminations and beliefs. I think we are all teachers and students at once. I think we are all capable of much more than anyone would have us believe. Come, use your tools.​

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    GodofTomorrow ... what is an antevasin ?

You mentioned it previously, and i googled it, but would like your first hand understanding, if you'll share.

I'd never heard the term before, and it may help me understand your ruminations and beliefs.

Thanks a Bunch!

:heart:

Destee

3. GodofTomorrow

Ratings:
    +27
    Unfortunately -- or fortunately -- my idea of antevasin comes primarily from living as one; I did not have the word for it until recently. A concept that is similar is a witch doctor or a shaman. This is someone who has "a foot in both worlds" (the world of the living and the world of the dead/ordinary reality or extraordinary reality etc).

I have always had a perception that we (humans) live in a very narrow spectrum of reality. I always knew that everything was not as it seemed, both in the political arena as well as in everyday affairs. From a young age I was aware of a spiritual reality and presences. At a very young age -- around middle school -- I found myself interested in learning the basics of the world's religions/spiritual systems. I found that they were similar and that it was very interesting how we could all have something that was basically the same tenets and be destroying ourselves as we are.

I knew there are two sides and then there is the truth. To me, being an antevasin usually entails being the black sheep or outcast. It means going on the heroes journey of discovery and breaking away from normal reality. It also means seeing the darkness as well as the light -- both in our world and ourselves.

When one has a basic understanding of self, enemy, and world I think it's natural to become "shaman" or a seeker. You want to know the whole truth, we all do. Truth is knowledge is power that we need to move forward. And I want more than anything for the next steps.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thanks again for sharing with me. It's all very interesting and i look forward to learning more.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

5. GodofTomorrow

Ratings:
    +27
    Okay. I guess people would rather talk about the gods they were given rather than the ones they are.. ):

6. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    So where are you on your journey as a "shaman" or seeker. I'm not familiar with this at all. I think having one foot in each world is dangerous, is it not?

7. GodofTomorrow

Ratings:
    +27
    I have ended a 2 year physical pilgrimage and have finally completed an 11 year initiation into "extraordinary" reality (as in living outside the matrix of thought patterns that currently destroy our world). It is not dangerous to have a foot in both world if you know WHO and WHAT you are, as well as respect that there are different laws. One doesn't simply jump into say.. conjuring ancestors without understanding the requirements for that. I have taught myself through a variety of spiritualities and near-constant research. I am entering the second stage of my life and looking at my *deep* roots.

Also: I'm very surprised by how few people on this site talk about empowering themselves through their own inherent divinity. I am not knocking calling up ancestors, nature spirits, or other deities.. but I believe it is extremely important that everyone get in touch with their own Godhood/divinity without the strings attached to so many things that may or may not be helping the process.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Aryan philosophy.
    According to Vedic philosophy a person takes shelter successively in each of the four stages during, his life’s journey. These ashrams are Brahmacharya Grahasta, Vanaprastha and Sanyasa. The overall movement from ashram to ashram facilitates the merging of the jivatma (individual soul) with the paramatma (universal soul or God), which is the purpose of life.
    http://superflat.typepad.com/nevermindthebricolage/2006/09/antevasin.html

9. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    What if I don't believe I'm a god or that I am on the path to godhood?

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Brother O ... oh gosh ... Aryan philosophy?! ... :eeek:

i looked at the link you gave, but saw no mention of Aryan ... is that what Vedic is ... Aryan?

GodofTomorrow ... do you agree that it is Aryan philosophy?

lol @ me finna ask ... what exactly is Aryan philosophy Brother O ... :)

all i know is that it sounds like it's rooted in white folk's stuff ... do i at least have that part right?

(for some reason my mind combines Aryan 'nem wit da klu klux klan)

Thanks a Bunch!

Love You!

Destee

11. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Read this.

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/soul.htm

Aryan philosophy, Vedic philosophy, same thing.

Ancient language is Sanskrit.

Read this also.

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/origins.html

12. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Oh My Gosh Brother O ... you know i can't handle too many big words and stuff! ... :eeek:

I read both links, though i'm not quite sure what all i'm coming away from it with.

I do understand what you're saying about Aryan and Vedic being the same ... i read that too.

I did a little search myself, after reading, trying to understand better ... and found The Aryan Myth.

It's a good read too ... not to get off topic ... but it says Grimm's Fairy Tales are Aryan! ... :eeek:

Okay ... i be want'n a simple answer ... but it never is simple ... is it?

This takes me on a journey through Aryan Nation ... which i've never even heard of for real ... and i'm lost.

The days of the week?! The holidays?! ... Aryan ??!!!

According to this ... i should be no more alarmed that antevasin is Aryan, than i would be that Christianity is, or Islam, or the days of the week, or the most celebrated holidays ... or no doubt a host of things ... huh?

I've never read so much about Indians (outside of America) until now. They seem to be integral to this.

I think i've forgot what my question was ... you do that to me Brother O ... so much information!

Thank You ... okay ... i gotta think through this ... see what my question is now ... next ... :thinking:

Again ... GodofTomorrow ... do you agree that antevasin is Aryan ... and if so ... does it matter?

Oh gosh ... just when i thot i had heard about everything ... something new shows up ... :research:

Loving Us!

Destee