Black Spirituality Religion : Gods first born

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Learning the way, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Learning the way

Learning the way Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    So I'm new to this site. This journey is also new to me as well. I have a lot of unanswered questions and thought this would be a good place to start to get some answers.

God states more than once that isreal is his first born so where does that put Jesus?? I had someone bring this to my attention and began to make me think. Any thoughts??

Exodus 4:22
    Jeremiah 31:9

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

Okay, take your time, I'll be here. And bring back something scriptural okay:) I can't wait to see what you have to say and show up against the Old Testaments books Malachi and Daniel.

5. Learning the way

Ratings:
    +1
    Before I try and get to into this I'm sure you already know that the aprocrypha should come after Malachi right??

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

Of course Learning the way, just like I explained, below:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/gods-first-born.77747/page-8#post-832734

It comes after the last book of the Old Testament, which is Malachi. But don't forget, the Apocrypha was included in certain Bibles, and only removed after canonization. More on the Apocrypha:

The fifteen Apocryphal books which the Roman Catholics have included in their Bibles, come from a collection of about eighteen or more books written during the Inter-testamental Period. This period of four hundred years began with God giving the last book of the Old Testament which was Malachi. The Inter-testamental period ended with the coming of Christ and the writing of the New Testament. During this four hundred years God sent no prophets to Israel and was silent giving no written revelation.
    The word "apocrypha" means "of questionable authenticity." These are called non canonical books because when the canon of Scriptures (the sixty six books of the Old and New Testaments) was accepted by the early Christians they recognized that these books contained spurious material and therefore were not inspired of God. Other names for these books are "hidden" or "deuterocanonical" books. These books are also called "pseudepigraphal", meaning "false writings" to designate them as spurious and unauthentic books of the late centuries B. C. and early centuries A. D. These books contain religious folklore and have never been considered inspired of God by biblical Christians from the earliest times of churches.

http://bible-truth.org/Apocrypha.html

7. Learning the way

Ratings:
    +1
    Do you yourself believe in it?

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

No I do not. But there is some history contained in those books that cannot be disputed. For instance, the Maccabees and some others are good for historical data, but not for salvation purposes, the basis of Canons:

What is the Canon?
    by Matt Slick
    The word "canon" means "standard" or "rule." It is the list of authoritative and inspired Scriptures. Different religions have different canons.
    In Judaism, the canon consists of the books of the Old Testamentonly.
    In Protestant Christianity, the canon is the body of scripture comprised in the Bible consisting of the 39 books in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament.
    http://carm.org/what-canon

The First Book of the Maccabees.

I Maccabees presents a historical account of political, military, and diplomatic events from the time of Judaea’s relationship with Antiochus IV Epiphanes of Syria (reigned 175–164/163 bc) to the death (135/134 bc) of Simon Maccabeus, high priest in Jerusalem. It describes the refusal of Mattathias to perform pagan religious rites, the ensuing Jewish revolt against Syrian hegemony, the political machinations whereby Demetrius II of Syria granted Judaea its independence, and the election of Simon as both high priest and secular ruler of the Judaean Jews.
    http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/353838/The-Books-of-the-Maccabees

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073
    Learning the way,

How was diner, I'm sure you and the family enjoyed it?

10. Learning the way

Ratings:
    +1

Dinner was good thanks for asking. Now as far as your question I really don't understand it. I can't answer it. All I can say is yes we are still waiting. Waiting for The Lord to bring us back to the land we belong in. But also as you mentioned it don't end on Malachi because the apocrypha gives details on how we the children of isreal fell. Out downfall.