Black Spirituality Religion : God Wants Me to Be Rich

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by hen81, Jul 27, 2008.

1. hen81

hen81 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The statement below is the tagline of the article that follows. Are some religious leaders using the bad economy to enrich themselves?

Joel Osteen preaches the virtues of prosperity -- for himself as well as his congregation. A look at the man who may well be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the slumping economy.

http://www.walletpop.com/article/_a/god-wants-me-to-be-rich/20080724133909990001

What are your reactions to this story?

Fools’ Heaven – Love, Lust and Death beyond the Pulpit
    http://www.therawreviewers.com/artman/publish/FoolsHeaven.shtml

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Honesty!

Hello hen81 or is it: hen1785 or D. T. Pollard,

You must be enjoying this free advertising. If I thought you would respond, I would post my thoughts to this thread, but I have yet to read any of your replies to the many threads you have started.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Clyde Coger ... you're absolutely right ... thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I too had noticed that Hen81 was spamming us with their link, rule #5, by including a link to their web site in every post. So i disabled their link, thinking that might get their attention, and if nothing else, ask us what's up ... but that didn't happen ... they just added different links, redirecting us back to their site ... so i've now disabled those too.

If they continue, they will be banned.

Hen81 ... if you read this, you may want to review our rules, as what you are doing is not allowed.

Good Looking Out Brother Clyde Coger ! :toast:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Family!

Destee,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Hmm, guess the link is dead. But just to speak to the subject, itself. The Most High indeed wants us to be prosperous.:D Just not always in material wealth, but within the Spiritual rewards. ;)

It's very much a shame those who take advantage of the sheep, who are willing to part with their wealth for the sake of the Father, and His Son, and His Spirit, though some misunderstand this thinking they can "buy" their way into the Kingdom of Heaven. But for those who do so because material things things cannot match up to the Spiritual rewards, I feel sorry for, but know the Most High sees their sincerity.:jumping:

I have faith their reward will be great, for their faith, belief, trust, hope, in the Son and His sacrifice, resurrection, works, and teachings. In other words, they'll be forever prosperous in His salvation and eternal life, Kings and Queens of the earth.