Black Spirituality Religion : God vs. Devil

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by thePreacher, Aug 26, 2012.

?

Is the bible the inerrant Word Of God?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. Yes and No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    It is intriguing to examine the English words God and Devil. Add an extra 'o' to God and you get good. Add a 'd' to evil and you get devil. I am sure you have heard this before.

Which opens the question of whether, perhaps, religions are thinking too literally about God and Devil. About whether, perhaps, God and Devil are semantic metaphors for the cosmic struggle between Good and Evil:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Principalities. Powers. Rulers of the darkness. Spiritual wickedness in high places. It is not inconceivable that all this is referring to neters [aspects] of the Divine Self [Ra] struggling to gain preeminence in the 'temple not made by hands'.

Ergo, the struggle within to ascend from being a son of man to being a son of God. From mortality to immortality. From thinking of I as a mortal to thinking of I as the Immortal One.

All my life, I have heard mortals talk about both Devil and God as man-like sentient beings complete with man-like emotions such as fear, love, hate, wrath, jealousy. The Devil is portrayed as being jealous of God. And God is portrayed as 'a jealous God' having this irrepressible ego which will not allow any other gods before me, me, me. And both of them, God and Devil, singularly focused upon the war of winning the hearts and minds [aka the souls] of men.

Some mortal does Good to someone else and says God told me to do this for you. Another mortal does something evil to someone else and and explains why --- the Devil made me do it.

Classic symptoms of a split personality. The cure for such a malady is to merge the two into One.

The doctor approaches the patient suffering from multiple personality disorder:

"And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."

And the doctor heals the patient by casting the Legion out of the One:

"And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand) and were choked in the sea."

When it comes to the bible, everything is metaphor. Beneath the mystery can be found the Truth. Beyond the apparent contradictions can be found the inerrant Word Of God.

The bible bashers are half right --- the bible is, literally, full of both contradiction and error.

Yet, the bible thumpers are also half right --- the inerrant Word Of God can be found in the Bible if you look beyond the literal.