Black Spirituality Religion : God = Light = Self

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by thePreacher, Aug 18, 2012.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    This thread is not for everyone.

Christians will consider it blasphemous.

Atheists will object as well --- not to its anti-Christian sentiments, but to the fact that it recognizes the existence of God, albeit a radically different God than the one Christianity worships.

The adherents of Black-Man-Is-A-God-Among-Men religions wil object as well because it does not identify God as the Black Man, nor identifies God as Black.

The self-proclaimed Melanin Experts will object as well; not that its recognizes the photonic relationship between God and the Peneal Gland, but that it does so without also embracing the erroneous idea that the divine function of the Pineal Gland has anything to do with melanin.

My interest is always piqued when I hear of former-pastors who figure out that the One God is not the false idol worshiped by Christianity. Such men invariably become former-pastors because the Christians in the pews promptly leave once the pastor starts teaching what the gospel of Mark portrays Jesus as calling "the mystery of the kingdom of heaven". Christians do not attend church to hear the Truth. They are there to hear about 'that old time religion, it's good enough for me'.

"And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them." - Mark 4:11-12

"If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." - John 14:15-17

Several years ago, I became interested in Carlton Pearson after he 'got' it and started distancing himself from the religious right and from Christianity as commonly practiced.

Just in the past 24 hours, I became aware of another former-pastor who now 'gets' it:

2. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +764
    Peace,

You are correct. Many won't like this thread and even less will get it. I'm glad to see others telling this message though.......

Peace

3. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    I feel out laughing when I saw this video - its funny when he got on the relationship between male and female - but what made me laugh is that I've been saying this same thing on destee for years.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

He spoke about this verse where women are supposed to be servants to men - I placed and article on this website years ago when speaking to Music Producer and Clyde Coger - dealing with the Catholic Church admitting to added those scriptures in an attempt to make women subservient.

Another point as well - male and female didn't know they were naked - huh? In the very next verse after Genesis 1:27 it goes on to say:

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply (sex), and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

So then the female was not created from some rib (Sumerian story - which was taken way out of context) - she was created according to this mythology the same exact time when the male was created - so then which was created first based on this mythology? Was the female aspect of Adam created first or the male aspect? I would say female based on this mythology. Its funny though - when you go back over years after being a part of that religion - like a woman came from a man - lol - a man can only come from a woman through 9 months give or take of cultivation.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Very true, its not for everyone, especially Bible believers. And there is at least one other reason why so called Christians will not come, your utter redundancy of thought. My unexpected presence here is only to point out those portions of the Bible, conveniently and obviously omitted by you and your resources; and also, to once again provide what God is; Aseity:
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads...l-spiritual-ability.19558/page-71#post-752373

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/god-is-female.17315/page-20#post-158390

Nothing new here about God being Light:

John 8:12–30
    Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Likewise, nothing new here about belief in the Word of God allows the Comforter to dwell within; as you so aptly quote:

Peace In,

5. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Morning my brutha.

Even though you and I have different ideologies about this subject, I personally think the OP could have approached it with more respect than what is shown. IMO, it's vital to respect other person's belief because by disrespecting it, you disrespect the whole being.

Religious intolerance has also caused it's share of suffering the world over.

Peace!

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Even though I get what you are trying to say, can you specifically define what point you are trying to make?

Peace!

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Exactly! Which refers to my use of: redundancy of thought. Stick around and you'll learn why the OP is full of disrespect. Frankly, I'm pretty much finished discoursing with him because of the redundancy of thought and expression. Its called, spinning your wheels. Much more is on our agenda then mental jostling back and forth...

Peace In,

8. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    1. That God is not a man, not an old white man in a beard, neither a black man with hair like wool and feet like bronze, but rather that God is Light, and that this Light is the Self.
    2. And, since God is not a man, and Self is God, than Self is not a man either.
    3. And, since Self is not a man, I am not a man, nor am I black, nor am I Afrikan, not anything material. I am Light.
    4. And, since I am Light, any belief system which focuses on I as Black or even as I as a man distracts from Knowledge of Self.
    5. And, having said all that, these points are most assuredly not what Christianity teaches. Yet, it is exactly what the biblical Jesus taught once you look past the delusion of what the bible says literally to the mystery hidden within its myths and parables.
    6. Redundant? Well, certainly, all these points have been taught, and understood, by a few for thousands of years.
    7. But, only a few. Specifically, pitiful few terrestrials 'get' it in these last days leading up to the Winter Solstice of 2012. If they 'got' it, they would cease enlisting in their militaries, they would cease voting for their lesser of two evils, and they most assuredly would cease seeking unity of 'us' rather than Unity of All as One. The Light, God, Self, is ubiquitous --- greater than any one race, or one culture, or one color, or one specie, or one religion, or one country, or one anything other then _the_ One who is All which is God which is Self which is Light.

9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Are you aware that you have just reduced God by calling him "light, and "self". Both of these things are finite.

For starters,this is tautology, and you have said what"self" wasn't but not what it is. "Self" does exist,it is what ever you imagine when you say the word....Try it (with your eyes closed)

OK, so you are a form of energy,but are we all?

God cannot be proven collectively, but only individually. God can not be proven for others, or on their behalf. You can only ever prove God to yourself.
    Please,can we drop the pious attitude? You aren't the only one that is privy to the Mayan myth. So why are you speaking in code as if it is some big secrete? And besides, should you be sharing knowledge with us instead of keeping it to yourself?

Oh,I forgot,you don't consider yourself as being black. But you took the avatar of a brutha. You need to check you reasoning ..."Light"

*since I can't call you brutha*

Really? You are on a black site saying that we should not seek unity amongst ourselves?
    I'm wondering if you got this from some Buddhist dogma. If so, it has nothing really to do with your OP. And if not, it still has little to do with your OP. That is why I asked you for a "specific" point, and you still was all over the place with a multitude of them.

Peace!

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Question: In your profile,why did you list yourself as "male"? And in case you missed it,why did you pick a black male as your avatar?

Do you see the contradictions?

If not, then let me put it another way, I'll assume that people have chosen avatars to reflect who they are, or what they believe in,or a combination of both. I have yet to see a black on here pick a white person as his or her avatar. Can you see the syllogism in my reasoning?