Black Spirituality Religion : God is Female?

Joyce said:
I agree Rich...you are right. That's what I was trying to explain earlier in

my first reply in this thread. He is not human, He is the CREATOR of humans. God does not have a penis or a vagina. Thus, He is not female or male. However, He can be a mother to the motherless and a father to the fatherless. Shekinah is a term used to describe the presence of God in a locality such as the "Burning Bush" for example.the masculine and feminine life principles of the Godhead do exist.

Some find it necessary to attribute to God,
human characteristics when in fact it's the other way round. God has given us godly characteristics such as the ability to love, communicate with each other, protect, provide for and so on. Your male characteristics (provider/protector) come from God. My female characteristics (Nurturing/guidance) come from God. The totality of this (male&female :wink: ) is expressed in the Godhead.
The Holy Spirit in Hebrew is Elohiym. This indeed is a feminine pronoun but does not mean that God is a woman. Again, we must remember that my female characteristics came FROM God...nurturing/guidance. This is in essence the work and character of God the Holy Spirit. Rich I hope I didn't go too deep. I really don't like to discuss these things places where it is possible to bring confusion to those who are still searching. I don't want anyone choking on meat while in need of the milk of the word only.

The bottomline is to keep your eyes on the gift. Jesus is the gift and trust me, He will not hold it against you for understanding the depth of the Hebrew language, else I am in trouble too. :D

This comes from applied studying of God's word and the study of Hebrew and still no one and I do mean no one will ever know it all, though some pretend.

Thus I avoid debates if at all possible. Sometimes I am put in that position though if someone responds to something I've said.

Joyce

Joyce,

I'm not sure if you are a christian, but your references to Jesus leads me to believe you place some credence to the notion he may be crucial to your center of being, something I do not share with you.

You've sort of contradicted yourself by refering to God as he. If the creator has no gender why ascribe one to it. I don't recall ever suggesting or flat out saying that God was a female. What I did say is that early matrilineal cultures venerated the Godhead as a feminine principle. and that in the case of Khemit(Egpyt) by the 15th century BC, the priest at Waset and Annu, Thebes and On respectively, Venerated the creator in the form of Maat and Ra on equal footing. That indeed the Hebrews later on, had a similar practice with respect to the shekinah and the tetragrammaton. Point being....personally, for me, there is no God without the Goddess

One Divine Entity

In Ancient Kamit, the Supreme Being(Neter aka "God") was always revered as a balancement between male and female. The Supreme Being was seen as two halves of the Divine whole, or the great "God" and great "Goddess". All throughout the temples and sacred writings(eg. Mtu Ntr), you will find the names of Amen and Amenet, which signifies "God and Goddess" as one Divine entity.

Also, as Amen and Amenet are described as part of the great eight deities who created the universe, there are also 3 other pairs of deities, namely:

Nun and Nunet
Heh and Hehet
Kek and Keket

The relationship between each pair is that they represent the male and female aspect of the ONE god. However, if we were to go back to Amen and Amenet, who are known as the "Great Mother and Father of creation", their names mean the same thing, i.e. "concealed" or "hidden".

In ancient Kamit, it was widely known that the Great mother and Great father was ONE divine entity. It was the European biasness, chauvanism, and misunderstanding which led to the one God being a "he". God represents both masculine and feminine energy. In the subjective realm, there is "nothingness" or "consciousness aware of being conscious". This divine energy has experience in the objective realm as plants, animals, people, rocks, air, etc.

Please read Metu Neter vols 1 & 2 by Ra Un Nefer Amen.

Hetepu

Sekhemu said:
Joyce,

I'm not sure if you are a christian, but your references to Jesus leads me to believe you place some credence to the notion he may be crucial to your center of being, something I do not share with you.

You've sort of contradicted yourself by refering to God as he. If the creator has no gender why ascribe one to it. I don't recall ever suggesting or flat out saying that God was a female. What I did say is that early matrilineal cultures venerated the Godhead as a feminine principle. and that in the case of Khemit(Egpyt) by the 15th century BC, the priest at Waset and Annu, Thebes and On respectively, Venerated the creator in the form of Maat and Ra on equal footing. That indeed the Hebrews later on, had a similar practice with respect to the shekinah and the tetragrammaton. Point being....personally, for me, there is no God without the Goddess

Sekhemu Said:

Yes, indeed He is crucial to my being. I cannot see Him, for everything here is still in the obscurity of time, still earthly. But I know by faith that He is here. He is God; I am His beloved. He made me; in Him I have my being . . . . I will not glory in the occult, pagan or any religion. I will glory only in my God, who at the end of all time, will destroy all manner of wickedness.

Jesus is something you have chosen not to share with me...okay, that is your decision. I am not sure if you are a Sekhrian, but your name gives credence to the notion that there are human vampire sub-species, (like what is seen on TV) who :bowdown:deserve some glory or honor of some kind... something I do not

share with you.

Joyce

Joyce said:
Sekhemu Said:

Yes, indeed He is crucial to my being. I cannot see Him, for everything here is still in the obscurity of time, still earthly. But I know by faith that He is here. He is God; I am His beloved. He made me; in Him I have my being . . . . I will not glory in the occult, pagan or any religion. I will glory only in my God, who at the end of all time, will destroy all manner of wickedness.

Jesus is something you have chosen not to share with me...okay, that is your decision. I am not sure if you are a Sekhrian, but your name gives credence to the notion that there are human vampire sub-species, (like what is seen on TV) who :bowdown:deserve some glory or honor of some kind... something I do not

share with you.

Joyce

Instead of making an assumption based on my name, you would do yourself more justice by asking me about it. My name is from Khemet(Egypt) I don't need to go into it's precise meaning, that would be foolish of me... based on the fact that names have hidden power. But suffice to say it has nothing to do with vampirism. Perhaps you can read about melanin, it may give you some clue.

Hetep

Sekhemu said:
Instead of making an assumption based on my name, you would do yourself more justice by asking me about it. My name is from Khemet(Egypt) I don't need to go into it's precise meaning, that would be foolish of me... based on the fact that names have hidden power. But suffice to say it has nothing to do with vampirism. Perhaps you can read about melanin, it may give you some clue.

Hetep

Okay, I will ask you about your name...Sekhemu. I am aware that your name is Egyptian. Your name denotes that you may be a Sekhrian...are you???

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back