Black Spirituality Religion : God is a Human Being according to the Bible

As Salaam Alaikum!

No one can show you the scripture where Jesus makes the claim he was Jehovah. He was a servant of Jehovah or whatever name we may want to Use. He told the people on many occasions He was sent to do the will of Jehovah and be the perfect example of Obedience to the Laws and commandments of Jehovah. Not many religious people want to us "Critical Thinking" when dealing with scripture or anything really. In my spiritual infantry I used to be the same way couldn't no one tell me anything and what I thought was right. But the more i studied and grew and I still have a lot of growing to do the more I am starting to gain understanding.I believe we need to stop making idols out of the servants of God and fallow there example of Obedience.

Sorry, what he said was that he was sent to do the will of his FATHER whose name is Elohim, meaning God of plural, The God above Gods, His Son and the Holy Spirit, and those gods who are his children. It's in the Bible and cannot be denied unless one would accept part and deny part of the scriptures. I see so many people just over look a lot of the scriptures as if it did not exist.

P.S. Read post just before yours regarding Christ being Jehovah, the Rock that followed Israel through the wilderness to Brother Ecks.

Peace, family,

I just wanted to share with everyone the fact that the Bible says that God is a Human Being ("spirit," which means the energy of flesh & blood.) Has anyone else noticed Gen. 18:1-5:

"(1)And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; (2)And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, (3)And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: (4)Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: (5)And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said."

Gen. 18:1-5 tells us that the Most High God is a Human Being.

Peace.
Ecks

Greetings Beloved,

I 've been following this conversation & perhaps this may help ...

Your topic:

God is a Human Being according to the Bible?

Not so ... here's why:

Jesus' Two Natures: God and Man
Jesus is the most important person who has ever lived since he is the Savior, God in human flesh.

He is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man.

In other words, Jesus has two distinct natures: divine and human.
Jesus is the Word who was God, and was with God, and was made flesh (John 1:1,14).

This means that in the single person of Jesus he has both a human and divine nature, God and man. The divine nature was not changed when the Word became flesh (John 1:1,14).

Instead, the Word was joined with humanity (Col. 2:9).

Jesus' divine nature was not altered.

Also, Jesus is not merely a man who "had God within Him," nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle."

He (Jesus The Christ) is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity.

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word," (Heb. 1:3).

Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together" (Eutychianism), nor are they combined into a new God-man nature (Monophysitism).

They are separate yet act as a unit in the one person of Jesus. This is called theHypostatic Union.

Jesus The Christ is the Word — the Logos — THE LIVING, CREATIVE WORD!

The following should help you see ... the TWO natures of Jesus The Christ "in action":

Jesus (Fully Divine) = GOD
He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33)
He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:8)
He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)
He is prayed to (Acts 7:59)
He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)
He knows all things (John 21:17)
He gives eternal life (John 10:28)
All the fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9)

Jesus (Fully Human) = MAN
He worshiped the Father (John 17)
He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5)
He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)
He prayed to the Father (John 17)
He was tempted (Matt. 4:1)
He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52)
He died (Rom. 5:8)
He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39)
Blessings :grouphug:

Greetings Beloved,

Your topic:

Not so ... here's why:

Jesus is the most important person who has ever lived since he is the Savior, God in human flesh ...

Gracious

Well said Prophetess, in terms of the hermeneutics to offset the posters cursory understanding of the Bible, which results in eisegesis of the text.

Greetings Beloved,

Your topic:

Not so ... here's why:

Jesus is the most important person who has ever lived since he is the Savior, God in human flesh.

He is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man.

In other words, Jesus has two distinct natures: divine and human.
Jesus is the Word who was God, and was with God, and was made flesh (John 1:1,14).

This means that in the single person of Jesus he has both a human and divine nature, God and man. The divine nature was not changed when the Word became flesh (John 1:1,14).

Instead, the Word was joined with humanity (Col. 2:9).

Jesus' divine nature was not altered.

Also, Jesus is not merely a man who "had God within Him," nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle."

He (Jesus The Christ) is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity.

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word," (Heb. 1:3).

Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together" (Eutychianism), nor are they combined into a new God-man nature (Monophysitism).

They are separate yet act as a unit in the one person of Jesus. This is called theHypostatic Union.

Jesus The Christ is the Word — the Logos — THE LIVING, CREATIVE WORD!

The following should help you see ... the TWO natures of Jesus The Christ "in action":

Jesus (Fully Divine) = GOD
He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33)
He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:8)
He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)
He is prayed to (Acts 7:59)
He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)
He knows all things (John 21:17)
He gives eternal life (John 10:28)
All the fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9)

Jesus (Fully Human) = MAN
He worshiped the Father (John 17)
He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5)
He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)
He prayed to the Father (John 17)
He was tempted (Matt. 4:1)
He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52)
He died (Rom. 5:8)
He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39)
Blessings :grouphug:

Thank you Gracious. I agree he is fully Divine and fully Man. The difference I see is this, humans are mortal and death is in us by reason of the fall. Jesus is Divine, a God, immortal MAN. John 10: 17 - 18 "I lay down my life...No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again." GOD his Father commanded both, that he should lay it down and take it up in the Plan of Redeeming us from our mortality and sins.

Thank you Gracious. I agree he is fully Divine and fully Man. The difference I see is this, humans are mortal and death is in us by reason of the fall. Jesus is Divine, a God, immortal MAN. John 10: 17 - 18 "I lay down my life...No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again." GOD his Father commanded both, that he should lay it down and take it up in the Plan of Redeeming us from our mortality and sins.

YES!!! That is IT!!! Well said my sista!!!!:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back