Amun-Ra : Go Home!

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Bachelorette parties today resemble men’s bachelor parties in many ways including bawdiness, but since when did it become fashionable for mothers and aunts twice as old as the bride to attend these parties?

I stumbled across a restaurant that specializes in bawdy parties for brides-to-be. I’ve eaten there before and the food is good, but I didn’t know that on Saturday nights they specialize in bachelorette parties. There was a band, plenty of females screaming as a man who looked like Buddha did a lap-dance for a customer and women who looked like they should have been home watching the girls’ children.

I was mesmerized. Thoughts of my father coming to my bachelor party made me shudder. I just didn’t seem right, especially for the type of entertainment. I was embarrassed for them, but I saw no shame as 45 year old and 50-year-old mothers slammed shots with their daughters and their friends. Then I thought of my mother drinking and feeling ***** with her daughter in law. Now way!

I left. It was too noisy and I just couldn’t stand to watch it. I thought about it on the way home and decided that if any of my sons even invited me to their bachelor party the most I would do is stop by for a drink, say hello to everyone and then carry my old *** home. Parents and children need to keep some things separate.

:jawdrop:

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
It's Tuff

It seems that we should hang with our own crowds--I know it isn't as simlpe as that or we could have found an easy answer, but there is no way I want my father at my bachelor party--Ra

:D

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
sho nuff brutha i've seen this once myself and i didn't
understand what was happening but i mean these older women need to be at home ........never can i sit back and watch my own do such.......how crazy we have become

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
That's good!

If you feel that way, I say more power to you. However, when I was 26-years-old, I didn't want my father at my bachelor party. Perhaps, now I would consider it because I am well past that age, but as a young man? No way.

Ra

:D

UbZoRbShUn

Apr 2, 2001
------------
Occupation
-----------
let me give you an amen to this

I bartended a party last month right....... there were more women in there over the age of 35 than the law should have allowed. the groom's mother, aunt and a few cousins were there. I was like there is no way in hell I would let my momma come to my party let alone my soon to be mother in law. suffice it to say those older ladies cut up. Drawlz showing and all. I was so embarrased for the bride I just shook my head and kept getting them drunk :D

One

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Young

When I was 26 I wanted to do some freaky things and sure didn't want my father veiwing what all I had in mind, but whatever floats your boat--that's the way I feel--back then I wanted naked women, booze, more naked women and an opportunity--nothing I'd want my father to seee--just like I didn't want to see him doing the same things, not because he couldn't, just because--jeez--he's may dad!

Ra

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Amun-Ra you wrote:

"It seems that we should hang with our own crowds"

All this says to me is that some people have too many hang-ups about age and relationships. I think some people are making gross assumptions by thinking that anyone older than them even want to hang out with you! They need to get over themselves and stop thinking that they have the market cornered on having fun!

PANTHA, I agree with your position on this topic. :D

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Hanging Out

I'd hang out with some of my mom's girlfriends but not if she was there--that changes the perspective--I wouldn't be free--too much respect for my mother to show out like I would if she wasn't there--Ra

:yo:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly