Amun-Ra : Go Home!

Discussion in 'Amun-Ra' started by Amun-Ra, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Bachelorette parties today resemble men’s bachelor parties in many ways including bawdiness, but since when did it become fashionable for mothers and aunts twice as old as the bride to attend these parties?

I stumbled across a restaurant that specializes in bawdy parties for brides-to-be. I’ve eaten there before and the food is good, but I didn’t know that on Saturday nights they specialize in bachelorette parties. There was a band, plenty of females screaming as a man who looked like Buddha did a lap-dance for a customer and women who looked like they should have been home watching the girls’ children.

I was mesmerized. Thoughts of my father coming to my bachelor party made me shudder. I just didn’t seem right, especially for the type of entertainment. I was embarrassed for them, but I saw no shame as 45 year old and 50-year-old mothers slammed shots with their daughters and their friends. Then I thought of my mother drinking and feeling ***** with her daughter in law. Now way!

I left. It was too noisy and I just couldn’t stand to watch it. I thought about it on the way home and decided that if any of my sons even invited me to their bachelor party the most I would do is stop by for a drink, say hello to everyone and then carry my old *** home. Parents and children need to keep some things separate.

:jawdrop:

2. PlayWitItPimp05

PlayWitItPimp05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student at MHS.
    a perfectly blighted planet where soul-searching i
    Ratings:
    +1
    :jawdrop: is right Ra

Some people don't let their age set in realization.

I wanna discuss but I can't quite place my finger on what I wanna say......

So I'll be back.

:heart: :heart: PLAY :heart: :heart:

3. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    It's Tuff

It seems that we should hang with our own crowds--I know it isn't as simlpe as that or we could have found an easy answer, but there is no way I want my father at my bachelor party--Ra

:D

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sho nuff brutha i've seen this once myself and i didn't
    understand what was happening but i mean these older women need to be at home ........never can i sit back and watch my own do such.......how crazy we have become

5. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    That's good!

If you feel that way, I say more power to you. However, when I was 26-years-old, I didn't want my father at my bachelor party. Perhaps, now I would consider it because I am well past that age, but as a young man? No way.

Ra

:D

6. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    let me give you an amen to this

I bartended a party last month right....... there were more women in there over the age of 35 than the law should have allowed. the groom's mother, aunt and a few cousins were there. I was like there is no way in hell I would let my momma come to my party let alone my soon to be mother in law. suffice it to say those older ladies cut up. Drawlz showing and all. I was so embarrased for the bride I just shook my head and kept getting them drunk :D

One

7. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Young

When I was 26 I wanted to do some freaky things and sure didn't want my father veiwing what all I had in mind, but whatever floats your boat--that's the way I feel--back then I wanted naked women, booze, more naked women and an opportunity--nothing I'd want my father to seee--just like I didn't want to see him doing the same things, not because he couldn't, just because--jeez--he's may dad!

Ra

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Amun-Ra you wrote:

"It seems that we should hang with our own crowds"

All this says to me is that some people have too many hang-ups about age and relationships. I think some people are making gross assumptions by thinking that anyone older than them even want to hang out with you! They need to get over themselves and stop thinking that they have the market cornered on having fun!

PANTHA, I agree with your position on this topic. :D

9. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hanging Out

I'd hang out with some of my mom's girlfriends but not if she was there--that changes the perspective--I wouldn't be free--too much respect for my mother to show out like I would if she wasn't there--Ra

:yo: