Black People : go home toms and tommetts

Therious said:
if u support the white movement, if u support bush,if u disagree with anything that ispro black...why do u post?im reading things like when the oil theft a.k.a. war is over Iraq will b our allies. this is truly a pathetic case of oreoism, please stop currupting this forum. and get out... :horse: :wchair:

Oreoism? I've never heard that one before....going to have to write it down!

Therious said:
if u support the white movement, if u support bush,if u disagree with anything that ispro black...why do u post?im reading things like when the oil theft a.k.a. war is over Iraq will b our allies. this is truly a pathetic case of oreoism, please stop currupting this forum. and get out... :horse: :wchair:

Brotha, you forgot the :bus:, :getout:, and :bye: icons!

But I hear you Brotha!

CD

Therious said:

Brother Therious ... bless your sweet heart ... i feel what you're saying, but i can't fully agree with it. Let me explain ...

If a Sister or Brother "supports" the "white movement," Bush, or disagrees with anything that is pro Black ... that does not make them any less a Sister or Brother, in my opinion. I know i'm going to get some flack on this, but i truly believe that we have to see past our differences to ever experience the unity we seek. Notice i put into quotes, "supports" and "white movement" as these are really very vague terms ... too vague in my opinion, to throw a whole Sister or Brother away.

There are so many ways to support an effort, and oftentimes we don't even realize we are "supporting" it ... i'd imagine that there are many cases when a Black Sister, Brother, or Family are simply trying to survive in what i've begun to think of as "Massa's House" ... the United States of America.

All of us in it, support it to some degree or another. Each of us that works, pays taxes, builds lives and Families, support the "white movement." I think we are all "house negroes" to coin a famous phrase ... as the United States of America, is "Massa's House," ... and we are in it. For any one of us to look at the other and say, you are not worthy to be considered down with Black folk, because you do this, that or the other, is ridiculous in my opinion. We are all in the same boat ... or house, in this case. All contributing and supporting its success in one way or another.

Now we can look at the Sister or Brother that enlists to fight in the military, and say they are sellouts or some such foolishness ... but do we consider ourselves sellouts, because we pay the taxes that buy the bombs that are being dropped on the innocent folk in Iraq, or pay the salaries for the enlisted? No, we don't count that. I have actually seen where folk have come down really hard on these young people, who are only looking for better options, a way out of the traps and snares laid ... yes, they have come down hard on them, never admitting that they too were once a part of that military system, and still reaping the benefits of it.

Another thing that comes to mind, as i think on this topic you've presented, is the great diversity within the "Black Community." I can narrow that down to the "African American Community," as it is smaller. Even within it, we don't all agree. We have lots of issues to overcome, just with each other. While we're trying to do this, the world continues to change and grow. There are other groups within the "Worldwide Black Community" that are experiencing the same challenges we are, yet we must try to unite with them (and they with us), while each works on solving their own internal problems. We must begin to think globally, and not just our own backyard. In doing this, it requires us to prioritize the energies we have to give. I think we'll find that we won't want to waste it on the "little stuff."

If we have folk in the "African American" community saying, "kick that African American out, they aren't down with us because they think this way or that" ... how will we ever experience the greater global (Pan African) unity that can be ours, by bridging the gaps with the other "Black Folk" from around the world ... who have their own rich cultures and diverse opinions? We have so much work to do that i don't believe we can stop and focus on whether a Sister or Brother "supports" something that we don't. So what, they are still a Sister or Brother. Why not focus on those who do support what you support? If we are honest with ourselves, we will probably all admit to "supporting" something that someone thought we shouldn't, at one time or another in our lives.

If your wisdom is strong, and your ability to persuade, lead, and guide is as sharp as it can be ... you can move that same Sister or Brother over to your side of thinking ... simply by showing them an alternative way, and if not you, perhaps another Sister or Brother can ... but i don't believe throwing them away is the answer. And who knows, if you can't persuade them, they may drop some profound knowledge on you, that will give you an entirely different perspective on the situation, if you're willing to listen ... and if all else fails ... you can agree to disagree, while continuing to live together peacefully and respectfully. There is always more than one option.

Brother Therious, how deep do we go, when we begin kicking folk out because they "support" this "white movement?"

I caution you to think on this carefully, as it is quite possible that none of us would be allowed here.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back