Black People : Glen beck & Sarah the Baracuda

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by AACOOLDRE, Sep 2, 2010.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Glen Beck & Sarah the Barracuda
    By Andre Austin

What are you gonna do when Nov 2 comes to you? Vote or boycott? I’m an independent Blackman and I haven’t made up my mind. Obama just gave a speech on Iraq to transition into a crusade of focusing in on the economy. He should have done this from the get go.

Glen Beck and Sarah, not the grisly bear but a certified economic Barracuda are forcing Obama to come up with an economic plan (Job corps or another CCC public works). No Jobs No reelection seems to be the sentiment of the urban communities. Beck and Palin calls Obama’s economic philosophy as social justice or worse a Black liberation theology. Nobody has yet critiqued beck and Palin economic philosophy. Their economic diva is the conservative icon Ayn Rand who defines capitalism as a virtue of selfishness, contrary to Philippians 2:21. The extreme form of capitalism is all about me, individualism and selfishness. Where true love for self morphs into the community as a collective whole. Beck problem with his economic vision is trying to fit that pyramid scheme into a circle of spirituality that can’t fit.

Martin Luther King’s movement was successful because, I will put it in his own words: “Our victories in the past decade (1967) were won with a broad coalition of organizations representing a wide variety of interest”.(A testament of Hope p.309). Obama never called himself a messiah and did not enter politics to save souls but to solve problems and reduce suffering. Beck fails to realize that the Judgment not only looks at what you did for self but for others too. What manner of a man who came in office not that the rich could keep getting over but to stop the madness of private corporations deciding who should live or die based on your economic plight. Its hard to be thankful for it when you can’t get it until 2014 and when you have no jobs.

Palin and Beck millions white peoples march on Washington is a failure. Beck calls Obama a white racist and Palin tells a radio host to reload her words Nig..er, Nig..er, Nig..er. These nasty words came out of her mouth rapidly like bullets from a Tommy machine gun and the barracuda tells her not to retreat. Where do we go from here. They need to get locked up in the zoo.

2. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    "The financial crisis of 2007–2010 spurred renewed interest in her works, especially Atlas Shrugged, which some saw as foreshadowing the crisis.[171] Conservative talk show hosts such as Glenn Beck,[172] Neal Boortz[173] and Rush Limbaugh[174] recommended the novel to their audiences, and opinion articles compared real-world events with the plot of the novel.[175] Signs mentioning Rand and her fictional hero John Galt appeared at Tea Party protests,[176] while the Cato Institute's Will Wilkinson quipped that "going Galt" had become the "libertarian-conservative's version of progressives threatening to move to Canada."see Wikipedia online

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    ayn rand was an atheist....

having been a student of ayn rand way back when, i can tell you that these fools who are spitting her name today are NOT rand. not at all.

rand viewed capitalism as an economic system. the neocon views it as a religion.

not the same thing.

4. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    So much for their lame brained comebacks-- since they (not us) based far too much on far too little, i. e., believing their ties to rich and powerful folk could be exclusively and solely based on their skin color etc., and/or accepting or giving lip service to notions of 'patroitism' etc. straight out of some Cold War era public school political science book etc.

Instead, even any white person, who has active brain cells etc., remembers the makeup of today's U. S. military etc., and I can easily guess that kinda sorta wonder why Ms Pallin's rhetoric would have folks believe those are just white boys and girls in uniform, rather than forty per cent of the ground troops being brown or black folk, etc.

(It's like when white sports fans complain about how 'their' team is doing badly or well, none of who suit it up for one inning, etc., and'or are into denial that most of the players aren't white either)!

Add in a bunch of young (or not so young) white media talking heads etc., and one does a doubletake when one considers r what they're selling--and when it comes to the nature of who is actually buying such simplistic b. s.!

Instead-- just blame it all on white folks fears (9/11/01)-- and other folks greed--so who didn't know that 'W' had U. S. troops etc. invade/occupy Iraq (a country which had nothing to do with those 9/11/01 attacks) in order to directly control its oil wells!?!

Time's up!

:em0200: