destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

Our community has grown so large and it takes enormous amounts of time and energy to keep things going in the direction that we want. The interaction required on the forums and in voice chat never stops. We are truly an international, 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. We have Sisters and Brothers from around the world that come here and take part in the discussions, classes, voice chat, poetry, Spirit and love found here. I could never do this alone.

We currently have 14 Moderators that give their money (Premium Memberships), time, wisdom and knowledge to help this community be what it is. I am oftentimes overwhelmed with the amount of work that goes into managing a community the size of ours, especially with no budget and stuff ... but our Moderators take such a load off of me. They interact with every Member here, they give love to all the new folk coming in, they answer questions, provide technical support, customer service, they take part in the discussions, they share their own poetry, they read, laugh, and talk on the mic in voice chat, they play music, they insure that no one is mistreated, they maintain the Spirit that this community is founded on. They make it possible so that i can focus on backend issues, management issues, keeping the lights on, etc. I can't imagine doing this without their help, we are truly a Family and i'm honored to be a part of it.

It brings tears to my eyes, knowing there are those that think so much of what we are doing here, that they actually work for free. It is work to be a Moderator in this community. It takes a considerable number of hours, there are always issues behind the scenes that must be addressed by them, they have to put up with me on a regular, up-close, and personal basis (and that really aint as easy as it may appear). They provide me with balance, there are many times when i don't know which way to go, what to do next, and this wonderful, wise group of Sisters and Brothers give me the direction i need. Actually, they do more than work for free, because all of our Moderators are Premium Members, so it could be said, that they pay to work. You know that this does not happen everyday, everywhere. We are blessed and i am honored to know such wonderful people.

I hope that this community can one day grow to the point where i can compensate those who work here in at least, some small way, but i don't see that anywhere on the horizon ... and they know this, and they stay with me.

Family, the peace, tranquility, harmony, and Spirit found here does not happen automatically. If it did, you could go to any web site and find it, but you can't do that. It is precious what we have here and our entire Moderating Team helps insure that it remains with us. It is for this reason, and all those listed above, and all those i failed to mention that i am posting this thread today. We could not do what we're doing, we could not have done what we've already done, if it were not for those Sisters and Brothers that have stepped forward and been willing to make major sacrifices and contributions to this community. Again, i am honored and i thank each and every one, who has ever moderated in this community.

Destee Community Moderators

Poetry Forum Moderators

Brother $$RICH$$
Brother Khasm
Brother 1PoetSought

Discussion Forum Moderators

Sister NNQueen
Brother PanAfrica
Sister Purplemoons
Brother Radical Faith
Brother Info-Moetry
Brother JamesFrmPhilly

Voice Chat Moderators

Sister Remby
Sister Nita Mae
Sister QueenTswana

I also want to give some love to our Former Moderators, for they helped lay the groundwork that we all stand on today. I'm honored to be able to list them, to know that even though they are no longer Moderators, they are still Members in this community and are always welcome to come back to the Moderating Team if their schedules and life situations allow it (i truly hope i've not left anyone out by mistake).

Brother Bishop
Brother Blakverb
Sister N2urSoul
Brother Kemetstry
Sister Bluewater
Brother Aqil
Brother HODEE
Sister Triniti
Brother Changes
Brother Turtle
Brother Python
Sister Akilah
Sister AngelicSage
Brother Rhyme4ReasonFBR
Sister MsJulia
Brother Monetary
Brother MrFolklore
Brother GodsSoulja
Sister MzBlkAngel

And a special shoutout to our former Teen Moderators who brought such vibrance and youth to the Management Team!

Sister Foxi aka Krazelyrics
Sister Eisha
Sister Smartgurl

I truly do appreciate you all. Thank you so much for everything.

If you are a Member here, and have benefitted from the respect and love shown to you by any one of our Moderators, please respond to this thread and let them know they are appreciated by more than just me.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I'm not here as much as I used to be due to my schedule, but I have to tell you, I have always felt the love and respect and professionalism that each Moderator I encountered possessed. It is a great job, a demanding job, and I thank each and every one, past and present for their contributions to the community here. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :wave: :wave:

I Salute You All

To all the Moderators:
Please know that I truly appreciate you all, past and present.
The effort you have given has created a First Rate site/Family cyber-home that is unique and destined to grow even greater. I believe we are onto something here that is important to our mental liberation and it is up to us to keep it alive, thriving and independent as possible.
My special thanks to all who helped us make history in chat with the first On-Line Presentation with OldSoul Oct 27th. It was a great success and the Destee Family were great hosts to the visitors who stopped by. I appreciate each and every one of the Moderators and all the loyal members of the 'Famlee'.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back