The Front Porch : Giving Love to our Moderators

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by Destee, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

Our community has grown so large and it takes enormous amounts of time and energy to keep things going in the direction that we want. The interaction required on the forums and in voice chat never stops. We are truly an international, 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. We have Sisters and Brothers from around the world that come here and take part in the discussions, classes, voice chat, poetry, Spirit and love found here. I could never do this alone.

We currently have 14 Moderators that give their money (Premium Memberships), time, wisdom and knowledge to help this community be what it is. I am oftentimes overwhelmed with the amount of work that goes into managing a community the size of ours, especially with no budget and stuff ... but our Moderators take such a load off of me. They interact with every Member here, they give love to all the new folk coming in, they answer questions, provide technical support, customer service, they take part in the discussions, they share their own poetry, they read, laugh, and talk on the mic in voice chat, they play music, they insure that no one is mistreated, they maintain the Spirit that this community is founded on. They make it possible so that i can focus on backend issues, management issues, keeping the lights on, etc. I can't imagine doing this without their help, we are truly a Family and i'm honored to be a part of it.

It brings tears to my eyes, knowing there are those that think so much of what we are doing here, that they actually work for free. It is work to be a Moderator in this community. It takes a considerable number of hours, there are always issues behind the scenes that must be addressed by them, they have to put up with me on a regular, up-close, and personal basis (and that really aint as easy as it may appear). They provide me with balance, there are many times when i don't know which way to go, what to do next, and this wonderful, wise group of Sisters and Brothers give me the direction i need. Actually, they do more than work for free, because all of our Moderators are Premium Members, so it could be said, that they pay to work. You know that this does not happen everyday, everywhere. We are blessed and i am honored to know such wonderful people.

I hope that this community can one day grow to the point where i can compensate those who work here in at least, some small way, but i don't see that anywhere on the horizon ... and they know this, and they stay with me.

Family, the peace, tranquility, harmony, and Spirit found here does not happen automatically. If it did, you could go to any web site and find it, but you can't do that. It is precious what we have here and our entire Moderating Team helps insure that it remains with us. It is for this reason, and all those listed above, and all those i failed to mention that i am posting this thread today. We could not do what we're doing, we could not have done what we've already done, if it were not for those Sisters and Brothers that have stepped forward and been willing to make major sacrifices and contributions to this community. Again, i am honored and i thank each and every one, who has ever moderated in this community.

Destee Community Moderators

Poetry Forum Moderators

Brother $$RICH$$
    Brother Khasm
    Brother 1PoetSought

Discussion Forum Moderators

Sister NNQueen
    Brother PanAfrica
    Sister Purplemoons
    Brother Radical Faith
    Brother Info-Moetry
    Brother JamesFrmPhilly

Voice Chat Moderators

Sister Remby
    Sister Nita Mae
    Sister QueenTswana

I also want to give some love to our Former Moderators, for they helped lay the groundwork that we all stand on today. I'm honored to be able to list them, to know that even though they are no longer Moderators, they are still Members in this community and are always welcome to come back to the Moderating Team if their schedules and life situations allow it (i truly hope i've not left anyone out by mistake).

Brother Bishop
    Brother Blakverb
    Sister N2urSoul
    Brother Kemetstry
    Sister Bluewater
    Brother Aqil
    Brother HODEE
    Sister Triniti
    Brother Changes
    Brother Turtle
    Brother Python
    Sister Akilah
    Sister AngelicSage
    Brother Rhyme4ReasonFBR
    Sister MsJulia
    Brother Monetary
    Brother MrFolklore
    Brother GodsSoulja
    Sister MzBlkAngel

And a special shoutout to our former Teen Moderators who brought such vibrance and youth to the Management Team!

Sister Foxi aka Krazelyrics
    Sister Eisha
    Sister Smartgurl

I truly do appreciate you all. Thank you so much for everything.

If you are a Member here, and have benefitted from the respect and love shown to you by any one of our Moderators, please respond to this thread and let them know they are appreciated by more than just me.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    YAY!!! TO THE MOD SQUAD YALL ARE DOIN GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:
    :)

this home would not be without yall :)

3. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thank you Destee! For the love, and all you do. :kiss1: :hearts2:

4. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm not here as much as I used to be due to my schedule, but I have to tell you, I have always felt the love and respect and professionalism that each Moderator I encountered possessed. It is a great job, a demanding job, and I thank each and every one, past and present for their contributions to the community here. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :wave: :wave:

5. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    I Salute You All

To all the Moderators:
    Please know that I truly appreciate you all, past and present.
    The effort you have given has created a First Rate site/Family cyber-home that is unique and destined to grow even greater. I believe we are onto something here that is important to our mental liberation and it is up to us to keep it alive, thriving and independent as possible.
    My special thanks to all who helped us make history in chat with the first On-Line Presentation with OldSoul Oct 27th. It was a great success and the Destee Family were great hosts to the visitors who stopped by. I appreciate each and every one of the Moderators and all the loyal members of the 'Famlee'.

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    OH YEA...Change the bulb on the front porch to 100 watt.

THE MOD ( Moderator ) SQUAD! :hi: Rolling up in their :car: they will not allow anyone to be a :bully: to others. This is one thing they don't tolerate!

They are here to make sure we enjoy ourselves, read and write poetry, hold a music note trying to sing in chat and some are great fact checkers. They also let us :dance3: and work hard to keep us from getting :injured: .

The Mod Squad also makes sure everyone celebrates their :birthday: party here. It is a hard job to :juggle: a personal life and tend to all the demands this site requires. But they do it! Everyday...All the :time: .

If your :new: here, I know one of the Forum MOD's will find out you entered and greet you with a :uzi: NO... a :drink: NO...A Welcome. So they do deserve some :love: . Maybe a :bus: trip to meet the president. :happens: but the MOD Squad is always there for us.

:yo: I can tell you this it will never be :boring: here.

Thank you MOD SQUAD for all you do to help Destee and you are a :great: group of family members. You do a lot to help us all. Now come together :grouphug: so I can take your :picture: . :haha: :haha: your the :bomb:

7. phenomenalwoman

phenomenalwoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    thank you for the love,support, and respect that you all give. your hard work and dedication to this community is very much appreciated

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Thank You all for the recognition, and for helping make this place such a fun/enlightening place to be! :grouphug:

9. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    :grouphug: ((((((((((((((((((HUGS TO THE MODERATOR)))))))))))))))))))))))) :grouphug:
    FOR THE GREAT JOB YOU ALL ARE DOING

BlueWater
    :heart:

10. caramelpython

caramelpython Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +42
    :hearthis:

Much love and respect to the Mod's and all the former Mod's who have laid down their time and energy to make this house a home for all of us here.

Even though we have had our fair share of :skillet: and :injured: we have also enjoyed the :massage: of all our icons...LOL :D and the occasional :haha: and :bellydance: on voice chat skripper night... ;)

So all of you keep up the good work and be proud of what you do because we are proud of u. :welldone:

Brother Python!