Black People : GIVING - AND BEING BLESSED

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Nov 4, 2004.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hello Family!

Did you ever have a feeling that you were giving too much? Whether it is money, time, or whatever?

AND

Is there a limit to giving back?

I ask this because I am feeling right now that I am giving far too much, and I am looking to find out whether or not this is what happens when you are as blessed as I am.

Cedric Denson

2. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Being giving is part of my nature and it's a quality I don't want to change. I have been told by my father and grammy (and a few friends) that I am TOO giving...but just hearing that sounds strange to me. The only way that I feel I can be too giving and regret it is if my giving of my time and/or money makes me homeless & penniless.

So while I have something to give, I give it where it is needed if I can. By the way, I do feel very blessed. :D

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    there is a point in giving where a line must bedrawn before giving turns into being take advantage of and or burn out. keep that karma credit brother but dnt let them use u or dnt invest time in a worthless venture monitary or mental wise.its happened to me too much im verry causious of reckless giving now a days.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You see, I will not chane giving either, because all I care about is that when I give, whoever or whatever I give to uses my services wisely. Besides, when you give, you do receive, you just don't recieve what you expected.

In this case, when I give, I say to myself, "Don't worry, God is going to take care of you." I don't loan at all, I don't ask for anything back, because God will give whatever is owed back to me. That is the beauty of being Blessed.

I have been giving my time and all for a while now, and I don't regret doing it. As long as it is meaningful, I will give on. No strings attached.

Cedric Denson

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Nope, I haven't had a feeling of giving too much of anything. If one needs it, then I give it. If they want it, I give also, within reason, of course. I don't place a limit to how much I should give, but of course, I regard their well being by considering what they are asking for.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. being black and being. blessed