Black Jokes Humor : Give your input: Is this satirically funny or an insult to interacial relations?

Discussion in 'Black Jokes Humor' started by Anomolous, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Anomolous

Anomolous Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. I am new here. I was referred to this forum by the user Earth. Earth contributes views at www.itsallpolitics.com and Earth feels that there are many racist and bigoted Republicans within the aforementioned forum. One reason Earth feels this way is because many of us disagreed with Earth's views of African-American culture and we did not lend Earth any credibility because Earth is not demographically within a position to say, "I can relate to what life is like for African-Americans in this country." Another user then posted, in jest, this web-site as a satirical poke at white people like Earth who ironically make themselves out to be the "bad guy" when they "crusade" for something they can't relate to. People like this inadvertently put an emphasis on color and perpetuate an underlying form of prejudice and bigotry when they try to be like the people in this web-site that I am about to post for you. I would like the input of this forum. I apologize if this issue has already been raised. I am a free registerer so I could not perform a search.

Just to disclose: I am a white, middle-class male, 18-34. My position against Earth was that it is tough to make it in America, BUT it can be done regardless of race, sex, etc. as long as one decides to take personal responsibility for the course of their lives and makes the right decisions. I do not feel a sweeping blanket of oppression is constructed for one societal class and not for another. Injustice and other societal obstacles befall ALL of us and it does not take a different color of skin to make a person oppress another.

Here is the web-site in question: www.blackpeopleloveus.com

Also, I apologize if this is not the most appropriate section of the forum to post this, but as this could be potentially funny to some given their perception I decided to post it here.

2. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I read this before. I just shrugged over it. It's kind of stupid, not something I would really waste my time getting madd over.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Anomolous if Earth learned anything from his time here, then he would have told you that Black people in general don't appreciate white people coming into black venues to study us!

4. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    You say that societal obstacles befalls us all ...lol...smh...Silly Rabbit

I didn't know you could change your skin color to be able to speak for other races and their societal obstacls??? I heard a white lady on TV still speaking out about the O.J. trial and how justice was NOT given, but lQQK at all the black people that have been slaughtered, hanged and murdered... but has justice been given for 1/4 of those injustices??? What about the Indians??..heck what about all the non- white races that have gone thru some form of societal obstacle that they can not fully recover from not because they don't take personal rsponsibility, but because there are people in positions of power who havn't taken that same responsibility to love, judge, and respect the HUMAN RACE!

5. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Anomolous

So I guess you're gonna come over here and continue Earth's research for him, aye? The Devil's advocate hard at work.

smh

6. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219

yanno....lol

7. Anomolous

Anomolous Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

Well that is just silly to think that is what I am doing as if the members of this forum were little gerbils in cages or something. I am just asking for a different perspective. I do not claim to know what life is like at all for African Americans. However, if we are going to look towards the future, it is time to unload the "chips" that are on the shoulders of both sides of the racial issue. Earth apparently did not learn much because he told us to come here and see how are "alleged" racial comments would go over. My point to him is that we are NOT racists and it was ignorant for him to say so. Earth seems to be that white guy who thinks he knows what the challenges are for African Americans because he belongs to a black forum, travels to Jamaica, and occassionally volunteers within his community. I wanted to show that he is exactly the person the web-site in question is aimed at exposing. He doesn't know what he is talking about and he has no right to impose racists labels on anyone he doesn't know. His misunderstanding and ignorance led to his name calling and that is not acceptable for ANYONE to do. He felt the web-site in question was bigotry and I wanted to show him that it wasn't and that anyone who has some sense, regardless of their skin color, would see the humor and the underlying message with the web-site I posted.

I am not here to study African-Americans through a "one-way mirror". Race is not an issue for me. The quality of someone's personality and the actions that come from that are the only way I come to conclusions about who people are. A standoffish attitude is not the way to a better future.

8. Anomolous

Anomolous Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't know someone could do that either. That is not what I am doing here....................there are exceptions to everything and I am not saying that there is not wrongful persecution and injustice still existant within our society. Yes, the native americans were among the first to get the shaft and they have not been the same since. Asians, particularly Japanese citizens, have been mistreated by this country during WWII. The list goes on and on. AND, believe it or not, even white people fall victim to the problems our society has. You're right people in positions of power do not make the right decisions and it hurts others. Not everyone in power is white though, and I know you did not exactly say this but the implications are there. A person does not have to be a particular color in order to learn history and be knowledgeable to a certain respectable degree. On the other hand, if one is not black, one will not know FIRST-HAND what a black person goes through on a daily basis, good or bad. One is not part of that subculture. The same can be said for whites, asians, native americans, etc. Issues today need to be perceived from a human standpoint and not a color standpoint if we are going to overcome the larger obstacles.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    And just how is your presence on this website going to prove that Earth doesn't know what he is talking about? Intelligient people don't need others to validate their points! I have a opinion on the website in question; however, I have no desire to share it with you! You don't have "black friends" who you can ask these types of questions? The only black people in the world that you are aware of are on Destee.com? As I said before black people in general do not appreciate being studied. Whether or not you wish to believe that is what you are doing...it is exactly what you are doing. Don't expect a warm welcome when you approach in this manner!

10. Anomolous

Anomolous Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

Ignorance..........Intolerance..........Negative Assumptions...............oh well, I hoped I would find objective open-minded individuals here. I see that the focus is just on color, though. Guess it goes both ways..............................never mind................

My PRESENCE doesn't show Earth he is wrong. In fact, your attitude towards me is just validating people like him. I am NOT studying African-Americans, pan. YOU are making this about color. I am asking for another PERSON'S perspective. The web-site makes a point about interracial relations. Interracial relations are NOT just about black and white. You assume I have not asked other people I know about this web-site. The fact that you won't share your opinion with me or anyone else just because I am white is pretentious. Earth referred me here because he thought that the members of THIS forum would find this web-site offensive JUST BECAUSE OF COLOR! That is ignorant and contradictory to what he is trying to represent himself as, or MISrepresent I should say. So it is by conincidence that I am here, NOT because of color. If you can not get past that, then that is your problem, your lack of scope. Also, it is not a matter of validation. It is a matter of evidence to back up my point. Intelligent people provide examples or proof to accurately convey their points to other people. It is called good communication or an effective way to share ideas. Lastly, I feel that I have approached very diplomatically and in a non-threatening way. It is discredible to speak of the unwelcomeness you, or others you know, may have faced when you are not willing to reciprocate it even to the most sensitive and polite.