Black Sports : Give it up for Venus Williams!

diakonos said:
Did anybody see her put the Smack down on Davenport this weekend? That was the best tennis match I have ever seen.
i assume it was the only tennis match you've ever seen.
she squeaked out a tiebreaker against an injured opponent.
that doesn't impress me.

It was a great thriller though. I kept wondering whether Venus would control her emotions and stop making mistakes long enough to beat Davenport. Playing an opponent with an injury is a part of the game. And, Venus did what she was expected to do...finish her off. Once Davenport was hurt, she started making errors as well and Venus had to focus and restrain herself so that she could stop making errors. And she did. She made the adjustment she had to make in order to win the game like all great players and teams do. I applaud her for that. It was a gut check for Venus and she was up to the task. I believe this type of match gave her hope and confidence that she can one day be number one in the world of female tennis.

Venus is a great player...ranked 14th in the tournament and 16th overall. She beat the #2 ranked female in the world (Maria Sharapova) and the #1 ranked person in the world although injured (Lindsey Davenport) in order to win the Wimbledon title. She did what she was supposed to do. I give her madd love and props for that. She's mentally tough and healthy. She's back on top again now ranked 8th in the world.

They're BAD, they're mentally tough...and when they're healthy, they're unbeatable. They're the Williams' sisters...the greatest female tennis players in history.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back