Computers - Software Hardware : Git - Version Control

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Brother Gorilla ... you are the absolute BEST !!! ... :bowdown:

Imagine that i am just now actually touching github.com ... today!

You mentioned github in this response to me, and it made me think "i need to understand this better" ... "i'm gonna ask Brother Gorilla to expound on github specifically" ... and then ... before i had time to try to understand moe betta, or even ask you anything ... or even respond to your thoughtful post in the africoin thread ... you posted to this thread ... and i was like ... whaaaaaaaat ... :yaay: ... he's got it all right here for me / us ... and it's been here more than 2 years !!! ... :yaay: ... see ... we don't nevah even know when anything we post is actually gonna kick in wit folk ... but we just gotta do our part and put it on the table ... for those who can see ... who aint all slow like destee ... :shame: ... oh gosh ... yaaaaaaaaaaayy ... thank you Brother Gorilla ... i just registered at github.com ... and i'm finna learn and understand better ... thanks to you ... your encouragement ... your very substantive help ... annnnnnnd ... i won't ask no questions till i dun already read everything you've shared thus far ... but that's gonna take a minute 'cause my plate is so full ... but i dun started ... thank you ... :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Gorilla

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2009
Brother Gorilla ... you are the absolute BEST !!! ... :bowdown:

Imagine that i am just now actually touching github.com ... today!

You mentioned github in this response to me, and it made me think "i need to understand this better" ... "i'm gonna ask Brother Gorilla to expound on github specifically" ... and then ... before i had time to try to understand moe betta, or even ask you anything ... or even respond to your thoughtful post in the africoin thread ... you posted to this thread ... and i was like ... whaaaaaaaat ... :yaay: ... he's got it all right here for me / us ... and it's been here more than 2 years !!! ... :yaay: ... see ... we don't nevah even know when anything we post is actually gonna kick in wit folk ... but we just gotta do our part and put it on the table ... for those who can see ... who aint all slow like destee ... :shame: ... oh gosh ... yaaaaaaaaaaayy ... thank you Brother Gorilla ... i just registered at github.com ... and i'm finna learn and understand better ... thanks to you ... your encouragement ... your very substantive help ... annnnnnnd ... i won't ask no questions till i dun already read everything you've shared thus far ... but that's gonna take a minute 'cause my plate is so full ... but i dun started ... thank you ... :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

No worries. Dumping stuff here actually helps me find it again later too haha.

Git is a pretty big undertaking, but I think it's useful. I don't even scratch the surface of what can be done with it, and I still manage to get quite a lot of use out of it.

If you're looking for a workflow, here is a pretty useful link: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

It's also been handy for keeping configuration files version controlled for those inevitable times when I tweak something and screw it up. I can roll back changes.

Have fun.

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table
It's been a good while, but this place has always been home. Thankful to be here.
Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love: