Black Relationships : Girlfriend cheated with white co-worker. Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by hurtbroken, Apr 14, 2011.

1. hurtbroken

hurtbroken New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I recently confirmed that my girlfriend has been having an affair (physical and emotional) with a white former co-worker in retaliation for a one-night stand I had with a (black) woman. I had always suspected that my girlfriend had had an affair and confronted her about it late last year. She said that she slept with the co-worker once back in 2006 and regretted it, but that he kept contacting her by phone, email and IM and that she would respond because she liked the attention and because she felt badly about using him. She claims, however, that the relationship remained non-physical after the one time they slept together in 2006. They've been in contact as late as January, when she alerted him to the fact that I had found some of their email and IM exchanges. She claims that they haven't spoken since, but with each telling of the story, events and details change, so I don't know what to believe.

Now, a part of me wants to try and work things out, but another part of me is outraged by the fact that she slept with a white man to get back at me. I've always considered myself an open-minded person, but hearing that she had slept with a white man was hard for to take. I don't know if my reaction is racist or not, but I just can't get past the fact that he is white. While I understand how my earlier infidelity helped to create the situation for her affair, I still find it difficult to understand how my girlfriend could cheat on me with a white man. I have had several opportunities to sleep with white women and never have done so. I would have considered it the ultimate disrespect to cheat on my girlfriend with a white woman. So I don't understand how she could have done what she did, and there are days my emotions range from anger to hatred of her.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and can offer some advice on how to handle this situation? I'm interested in hearing both male and female perspectives on this. Thanks...

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148

:bellydance:

1. Unfortunately, you committed the original sin

2. That means, you dont get to be outraged

3. Decide whether you will forgive and forget or dump her

It's that simple

:em0200:

3. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    TROLL FAIL.....:SuN049:

MA'AT

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    find a new girlfriend.......

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

Brother Chinelo ... please stop calling Members out of their names, trolls, and such ... making them not feel welcome.

This Member has done nothing wrong. In fact, they did everything right.

They joined us, posted, and have never been disrespectful or broke a rule.

Please ... let's allow everyone to feel as welcome as you felt, upon joining us.

If you can help them, help them, if you can't or don't wanna, just ignore them.

Thank You.

:heart:

Destee

6. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    DANG BROTHER (assuming you are one... Chinelo look what you done din, I am distrusting him for no reason).

I think you need to re-evaluate your choice of partner. The one-night stand you did was a mistake, shame on you. But if you two had a talk and everything was worked, she was wrong for trying to get back at you. If she never accepted the apology, never said it was alright and never reconciled - you had this coming.

You can choose to stay and work it out, talk it thru etc. But please GAUGE the situation first. Are you both capable of talking it out now, is it too poisoned and hurtful to heal?

Specifically will you ever trust each other again?

A lot of this depends on you as a man, how you choose to handle IT and handle your SELF. If you are not in control of your emotions, you need to leave.

As much as I'm sucking my teeth over all this interracial dating these days, I think you should put your childish emotions to the side. Cheating with a white man was a conditioned response. What made your punk-behind cheat with ANOTHER black woman when you had one alread????! CHECK YO'SELF Brother and SHAME ON YOU. Then, ask yourself what led you to cheat? Underlying issues or just young boy mentality?

I feel your pain (the white boy thing), but what you did made her go crazy. It's not about the white bwoi, it's about YOU. So take the blame for that, these are the type of times we live in. If you choose to stay, it is YOU who must prove you can be trusted, you love her and you are committed. And she must simply apologize and do the same.

Are you able to do this, to work it out to have a life together?

7. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    So how would you have felt if she'd cheated on you with a brother, or cousin? Better or worse than a white man?

Do you hate this particular co-worker, does he give you grief?

I don't get it. Attraction is something that defies race boundaries oftentimes. It's nothing personal, it says nothing about you. If that disgusts you enough, and says too much about her for you to handle, than perhaps you're better off moving along. Either with your ideas or your mate.

One thing is for sure, if it were all about retaliation for a one-night stand, she wouldn't still be talking to dude five years later.

8. Killuminati

Killuminati Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

How old are you bruh?

My advice is.

If your young and have plenty of options in the dating game then just move on to another woman b/c you guys will always be at odds after this.

I have no problem with blk women or men dating outside their race but i would consider your girlfriend and any blk woman who had sex with a ******* tainted.

She is damaged goods bruh.

And you would be looked at as a sucka for putting up with something like that.

The only type of dude that would stay is a sucka and one with no options in the dating game.

Move on bruh.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my wife cheated on me with a white man

2. cheated with a white man

3. cheating with a white man

4. black woman cheats with white man,
  5. cheating with white guy,
  6. i cheated with a white guy,
  7. cheated with a white guy,
  8. girlfriend cheated on me with white guy,
  9. my wife cheated on me with a white guy,
  10. my wife cheated on me with a black man,