Black Spirituality Religion : Ghosts, Spirits and mediumship...

those that claim to be able to define 'mediumship' have never encountered what we have been to think of as ghosts. You're right on one level, there are no such things as ghosts but too bad that is a very low level of thinking. Sorta like a 20 watt light bulb.

On a side note, only crackas doubt seeing or communicating in some way or form with the spirit form because they don't visit them. So once again, they try to make others feel they are crazy for what they have actually witnessed with their own eyes.

When i was a child, when it was lightening outside my mother turned all of the electricity off and we all sat in the same room with a few candles lit.

This lesson has so many levels too it, that i dare not touch it.........OVERSTAND?
who ever said there are no such things as ghosts?

Any ghost anyone sees, is someones daughter or son, someones mother or father, husband or wife, so like I said

how would you feel if your loved one was stuck???

It is wierd, as children in the 60s, ghosts were made to be something cute with cartoons like Casper the Friendly Ghost,
cool like the original ride in Disneyland LA, the one they made the movie from "Ghost's of the Carribbean" that was shown on NBC's Walt Disney's "Wonderful World of Color" one of the first color programs when color TVs came out after black and white,
since it was the first time that holographic technology was presented to the public, interesting from the endless Christmas Carol movies and cartoons,
and just plain spooky fun from a book I was given as a gift called "Afro-American Folktales" and "Alfred Hitchcock's Ghost Stories for Children" series, that was as popular as the Harry Potter series back then,

but as one grows older, and one sees relatives pass,
and really close loved ones pass and the sadness and horror of a child funeral,
our sensibilities as Africna Americans, can not bear to even think of a loved one being stuck on this plane after death, just the thought of that is too horrible to bear!
Put yourself in those shoes, could you bear the thought of your loved one passing and then be stuck like that?

Well you have to understand that all those who pass do not necessarily become "stuck". There are those who become "earth bound" do not know their dead or know they are dead and refuse to leave and then there are others who I refer to as spirits who have "crossed over" meaning they are not earthbound, have transcended and are able to come and go as they please but do most of their work from the other side. Unfortunately there are more of those who have not crossed over that people encounter most.

who ever said there are no such things as ghosts?

Any ghost anyone sees, is someones daughter or son, someones mother or father, husband or wife, so like I said

how would you feel if your loved one was stuck???

I really wouldnt worry so much about that. If I knew a loved one was stuck I would have some one help try to cross them over. Whenever someone close to me dies I always pray that they transition quickly but as we know that its up to them. From what Ive been told no one remains stuck for long but mostly when they do its by their own choice or they simply dont know that they have passed.

I really wouldnt worry so much about that. If I knew a loved one was stuck I would have some one help try to cross them over. Whenever someone close to me dies I always pray that they transition quickly but as we know that its up to them. From what Ive been told no one remains stuck for long but mostly when they do its by their own choice or they simply dont know that they have passed.
Thank you good points,
another troubling thing in this regard, if someone dies from dementia or alzheimers, that is now taking the lives of some Black elderly, does the internal spirit take over after death to bring one into a better frame of mind or does that person stay in that messed up frame of cosnsciousness and may as you say not know, and then get stuck?

Thank you good points,
another troubling thing in this regard, if someone dies from dementia or alzheimers, that is now taking the lives of some Black elderly, does the internal spirit take over after death to bring one into a better frame of mind or does that person stay in that messed up frame of cosnsciousness and may as you say not know, and then get stuck?

Nobody knows anything for sure but I would like to think that the person would pass in their right mind. Here is why, the brain controls all our functions its the brain that is affected by disease such as Alzheimers, consciousness is separate from that in other words the body is suffering not the spirit. Now ive heard that some people who have this are gone already and actually travel between worlds...(how crazy does that sound??) Also from what I know regarding Out of body experiences (OBE) and near death experiences (NDEs) people who were born with physical ailments of the senses have full function during the experience. In other words people who have had NDEs and OBEs who are blind from birth could see, they come back describing colors and scenes that they obviously never experienced in their bodies. So if that is the case then it is certainly possible that a person dying of alzhiemers dies fully aware and crosses over normally.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back