Black Spirituality Religion : Ghosts, Spirits and mediumship...

Each1teach1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 9, 2008
the dirty dirty for now
Occupation
build up the nation
I notice that this is a topic that black people do not like to talk about for the most part. I can understand why to a certain extent (people dont want to be thought of as nut cases) however mostly everyone I know has had an experience on some level or another (including myself) and are mostly reluctant to talk about it. I wonder why. This stuff happens more than often. So my question is have any of you had an experience or thoughts on the topic that you would like to share. Why or why dont you believe, what do you think is the cause of these "paranormal events" and I most definitely want to read personal experiences.

Hildegard von Krone

BANNED
Nov 25, 2011
I do not believe in such things, but sometimes I get the feeling I have already seen something in my mind when the actual event is taking place and I ask myself "mmm this looks familiar". Weird to explain, i dont know if that is deja vu.

info-moetry

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
I notice that this is a topic that black people do not like to talk about for the most part. I can understand why to a certain extent (people dont want to be thought of as nut cases) however mostly everyone I know has had an experience on some level or another (including myself) and are mostly reluctant to talk about it. I wonder why. This stuff happens more than often. So my question is have any of you had an experience or thoughts on the topic that you would like to share. Why or why dont you believe, what do you think is the cause of these "paranormal events" and I most definitely want to read personal experiences.

peace

I don't mind talking about it as i have become comfortable with the one's i see and they have obviously become comfortable with me as they used to flee when i would awake, but now they don't even move. One of them last night when i felt it's presence was chilling over by the tv in a red sweat suit and ball cap waving at me as i peaked from under my quilts.....lol

I have been astral projecting for some years now and i'm starting to wonder have i brought someone (s) back with me from one of my trips....It's always the same two 'ghosts' or spirits and i usually feel their presence between 2 - 5 am. I only sleep about 4 or 5 hours a night, so when i wake up sometimes i just stay still, squint my eyes so that they don't know i'm up and i watch them. I've even come to realize that they wake me up on purpose some mornings as their presence feels even stronger than previous mornings. Like they're partying on the other side of my bedroom or sumtin'.....lol

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
It is wierd, as children in the 60s, ghosts were made to be something cute with cartoons like Casper the Friendly Ghost,
cool like the original ride in Disneyland LA, the one they made the movie from "Ghost's of the Carribbean" that was shown on NBC's Walt Disney's "Wonderful World of Color" one of the first color programs when color TVs came out after black and white,
since it was the first time that holographic technology was presented to the public, interesting from the endless Christmas Carol movies and cartoons,
and just plain spooky fun from a book I was given as a gift called "Afro-American Folktales" and "Alfred Hitchcock's Ghost Stories for Children" series, that was as popular as the Harry Potter series back then,

but as one grows older, and one sees relatives pass,
and really close loved ones pass and the sadness and horror of a child funeral,
our sensibilities as Africna Americans, can not bear to even think of a loved one being stuck on this plane after death, just the thought of that is too horrible to bear!
Put yourself in those shoes, could you bear the thought of your loved one passing and then be stuck like that?

info-moetry

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
those that claim to be able to define 'mediumship' have never encountered what we have been to think of as ghosts. You're right on one level, there are no such things as ghosts but too bad that is a very low level of thinking. Sorta like a 20 watt light bulb.

On a side note, only crackas doubt seeing or communicating in some way or form with the spirit form because they don't visit them. So once again, they try to make others feel they are crazy for what they have actually witnessed with their own eyes.

When i was a child, when it was lightening outside my mother turned all of the electricity off and we all sat in the same room with a few candles lit.

This lesson has so many levels too it, that i dare not touch it.........OVERSTAND?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : GHOSTS, do you believe... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 29
Amnat77 Black Spirituality Religion : Ghosts of the Underground - Documentary Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : Calling All Ghosts ~ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
N Black Poetry : Ghosts of Winter (inspired by Sherykah) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: episode plays that in those days spirits were brave while i drop lyrics // on the pave, jus Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Blackbird Black People : An Update: The ANCESTORS and SPIRITS are REAL - not fake (A fascinating journey to the Realm) Black People Open Forum 63
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : Gad-Vodou Spirits of Protection Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : Marriage to Spirits - Vodou Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 52
B Black Entertainment : Spirits: The Series Black Entertainment 1
I Black Spirituality Religion : Making peace with spirits. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
tyab14 Black Spirituality Religion : Reincarnation, and the Color of Spirits Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : PROTECTED BY SPIRITS OR SECRETS? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 111
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : West African Nature Spirits in the South Carolina Lowcountry Omowale Jabali 4
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : The Spirit In Between: Protecting Youself and Your home from Stray spirits Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
S Black Spirituality Religion : SPIRITS "DO NOT SPEAK"!... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 68
C Black Relationships : DO YOU BELIEVE IN KINDRED SPIRITS OR SOUL MATES? Black Relationships 31
river Food and Our Spirits - The Way it Spose To Be Black Health and Wellness 5
Oru Kuro Ereme African Traditional Religion : African Traditional Religion~ Mediumship and Maraj Lwa African Traditional Religion Study Group 6

Latest profile posts

$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days
Destee wrote on Marcchris's profile.
Hi @Marcchris ... Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! :wave: ... Thanks for joining us AND becoming a Premium Member! :cheerleader: ... I am honored. Please make yourself right at home! Much Love and Peace.
Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
I Love You! :love:
Destee wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Good to see you Sister! :cheerleader:
Kemetstry wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Where have you been hiding ?