Black People : 'Ghettopoly'

Yes ya'll this game is messed up but lets not have this scenario shift our attention from issues that are way more important. We all know what happens..a couple of our negro leaders will push the issue of this game by getting Black people riled up(like we don't have enough stress already) just to put their face on t.v. in order to further their own personal and political agenda, thereby shifting our focus from issues that have a higher priority.

I agree with Hesaid that this game should be a wake up call to all of us. We accept degenerative behavior from our own people in the form of degrading movies, music, television sitcoms, talk shows.etc.. These images travel all over the planet and so its obvious that groups of people who aren't familiar with Africans in America/West outside of the media programming would view us negatively. I'm not excusing the game, but I think that we need to stop excusing some of our own folks. Its time that we all do some housecleaning of some of our own until they decide to apologize for their destructive behavior and start doing right. Any suggestions of what can be done cause I'm tired of the foot shuffling, boot licking behavior of some of our people....oh... so called "leaders" are included also. Its time for all "conscious" Black people to start taking proactive steps to check some of our own because they do not have our best interest at heart. Some of them are a liability to us.

ACTION= RESULTS,PEOPLE....IF WE DON'T PUT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF PRESSURE ON ALL OF THIS NEGATIVITY DELIBERATELY AIMED AT OUR PEOPLE,AIN'T NOTHING GOING TO HAPPEN TO BENEFIT US....HE ALREADY TALKED TRASH ABOUT RELEASING THUGOPOLY,REDNECKOPOLY,etc...BUT NOTICE HOW HE AIN'T SAY NOTHING ABOUT HOLOCAUSOPOLY OR KIKEOPOLY,OR CHING CHONGOPOLY,BECAUSE HE KNOWS THAT SO CALLED "JEWS" & ASIANS WILL BE SHUTTING HIS @SS DOWN IMMEDIATELY,BUT JIGGABOOS ,PORCHMONKEYS & COONS? SELL IT TO THEM ,BECAUSE THEY'LL BE STUPID ENOUGH TO BUY IT....This is EXACTLY how EUROPEANS THINK OF US,& NOW IT IS SPREADING INTO THE BUSINESS MINDS OF OTHER NATIONALITIES. ACTION,PEOPLE!!! FORGET PROTESTING,THAT NEVER GETS US NOWHERE...IF U ASK ME,SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BEAT HIM BLOODY FOR PUTTING THAT RACIST GARBAGE ON THE MARKET.....THEN AGAIN,THERE'S ENOUGH OF US IN JAIL AS IS,SO WE JUST NEED TO {AS A UNITED FRONT} PUT THE HEAVIEST PRESSURE ON Chang's invention,because this store it's already in{URBAN OUTFITTERS} has RETAIL OUTLETS WORLDWIDE!!!!!

Blacks don't have the luxury of being seen as individuals, rather we are always seen as representatives of a group...seen one seem them all.

These rappers and actors who play roles that reinforce the stereotypes that exist concerning Africans are one of Africa's enemies and the enemy of all those Africans who seek to break free of the world view.

They carry out the work of the enemy, are paid by the enemy....knowingly or unknowingly, this is what they are.
This includes African descended people who go on TV and behave like buffoons.

Peace and Love

Letter to founder of Ghettopoly

The NAACP chapter of my college (Grambling State Universtiy in Grambling Louisiana) sent the following "friendly" letter to Mr. Chaing the founder of Ghettopoly:

Mr. Chaing:

It is with much sadness that we must make acquaintance in these unfriendly and unkind circumstances. My chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has been made aware of your game entitled "Ghettopoly". I would like to share with you on behalf of the over 100 student members of our chapter the pure outrage and heartache you have brought forth with the creation of your hideous and degrading game.

It is disturbing to my members and I that you would choose to promote and profit off such negative aspects of society that cause great harm to individuals and to the African-American community, not only here at Grambling but across this Nation. The NAACP has worked for over 94 years to promote social and racial equality and with all due respect, this chapter will not sit by quietly and allow this type of insult to occur unchallenged.

In staying with a friendly spirit in this letter, I urge you to turn your talents into doing more things that involve positive images and activities. Having said that, if this is not done, on behalf of the GSU NAACP Chapter I can assure you that we will initiate all available options both locally and nationally to economically and legally bring about the change we desire to reflect the positive images to our community compared to the ignorance and bigotry displayed by your ill-advised game.

You can contact Mr. Chaing your self if you are as outraged about this as we are. The website where you can get more info on the game is www.Ghettopoly.com and Mr. Chaing's email address is davidchang@ghettopoly.com.

Please send this letter to everyone you know so we together can get this game off the shelves.

Yours In The Struggle,

URGelus

"It draws on stereotypes not as a means to degrade, but as a medium to bring together in laughter," Chang maintains, adding, "If we can't laugh at ourselves ... we'll continue to live in blame and bitterness."

Hmmm....Well, if Chang thinks this idea is so funny, how come he didn't come up with a game called Triadopoly or Chinatownopoly first?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back