Black People : 'Ghettopoly'

Regina

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 5, 2002
Metro Atlanta
Occupation
Engineer
I talked to Hasbro and their legal teams are currently investigating copyright infringement. He is an immigrant from Taiwan who came to this country and saw how we tolerate mess in our communities. He then used it to exploit stereotypes and to make money. Would we be as mad if this was a Black man? If the answer is yes, then why do we tolerate disrespect of our race by our very own? Any one of you who help perpetuate stereotypes, then you can't say anything! Those who don't, continue to try to educate our sisters and brothers.

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Sister Divinity ... thank you for sharing.

Sister Regina ... Welcome Home !!

Here's a little more info regarding this ...
The symbols found in "Ghettopoly" are an accurate reflection of what hip-hop heroes are selling to White America. Ironically, people are outraged about Urban Outfitters' selling a foul board game, but few people of influence seem to care that every record store in America is selling music that glorifies the very stereotypes the game promotes.

How can black people be outraged over a board game when black superstars have gotten rich by promoting those same stereotypes? These performers aren't boycotted. They are worshipped.

Click Here To Read Entire Article
:heart:

Destee

happy69

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 3, 2002
One logical way to protest this is that All African-Americans should not ever set foot in Urban Outfitters. But, that won't happen. Why even worry about this - when we are weak?
Maybe it would have made a difference if the person who made the game was Black?
We talk about Boycott---but we have to just STOP doing some things. We complain and never ever try to make situations better-never!
That is why an Asian can do this, and we will still help the Asian community viable by living off the blood of our communities.

Hesaid

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 24, 2003
Great States
You know what?
I aint against this game, let it sell and sell
until we overstand how STUPID we are.

We accept mocking ourselves then when
others do it we get mad. This is a reflection of
an African American culture cos thats what it
is nothing but a Slave owners self destructive
slave.
Destroying himself
We did this not them.

I say truthfuly the only way out
of this negative wave (which is getting worse)
is to LEAVE.

I think that time is coming.
ITS JUST TOO MUCH.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.