Black Short Stories : ghetto church scene (part 1)

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by krazelyricks, Jul 27, 2004.

1. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    “Brothas and sistahs of the congregation, today was a good service, wasn’t it?” Pastor Williams whipped his forehead with a cloth he carried with him every Sunday and jumped for joy.

“Amen!!!!” The congregation yelled with all their might. We had just read from the bible and my favorite part was just about to come up.

Sweat dripped down my breast and slowly meandered down my stomach. Today was a hot Sunday just like every other Sunday. I had just sat down from jumping up and down from one of my holy ghost scenes. You see, this was sort of a ritual for me. I’m Gina Rye. Call me Gina. No need to be formal. I don’t know you and shoot you don’t know me. Anyway, I made it my business every Sunday to come to church. No, I didn’t come to catch holy ghost of to sing. I came to seduce Pastor Williams. I came to church every Sunday at ten o’clock on the dot just so I could get my seat on the front pew. I had to beat Jackie, or Ms. **** as I’m used to calling her. You see, me and Jackie didn’t get along one bit. Mainly, because we were trying to go after the same man. She tried her bestest to steal him away from me. She wore the shortest skirts and tightest shirts just to get his attention. I swear, you would have thought this lady couldn’t breath if you saw her. She was nothing more than the devil incarnated. Right about now you probably thinking I’m the same thing, right? Well, I’m not. I’m nothing more than lonely twenty six year old who’s had her heart broken. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a man in my bed. I haven’t had one since last month when my fiance, Black, got killed in a gang shoot out and now I had my eyes on Pastor Robert Williams. That’s right, I wanted that man more than you could ever know. I was determined to be with him. The only problem was, he acted as if he didn’t even know me. He didn’t nothing more than sneak peeks under my skirts or occasional glances of the eyes. I had to do something to get this man. I had to have Pastor Williams.

“Yes, amen to that brothas and sistahs. Well, now is the time where I ask all brothas and sistahs that need prayer in their lives to come up to the front podium. You might need prayer because you’ve lost someone in life or because you’ve done something bad. Yeck, you might need prayer because you feel as if you need freedom from a demon. I’m here to offer that to you. Brothas and sistahs.........”

Awwww, save the small talk.

I had to beat Jackie to the podium. She was always trying to be the first one. I was hot as I don’t know what. You would have thought the church didn’t have any air condition at all. I whipped the sweat from my eye brows and straightened my skirt. I had gotten used to coming up to the front of the church now. It was a breeze for me. It was like there was a new problem in my life every week that I needed prayer for. I swear, you would have though sistah girl was a pure drama queen. I’m not though, most of the time I just made up something and said the first thing that came to my mind.

I walked to him with my head held high ignoring all the people in which I passed. I just focused on him. He had a delighted smiled on his face. This meant he was impressed with what he saw. This was a good sign for me. Because this ensemble was not like all the rest of the ensembles I wore every Sunday. I picked this just for him. And it made me smile knowing that he liked it. I had picked out a tight, but not so tight, rather form fitting dress. It was black and it fitted every one of my curves just right. The dress pressed against my breast just right. It showed cleavage but not too much cleavage. No, I did not look like no tramp. I looked good. [email protected] good, if I may say so myself.

“Uhm......” Jackie said under her breath with her nose up as I passed her. I paid her no mind.

Don’t hate the playa, hate the game sistah. I thought to myself as I passed her.

The older women of the congregation waved their paper fan and yelled amens congratulating me on the way to the podium. They knew exactly what I was trying to do yet they still shouted their halleluiahs. Maybe, because they knew I wasn’t doing nothing they didn’t find themselves doing back in the days. Shoot, the way I see it, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do.

Finally I made it up to the podium. Pastor Williams stood there with waiting arms, a smile on his face, and freshly licked lips. I smiled up at him as he helped me to the front of the stage.

“Sistah, it is a glorious day today.” He licked his lips none knowingly looking me up and down seductively. “What is it that you need prayer for today.”

Time for my acting scene. Get ready.

“Pastor, as everybody knows I have had a terrible lost in my life. I lost my fiance. At this point in my life I find myself doing some strange things like ironing his shorts and making his favorite sandwiches, forgetting that he is not even here with us anymore. I need prayer pastor to let him go....... I need prayer to get my life back on track.” A fake tear descended down my face.

Well, it wasn’t all that fake because I was thinking about Black when it fell. Shoot, I had to think about something.

“Sistah, we all know death is a trying time for us all. We don’t want to leave this world but we know that we all have to some day. Are you with me sistah?“ I shook my head telling him yes. “Good, God has a plan for all. Evidently, his plan for Brotha Malcolm was for him to leave now. Don’t think it was to hurt you. It was to put him in a better place. Sistah, let me tell you something that my mama told me. She said, son.....”

Yeah, yeah, yeah, ya-dah, ya-dah, ya-dah. Okay fast forward. You heard one speech, then you’ve heard them all. Now, here is the good part. I get to act again.

Pastor came over to me with his anointing hands and he put his hand on my head. I instantly fell back in a mother’s hand. I started shaking uncontrollably. No, I was not having a real holy ghost. I had to do something though, I was in front of all these people. People all around the church started to shout and dance around. The organs and drums played the holy ghost song and I shook my body. Pastor Williams came over to me and took me out the mother’s hand. He held me up, stealing touches of my breast. That’s right, he stole touches of my breast. All preachers aren’t as saved and holy as they make themselves to be. They get horny too. Bingo, and that is exactly what I wanted him to do.

When the scene had played out and all the congregation was back in their seats I went back to my seat. I whipped the fake tears from my eyes and watched as Jackie made her way to the podium. The same scene unfolded again except this time she made up a story about her losing a long lost brother that she never got a chance to meet. Now, who would believe that junk? Well, he did and so did all the rest of the congregation. I swear, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. I looked around and I couldn’t believe this junk. She didn’t even have to do there. She always trying to outshine somebody. I hate that broad. Once again, one of the mothers caught her the congregation went to their feet. I was tired around this time and there was no way I was about to fake another holy ghost.Uh-Uh, no way.

It was almost three o’clock church was just letting lose. I didn’t like when church was this long. Shoot, I was ready to go home. That service tired ole girl out. Sweat was still on me. I knew I had to take a bath. Before going out the church I hugged all the elderly women of the church and asked about their families. In church, shoot you would have though I was the model participator. I was in their eyes but in mine’s, I was just trying to get with Pastor Williams.

“Sistah Gina.” I knew that voice from anywhere. That’s right, it was him.

I turned around slowly. A smile lit across my face. I was happy sure enough but I was really just ready to get home. I was hot and my feet was killing my in my new pumps that I bought just for the dress. However, it was Pastor Williams we were talking about now. shoot, I would stay here all day if it was to be with him. But the thought entered my mind almost immediately.

What does he want?

To be continued............

2. krazelyricks

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    I wrote this story from personal experience to be honest. I mean, when I go to church, and I'm sure there are plenty like me, I don't go to get the biblical words. We go to find potential mates. I guess, this has grown natural now. I don't know.
    No, I'm not Gina in this story. I'm more like the older woman that shouted amens even though they knew what Gina was doing because they've did the same thing before.
    You know, I just come out and say it. Ain't no same in my game. I just wanted to put it in narrative and see where it gets me. I don't know, maybe I could make this into a book or sumthin'. :(

3. Ireadastory

Ireadastory Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Funny But True

I thought the story was very funny but what I liked most was your comment at the end. I like the fact that you could be honest and no, you are not the only one that goes to church for those reasons. I too am the other woman that knows whats going on in a situation like that, but I never say Amen. I pray that the person keeps coming despite the reason and just maybe something will be said that they need to hear. Good story.

4. krazelyricks

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thank you ireadastory and welcome to destee's again. I'm glad you was feelin' my joint. I tired to put a twist to it. I haven't read a story about church on here before. I've read poems but not stories. Thanks for the love again iread....

5. blakgeek

blakgeek Member MEMBER

Software Development
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am really digging your writing style and this an interesting story line. I look forward to reading the rest.

6. krazelyricks

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    thank you blakgeek, I really appreciate you feelin' this. I will have the rest real soon.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow u took me to gheto church here to see deep inside what a story !

8. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    lol...i liked this gurl, it was hot forreal...
    :much love
    -story

9. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    this was a great story!!!!

10. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Now this is something real! I've met too many women like Gina in my life..... Come to think of it, maybe I have been Gina.. in a former life, ya know? Keep it coming girl!