Ghana : Ghana native adopts African American children

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Ghana native adopts African American children
When Yeboah isn’t neck-deep in working with kids in North Minneapolis or a West African village, she is raising five children of her own at home. Three of the children are African American, whom Yeboah adopted after they fell into dire circumstances in a broken home. In 2002, Yeboah moved the entire family to Ghana where they lived in a village for nearly a year and half.

“They were having so many problems in school. They had behavior issues and problems focusing on anything. They were always restless and jumping around,” she recalls.

“I wanted to educate them in the culture and it worked. They had been taking Ritalin. I weaned them off of that. They adapted to the weather and the food, to the culture and the people.”

All of Yeboah’s children speak Ghanaian languages fluently, and, even in their mannerisms, show a mix of both African and American cultures. “It was a revelation. African American children can go back to the land of their ancestors and learn something and make a change for the better,” she says.

Not in leagues with Madonna but she took time out her PROFESSIONAL PURSUITS to tackle a GROWING COMMUNITY PROBLEM.

Who would have known an KIND AFRICAN would be concerned with the MATTER of AFRICAN-AMERICAN children from BROKEN HOMES.

Wow! How wonderful of Yehboah!
This is just beautiful!

Yanno Sister DustyElbow, I been meaning to tell you, you've dropped some of the most interesting, and thought provoking articles. I think people are reading them, listening, absorbing the information, and keeping a watchful eye out for the outcomes. I know this is the case for me.

Keep on dropping them sis! I enjoy reading the articles you provide us.

:thanks: :terrific:

PurpleMoons said:
Yanno Sister DustyElbow ...

Oh gosh Sister Purple ... i've been saying Brother DustyElbow !!! ... lol ... :eeek:

Okay ... one of us has got ta be wrong ... right ... ?? ... :look:

DustyElbow ... please let us know ... are you a Sister or Brother ??

We just want to be able to greet you properly.

I agree with Sister Purple ... great articles / information you share with us ... Thanks!

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Oh gosh Sister Purple ... i've been saying Brother DustyElbow !!! ... lol ... :eeek:

Okay ... one of us has got ta be wrong ... right ... ?? ... :look:

DustyElbow ... please let us know ... are you a Sister or Brother ??

We just want to be able to greet you properly.

I agree with Sister Purple ... great articles / information you share with us ... Thanks!

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Hmmmmm! You're probably right Sister Destee. I thought I read some where dustyelbow was a Sister. I've searched through most of the post to find out if I am wrong, but couldn't find nothing. It wasn't a thorough such though.

I apologize if I am wrong.:zipit:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back