Black People : Get to know you all ( not a poem)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ladybug, Apr 19, 2001.

1. ladybug

ladybug Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I would really appreciate if everyone could just leave me with bit of personal info, basically age and location and any more if you please. I would just like to know the backgrounds of the people i give a little bit of myself to everyday (smile) and also was wondering what age group was all the good and insightful advice coming from : young, mature, soulful crowd or the wise, "been around awhile" (smile) crowd (lol). well anyway if you can leave me with some of this info, I would very much so appreciate, i mean i feel like since you all have shared with me your inner most beauty, words of the soul ( poetry)then you all can atleast hit a sista' up with the basics(lol)

I am 19, and I am currently attending college in the ATL. My major is Business Information Systems. My nationality is Turkish and African American (different huh?)(smile) I am obviously a female,(yet the not so obvious) is that i am a strong-willed, inteligent, powerful, independent,open-minded (cultural diversity, etc) and "sexy" mentallity with my inner persona young lady! and i think that about sums it up!

2. thepoetsean

thepoetsean Well-Known Member MEMBER

student, advocate to change the world
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi! My name is...

i'm sean
    19 years old
    from Miami Florida
    Japanese/Blackfoot ancestry
    African American
    attending Florida A&M University
    majoring in Graphic Design--

I love poetry...
    currently I have over 1600 poems and counting--
    sharing a bit of my days and experiences with the family I have here--
    EVERYDAY!

anything else?

[email protected]

sean-a.k.a-wurdplai--or thepoetsean

3. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    Where um frum

Atlanta is where I was
    Born and bred, this is
    The place where I lay
    My head

UbZoRb (ing) all that
    Is around me

From the Konfederate
    Flag that flaps
    Proudly from the Kapital

To the man in the
    Wheel chair asking
    For spare change

The former home of
    Freak Nik, '96 Olympics
    Super Bowls and World
    Series….

Known for those Ga Peaches

Home of Martin and Hosea
    Yeah this is where I stay

If you eva get in my
    Neck of the woods
    Know that its all good

Stop by my abode
    Take ya shoes off
    Get in poetic mode
    Set a spell

This is where I dwell

Hey bug, Im a 27 year old mother of two boys, been married for the last 8 years to a wonderful man. I love to cook, I can't sing, just the typical girl next door with a whole lotta jazz. Hope this helps, holla at a girl being that we in the same city and all [email protected]

4. ladybug

Ratings:
    +0
    (repost)

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    LADYBUG)))))))

AS U KNOW I'M THE LOVER THE MAN OF FLIGHT
    I DWELL IN THE WINDY CITY CHICAGO LAND
    I AM A MALE NURSE & SALES ASSOC.
    I AM ONE OF DA OLE SCHOOLER FROM WAY BACK
    BEEN MARRIED ONE NOW SINGLE AND FREE LIKE
    MY DOVES I AM POWERFUL AND WEAK
    I LOVE TO READ MYSTERY AND LOVE NOVALS
    I LOVE TO WRITE
    MY VISION IS POETIC AS I WRITE
    MY HEART IS FULL OF LOVE
    MY SOUL IS OF GOD ALL MIGHTY
    MY MIND IS MINES
    I LOVE TO LOVE AND BE LOVED
    I AM WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM TO BE .....

(((((FLYING LOW)))))
    $R

6. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
    Who am I?

I am 21 years old.
    I just gratuated back in October from DeVry in Decatur.
    And I'm a Software Engineer...(focusing on web development)
    So yea...i live in the atl too.
    But i'm originally from VA...I moved here to go to school which is now going on 4 years.
    I am a big homebody. I after a long days work i go home and write and listen to soft sounds until i get ready to go to bed. I've been writing poetry since I was Ten years old..and I don't know how many i have.:) I lost some...gave some away...I just stopped counting lol. But I love it...live for it and feed off it. To all of my fellow college students...goodluck..and know that it is all uphill from there. And to tell you the truth..i miss it. LOL Well thats me...I ramble...i write...i listen...and all that other good stuff. Maybe we can hang some times since you're here..we can discuss peotry..life..society. me and my friends are always getting into debates like dhat. They are so fun...

I almost forgot!!! my email: [email protected]

7. ladybug

Ratings:
    +0
    hey, to shaneak I am attending DeVRY in alpharetta and I am in my second semester and basically I want to know is it all good like they claim it is? My major is BUsiness Information Systems and I hope that after all of this hard work and hard Money (smile) that i will land me a job, please holla back and let me know how you are doing, oh and congratulations! because it is not just anybody that GRADUATES out of DeVRY

8. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
    Attending DeVry

Well that's good. DeVry is a pretty good school. It has its ups and downs. I enjoyed it...just stay focused and make sure you continue to get good grades. I'm not saying devote your entire you life to it...because i sure didn't but make sure you have your priorities straight. Oh man..I sound like somebody's mother!!! LOL

Anyways...BIS is a good major and can land you a good job...my advice...Learn Visual Basic...they teach that in your major. Because in your field its needed...if you can see if they offer peoplesoft i'm not sure if they teach it though. BIS limits you to the types of job you can obtain so try and get as much as you can out of the program. And as you long as you know what the world wants and DeVry continues to teach what the world is looking for...you'll be okay. More advice...around your last year in school...be sure to have some type of technical background of doing something..anything...not just your internship which will also be beneficial although i'm not sure if BIS students had to take an internship but be sure to look for a job in the IT field doing anything and I will pray for you in hopes that is relates somewhat to your major. You'll be fine and it will definitely pay off...other than the cost and the financial debt you'll be in. But if you play your cards right you'll be pretty straight on that end. Like one of my friends she is a DBA in Maryland and she makes about 50k now and she just gratuated in June and another friend of mine who gratuated in June works for NCR and he makes over 50k. Also remember this...Don't wait on DeVry to find you a job. Go and get it yourself and when people say they gratuated from DeVry and they can't find a job...that's because they are doing something wrong. In terms of not applying...if you apply to ten jobs a day...you would get a reply back from one of those companies in a week...if you don't put forth the effort you don't get what you deserve. Let them help you get a coop or something because they are very beneficial and a few friends of mine who were in them went on permanent with their company. But as far as when you gratuate...just be sure to be looking before you gratuate because they don't start looking for you until the semester you are about to gratuate and then forth. If you're like me...I ain't got time to wait on somebody else to start my career. I hope this is beneficial information. I know it's a lot to intake being your just in your 2nd semester buts its always good to know...and by the way...The GPA myth everybody was talking about and it has to be this and it has to be that...Don't stress it...because most companies don't either. Just make sure you stay around a 3.0 or 3.5 and learn the material...Even if you got a C or a D on the test...as long as you know the material...know how to write the code and understand the logic of it all...in the business world...you'll be fine. And me and my fellow grads will be here to help you if you have any questions. If i can't answer it I'll be sure to find someone who will. You know...I should build a site where all the DeVry grads can talk and discuss issues such as technical issues career issues DeVry issues(their teaching methods, current curriculum and all that good stuff) That sounds pretty cool. i'll have to think about that one.

Oh yea...my major was CIS. I don't think I told you that.:) well i'm rambling again. I hope this helps and...my email address won't show up on there because of my last name so here is my work one...[email protected]

9. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    ladybug...

i be baller...ivory ball...43 years of love.
    originally from chicago...but raised in the south--mississippi, louisiana, arkansas. have a math degree from mississippi valley state university...in teaching. high schoolers got so bad, i didn't want to teach. did a twenty year stint in the institution of marriage--divorced in june, 2000. did a twelve year stint in the air force...went to DeVry L.A.--city of industry, pomona--afterward--EET major. currently living in colorado springs, colorado...working for intel corporation for the past six years.

LIFE IS GOOD.

10. nexis5

nexis5 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I am Disipline, Drive and Destiny

M
    Artist
    Romantic
    Woman crazy
    Sagitarious
    Exiled Dictator
    Renaissance man
    Aspire to creative love and living.

I also seek the most intelligent form of rebellion. A concise eloquent **** you to the whole ****.

Lets get back to love and living no more crying and suffering.