Black Entertainment : Get Rich or Die Trying

diakonos

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 13, 2004
I saw this movie over the weekend (very entertaining). Since this flick is suppose to be 75% biographical, I tried to figure out who the characters in this film were supposed to represent in real life as I was watching it. Of course some characters were easy to figure out. 50 Cent was obviously represented Marcus (played by 50 Cent). I also believe that Ja Rule was represented by Dangerous (the rival rapper played by Michael Miller).

Will anyone else who has seen this movie, help me figure out the following?

Who was Majestic (played by Adewale Akinnuoye) supposed to represent?

Who was Bama (played by Terrence Howard) supposed to represent? Was he supposed to be one of the members of the G-unit (Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo)?

Who was Levar (played by Bill Dukes) supposed to represent? Also, did you get the impression that Levar was Marcus’ father?

Who was Odell (played by Russell Hornsby) supposed to represent?

All of these characters were involved in serious criminal activity. I wondered throughout the movie how much of it was fact, and how much of it was fiction?

diakonos said:
I saw this movie over the weekend (very entertaining). Since this flick is suppose to be 75% biographical, I tried to figure out who the characters in this film were supposed to represent in real life as I was watching it. Of course some characters were easy to figure out. 50 Cent was obviously represented Marcus (played by 50 Cent). I also believe that Ja Rule was represented by Dangerous (the rival rapper played by Michael Miller).

Who was Bama (played by Terrence Howard) supposed to represent? Was he supposed to be one of the members of the G-unit (Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo)?

Who was Levar (played by Bill Dukes) supposed to represent? Also, did you get the impression that Levar was Marcus’ father?

All of these characters were involved in serious criminal activity. I wondered throughout the movie how much of it was fact, and how much of it was fiction?
All i know fosho is that majestic, was suppose to be supreme mcgriff

diakonos said:

50 did not actually write this film so the characters involved are largely ficticious. I would not be so quick to say that Majestic actually is Supreme McGriff for the simple reason that Premo is still alive and currently a witness in the Murder Inc. trial. There was not any respresentation of the Lorenzo Brothers in the film. Furthermore, consider 50's association with Eminem and Dr. Dre. There are no similar character's in the film.

Froggy1 said:
All i know fosho is that majestic, was suppose to be supreme mcgriff

Froggy1,

I had never heard of this guy, so I did a google search on him. I found a lot of interesting articles on this guy, to support your assertion that Majestic represented Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff. Here is one of them.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0426043murder1.html

As we've previously reported, an FBI/NYPD probe targeting Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff is examining his close ties with rap titan Irv Gotti (real name Irving Lorenzo) and the Murder, Inc. label. Investigators have alleged that McGriff, 43, bankrolled Gotti and has "provided Murder, Inc. with 'muscle'--threats, violence, and intimidation."

That sounds like Majestic to me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back