Black Poetry : Get Over Her

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by midnightsson, Feb 16, 2003.

1. midnightsson

midnightsson Well-Known Member MEMBER

MidAmerica Products
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get Over Her

I love hearing that...mainly it's from people who have no clue what it's about
    i wanna get over you, but how can I?
    I set you on a pedestal so high, I would have to be a ****ing bird to get over you
    heh, it's almost funny..when I was in love, I could've flew..but you clipped my wings
    no matter how much time passes, I can't get you out of my heart, mind, or system
    you're like a parasite, not killing me, but eating away at me, leaving me feeling hollow
    you're like a **** viral strand, unless I get an anti-you, you're just gonna keep multiplying
    you're like the tree in the garden of Eden...I can't have you, but i'm practically dying to
    where ever I go I see reminders of you, us, whatever...
    every sunrise I witness, all I can see is your dual jewels that shine just a bit brighter...
    but you're cheating, theres only one sun, you have two eyes
    I see a tree, all I can see is myself...appearing dead and callous on the exterior
    but inside full of life and tenderness, call yourself Johnny Appleseed babe...
    you might as well have planted me
    I see a couple kissing...oh ****!! I won't go there!!
    I see a clock, yes a clock...all I can think about are all the hours that could have been ours
    blades of grass..I try and count them and compare that to the reasons i loved you...
    and keep needing to switch fields
    don't get it twisted..this is no love poem, more like hate
    I hate having loved you, I hate myself for still loving you, and I hate you for making me love you
    I hate how I fell in love with a whole ethnic group because of your silly ***
    I hate how when night comes, I feel alone, and I hate how when day comes...
    I know that very night...i'll be alone
    I hated how you flipped your hair outta your eyes and wore sunglasses when there was no sun
    and I hate when you took them off, I realized you were just shielding the world from the radiance
    more blinding than staring directly into an infra-red beam, or any color on the **** spectrum
    I hated when you cut your hair, then hated because you still looked beautiful
    I hate trying to find reasons to hate you
    "It couldn't be meant to be, or it would"...anyone who's said that to someone, I hate you
    I hate looking into the sky and seeing the same sky we gazed at together
    I hate artists who try and recreate that sky on canvas
    I hate the **** store owner that sold them the canvas and brushes
    I hate rain because we got caught in it once...and now I love it...
    I hate clouds because they cause rain
    I hate condensation...and the teacher who taught me about it
    I hate the union that even hired that teacher...
    I hate air, cuz it's the only thing we share...I hate people that breathe our air boo...
    I think I hate love itself...anything remotely like love, other than family....I hate it
    so I ask you, how can I get over you?
    I can get around you, past you, through you, maybe even beside you one day again...
    but NEVER over you.

Derrick H.

2. ladye

ladye Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    :cry: :cry: :cry: aw baby, i have been there and i'll tell you it's never easy.the only thing that wil heal your broken heart is time space and a pen. just keep writing it out:kiss:

3. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    All I can say is wow!! I am sorry you feel that way, cuz I feel that way too. I hurt too, and you don't hate her, I think you know that, just like I don't hate him, I wished I hadn't met him, cuz now i can't get over him. Hey, there must be a reason why we all go through these things, just hold tyte and be strong. Thats what I tell myself. She just might come around.

4. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    dunn i have the answer- she ain't God! no woman's worth all of that..

nfinite..........

5. midnightsson

MidAmerica Products
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey j'hiah...no woman is God...but when and if it happens to you....say that to yourself and see if you feel that way...thanx for the words lade and dream

6. Kitana

Kitana Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I could identify with every line of this..."you're like a **** viral strand"..says everything....when you are this much in love the other person invades every part of you...I loved this peace so much..and the third line is a killer.....great work...

K

7. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    on the poetry alone- very nice- very real.
    madd respect.

lt did happen to me in high school. Never again!
    l love the gold and hate the glitter.

8. Legacy21

Legacy21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Poet All Day, Everyday
    Ratings:
    +7
    Feeling it. I have been here before. It's so hard because you are mad at yourself for still loving that person even though it is over. There are so many conflicting emotions inside, and for some people it is more difficult than others to heal, especially when you fall deeply in love. But one day it will get easier, and your life will go on, and there will be a greater love, & you will be much wiser. Peace

9. midnightsson

MidAmerica Products
    Ratings:
    +0
    j'hiah....thanx...and i agree about the gold and glitter...and i feel you also on the never again....kitana and legacy...thank you so much for your encouraging words, i really appreciate them!