Black People : Get Along Back People

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Bisabee, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Apr 4, 2006

I get tired of hearing that “Black people just can’t get along with each other.” I’ve read about the Willie Lynch thing and I’m tired of that too. I say this to my people: Just because whites did this to us doesn’t mean we can’t undo this. As a matter of fact, we need to stop talking about this ridiculous willie lynch thing. When we continue to repeat something, it becomes more powerful. We have to believe that we can undo whatever has been done and then act on this belief.

We can respect each other even if we don’t all love each other because our SURVIVAL depends on respecting each other. I don’t know about anybody else, but my survival is more important to me than whether I like you or not or whether I agree with you all the time. What I’m saying is that even if I don’t like you, or agree with you, I can still cooperate with you in order to survive. That’s what respect means to me in this context. I RESPECT THE ROLE YOU PLAY IN MY SURVIVAL. If just that one sentence is kept uppermost in each Black person’s mind, we would all be able to get along much better with each other and appreciate it other. It would also change the way we even talk to each other and the way we view each other because each and every Black person represents a little piece of our own survival.

Why can’t Black live together and work cooperatively with each other? There’s no reason why we can’t, except we hear the message that we can’t a lot. I haven’t seen us try really hard to find ways to do this. So many times, we just throw up our hands and give up. If we respect each other, meaning we recognize the important role each Black person plays in the next Black person’s survival, we can have everything we want. We would want to be around each other, appreciate each other, want to be the best that we can be, so that we can be more valuable to our overall survival, so that our people can not only have been the first ones on the earth, but also so that we can outsurvive other groups and be the last people too.