Black People : GERMAN genocide in NAIMBIA (no news coverage)

JohnHorse

BANNED
Oct 31, 2007
_39728267_hanging203.jpg

the got many of their ideals from their "AMERICAN" counterparts, this also paved the way for "nazism"

I also want to make note that the Hereo were defeating the Germans in the mid 1800s, it was only after time went on and the Germans weapons had become too much to handle that the Hereo started to lose, and thats the same thing for countless other african tribes, had the europeans not had superior weaponry they would have gotten their a.ss handed to them.

Present day Namibia was once a part of the imperial German empire. As was common during the scramble for Africa in the latter half of the nineteenth century, the territory was claimed and occupied by an expansionist European power, in this case Germany. Their rule was oppressive and the indigenous cultures were gradually being destroyed. A rebellion by Herero people in Namibia broke out in January 1904 and continued until 31 March 1907. The Herero had possibly migrated earlier from further north in Africa to settle in Namibia.

The Herero and Namaqua Genocide occurred in German South-West Africa (modern day Namibia) from 1904 until 1907, during the scramble for Africa. On January 12, 1904, the Herero people under Samuel Maharero rose in rebellion against the German colonial rule. In August, German general Lothar von Trotha finally defeated the Herero in the Battle of Waterberg and drove them and their families into the desert of Omaheke, where most of them died of thirst. In October, the Nama also took up arms against the Germans, and were dealt with in a similar fashion. In total, some 65,000 Herero (80% of the total Herero population), and 10,000 Nama (50% of the total Nama population) perished. Characteristic of the genocide was death by starvation and the poisoning of wells for the Herero and Nama population that was trapped in the Namib Desert.

scramble for Africa, the British made it clear that they were not interested in the territory so in August 1884, it was declared a German Protectorate and, at that time, the only overseas territory deemed suitable for white settlement that had been acquired by Germany. From the outset, there was resistance by the Khoikhoi to the German occupation, although a sort of peace was worked out in 1894. In that year, Theodor Leutwein became Governor of the territory and it entered a period of rapid development, while Germany sent the Schutztruppe imperial troops to pacify the region.[2]

White settlers were encouraged to settle on land taken from the natives, which caused a great deal of discontent. German colonial rule was far from egalitarian, the natives including the Herero were used as slave labourers, their lands were frequently seized and given to colonists, and resources, particularly diamond mines, were exploited by the Germans.

In 1903, some of the Nama Tribes rose in revolt under the leadership of Hendrik Witbooi, and about 60 German settlers were killed.[2] Khoikhoi and Herero joined the Namas months later. More troops were sent from Germany to re-establish colonial rule but only succeeded in dispersing the rebels led by Chief Samuel Maharero.

I, the great general of the German troops, send this letter to the Herero people... All Hereros must leave this land... Any Herero found within the German borders with or without a gun, with or without cattle, will be shot. I shall no longer receive any women or children; I will drive them back to their people. I will shoot them. This is my decision for the Herero people.

General Lothar von Trotha's orders to kill every male Herero and drive the women and children into the desert were lifted in 1904 by the Kaiser, but the massacres had already begun. When the order was lifted at the end of 1904, prisoners were herded into concentration camps and given as slave labour to German businesses, where many died of overwork and malnutrition.

According to the 1985 United Nations’ Whitaker Report, some 65,000 Herero (80 percent of the total Herero population), and 10,000 Nama (50% of the total Nama population) were killed between 1904 and 1907. Other estimates give a total of 100,000 killed. However, German author Walter Nuhn estimates that in 1904 only 40,000 Herero lived in German South-West Africa, and therefore only 24,000 could have been killed. Recent publications consider the total of 24,000 to 40,000 killed to be realistic.

WHEN I SAID NO NEWS COVERAGE WHAT I MEAN IS, WHEN AFRICANS GET SLAUGHTERED, IT DOESN'T MAKE THE WHITE MAN'S GLOBAL NEWSPAPERS OR NETWORKS.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back