Pan Africanism : Geographical Boundaries in Africa

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Dual Karnayn, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Just a little food for thought.....

I believe that after colonization, African leaders of the various "tribes" (I know some don't like that word) within the former colonized nations should have dissolved the national boundaries set up by their colonizers and RE-DRAWN the maps as much as possible to reflect the original tribal boundaries.
    Then work from there to unite the continent.

I believe that would have proven to be more stable.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree with this anaylsis, because the creation of artificial boundaries by European Imperialist is the root cause behind much of the fighting in Africa today. I believe one of the major reasons this has never occured is that Europe has never completely withdrawn from Africa (despite popular belief). However this might be a necessary step before a United States of Africa can be successfully implemented.

3. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    PanAfrica

Right....that's what I'm saying.

Since we've been traveling down the wrong road for so long, the first step in going in a new direction is to double back and start from an earlier more correct point.

There is too much ethnic tension and warfare within countries for them to be stable enough to progress.
    Re-drawing the maps with respect to original ethnic boundaries would be a good step in providing stability.

From that point every ethnic group can send a representative to begin the U.S. of Africa.

Once the majority of people are governed by leaders of thier own stock then the next step would be to disarm most of the population and establish a universal currency.

4. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I kind of agree with you, but I will tackle it in another way. I will first develop an economic system which is defined by tribal boundaries. Each tribe has its own economy in which they produce goods according to there natural and human resources. Each tribe can now trade with the other tribe within this economic system. This was how it used to be in West Africa before the colonial days. You had the Yoruba economy, the Akan economy, the Dogon Economy, with all these tribes trading with each other within an economic system. Once we have established such economic system, and the people are propering, it is now easier to set up a Governing council of this economic system, whose main function is to ensure the smooth running of the economic system and to protect the economic system from foreign enemies. In other words, the political wing of this cleverly constructed economic system evolves. Thats how it should have been done.

5. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Militant

((Smile))

You first have to ESTABLISH tribal boundaries, which goes back to my initial observation.

I like this plan.
    But eventually all of Black Africa will have to unite under one economic system if it expects to survive the current global market.

6. Kwango_Likemba

Kwango_Likemba Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    The word 'tribe' is a way of saying we do not have a NATIONAL identity, that our social organizations are primitive!!!

When I see people who claim to be from my species refer to us with a reductive word, then I have to ask if this is ignorance or something worse?

Enough is enough!!!

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    on the one hand, it should be "Tribe" and be understood to be exactly equivalent to "Nation". but, through continuous malicious misuse, it is truly a rather distasteful label to employ. especially in the lower case, and particularly so repetitiously.

on another hand, it is also rather distasteful to see the "state of the African continent" being discussed so "distantly" as in "something that they must do". it is even worse when that "discussion" is implementation of the very methodology that messed everything up in the first place and only continues to do so today.

one can't really call it "ignorance" when it is the planned for and desired outcome of measures developed, induced and maintained to "deal with the `Negro Question'" ...

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    the "current global market" is an "economic system" that explicitly, and expressly requires the denial of the existence, and survival, of a "united Black African economic system".

course, reliance on founding anything on a foundation based on anything that exists today is only going to perpetuate the mess that we have going on today. so why do that?

it's too bad everybody is so tied up struggling to deal with all the twists and turns and distractions of this mess to try to come up with a picture of what it would/should/could all look like if it were done "Right", isn't it?

9. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I used to feel this way in my younger days - but once I got out there in the real world working in technology and seeing what the asian indians and the chinese (and even some nigerians) are doing now there isn't any reason to believe Black economics shouldn't compete toe to toe IN the global economy. There is nothing in the capital markets today that require any one race of people be shut-out is there?

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree 100%!