Black People : Gbabgbo Arrested; Calls for peace/ But will the bloodshed end?

I came back here to get at you Brother, but I see you have been banned. Shame. I get worried when some of our most prominent members get banned, because I don't know where to find you later on :) Come on back when the 7 days are over, PLEASE.

I don't live in Afrika, so I'm not better equipped to answering questions about Cote d'Ivoire than you are, although the people I reason with might be.

From what I have gathered, CotD'iv is not exactly Tanzania (where the ethnic groups get along very well), but isn't a great schism like Sudan or Eritrea either. If I had to make an estimated guess, I'd put it between Tanzania ('perfect' inter-ethnic harmony) and Nigeria (multitudes of ethnic groups that co-mingle, but harbor resentment and sometimes fight over minor issues that are ancient or political in scope).

In CotD'Iv, Muslims and Christians/North&South coexist and intermarry (more before), but politicians as of late have been messing with that peaceful coexistence thru politricks and for personal gain. If Outtara, along with the western powers manage to wholly infiltrate the minds of the people, the religious/ethnic differences will be blown out of proportion. For there is no history in CotD'iv that makes it so that the two (or more) groups must fight, no age old resentment (again, from what I know and hear). Minor issues sure, but not like Hutu and Tutsi stuff (historically they have been a bit opposed to each other, prior to whites arriving too).

Furthermore, Afrikas streets, just like black streets everywhere (US, Jamaica, Haiti, European slums) are HOT. People are busy surviving (and oft-times shucking and jiving, getting down instead of getting UP). The european democratic model of running a society doesn't require each citizen to know his/her rights, or to be aware of what the law or the constitution says. That's how they make it look, to the citizens, like a battle about religion when it actually is about what the law (that the citizens voted for, in ignorance or I don't know)! This is why politicians will play us for fools, right. And we won't care until there is real and visible consequences that affect us personally. This is not a new problems for us as Afrikans in the colonized world, so I am sure you can understand that predicament.

Brah, when you get back on here let's exchange contacts - I don't want to lose you because you go against the establishment again. I never wanted to travel to the US, too much wickedness for me. But I def have reasons (organizations and people to see, meet and build with), you are another reason now. I see you are an Elder who has really been active in the community, I love you for that. Being only 24 I am naturally attracted to your wisdom. If I ever make a trip, you can be sure I'll call you and find you :)

Stay blessed.

And HOLLA.

One,

- Ikoro

This is not simply a matter of Africans not being able to handle their "own affairs". This is about a policy that is still in place - of manipulation and exploitation. This is also about the plethora of traitors you have amongst us who can't see the bigger goal and only see their immediate greed.

If we want change in Africa, we must FIGHT in the diaspora for policy change that ENDS the colonial regimes, ties to them, and we MUST fight for our freedom and sovereignty as Black people!

I'm also a bit curious about the constant calls for "an end to the bloodshed" whenever Africans rise up in revolution!

Sometimes, bloodshed is NECESSARY. Nothing comes without a price and neither does freedom. Haiti's bloodshed - of the French and African traitors among them - led to the Haitian revolution. It would NEVER have occurred without bloodshed!

People use our "fears" and our yearning for a "bit of peace" to scare us into docility, to force us to stop any revolution to avoid any bloodshed. But I would quickly give my life WITHOUT QUESTION if it meant my people would finally be free!

I have no fear of bloodshed and this is what arabs have that we do not. They do not fear the risks, and they don't let the price scare them into docility. Where are our African concepts of fight?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back