AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
GAYS AT THE GATES OF THE CHURCH
By Andre Austin

I’ve written this piece to explore the question of equality and fairness in Christian churches. I want to know if it appropriate to discriminate against gays from fornicators and adultery.

Paul wrote a letter to the Corinthians (Chapter 5)about a man having sex with his stepmother. Paul was infuriate rated with this incestuous union. The New International version titles chapter 5:

EXPEL THE IMMORAL BROTHER

“It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans. A man has his father’s wife”. Paul wants sexually immoral individuals expelled from membership. But its not limited to sex violations. Paul goes on: “I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters…a slanderer, a drunkard…expel the wicked man from among you” (1 Cor Chapter Five). But the church has left the gates open. Who in the hell unlocked it?

Many church members would see their participation revoked. Many of them drink on Saturday night and come to the Amen corner on Sunday morning. Many of them creep out on their mates too. But it seems that homosexual men are singled out for expulsion unless they are the organ, piano or a piccolo player. Only hypocrites pick and choose what sin they will take a stand on and others paying lip service to or out right ignore.

Homosexual acts are no different that sex outside of marriage between the opposite sex in the eyes of the bible. Paul continues in chapter 6. “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy” (1 Cor 6:9-10). Despite what Paul said somebody let the church gate open for every sin except for those gay people. Church is like high school bullies who pick on those misfits who aren’t part of the majority. When mulatto kids went to school they were outcast because they were a tiny minority. Now there are many of them floating around and now its cool to be of a mixed race these days. The church is supposed to be a model of the new city of Jerusalem where outside its gates and border are the dogs, witches, murders, and sexually immoral people. But it seems only the gay people are stigmatized and ostracized from the community. Gays are second class citizens and statistically prone to be overrepresented residents in homeless shelters and prisons due to hostility of their behavior depending on where you live.

The church reinforce the mistreatment and discrimination of gays in the United States. Fast food drive in and restaurants have been know to spit in gay peoples food, employers will not hire you which results in homelessness and jail occupancy.
Gay people are the new species of another Civil Rights crusade. There will be victories and there will be defeats. Some will face the agony of martyrdom. I’m not gay but they should have equal rights. Gays are exposed to the severity of civil, criminal and ecclesiastical laws, while they are excluded from the benefits of public and private justice. If the deacons and security guards at the gate of the church are excluding all ongoing sinners I with you. I object to the singling out particular sins for exclusion of church entry and participation. We need gates of love and not of hate.

GAYS AT THE GATES OF THE CHURCH
By Andre Austin

I’ve written this piece to explore the question of equality and fairness in Christian churches. I want to know if it appropriate to discriminate against gays from fornicators and adultery.

Paul wrote a letter to the Corinthians (Chapter 5)about a man having sex with his stepmother. Paul was infuriate rated with this incestuous union. The New International version titles chapter 5:

EXPEL THE IMMORAL BROTHER

“It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans. A man has his father’s wife”. Paul wants sexually immoral individuals expelled from membership. But its not limited to sex violations. Paul goes on: “I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters…a slanderer, a drunkard…expel the wicked man from among you” (1 Cor Chapter Five). But the church has left the gates open. Who in the hell unlocked it?

Many church members would see their participation revoked. Many of them drink on Saturday night and come to the Amen corner on Sunday morning. Many of them creep out on their mates too. But it seems that homosexual men are singled out for expulsion unless they are the organ, piano or a piccolo player. Only hypocrites pick and choose what sin they will take a stand on and others paying lip service to or out right ignore.

Homosexual acts are no different that sex outside of marriage between the opposite sex in the eyes of the bible. Paul continues in chapter 6. “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy” (1 Cor 6:9-10). Despite what Paul said somebody let the church gate open for every sin except for those gay people. Church is like high school bullies who pick on those misfits who aren’t part of the majority. When mulatto kids went to school they were outcast because they were a tiny minority. Now there are many of them floating around and now its cool to be of a mixed race these days. The church is supposed to be a model of the new city of Jerusalem where outside its gates and border are the dogs, witches, murders, and sexually immoral people. But it seems only the gay people are stigmatized and ostracized from the community. Gays are second class citizens and statistically prone to be overrepresented residents in homeless shelters and prisons due to hostility of their behavior depending on where you live.

The church reinforce the mistreatment and discrimination of gays in the United States. Fast food drive in and restaurants have been know to spit in gay peoples food, employers will not hire you which results in homelessness and jail occupancy.
Gay people are the new species of another Civil Rights crusade. There will be victories and there will be defeats. Some will face the agony of martyrdom. I’m not gay but they should have equal rights. Gays are exposed to the severity of civil, criminal and ecclesiastical laws, while they are excluded from the benefits of public and private justice. If the deacons and security guards at the gate of the church are excluding all ongoing sinners I with you. I object to the singling out particular sins for exclusion of church entry and participation. We need gates of love and not of hate.
i find this amusing and i'm gonna tell you why,how many[drunks]show up at church with a bottle in their hands?how many adulterers show up with the one their cheating with[yes it happens but very seldom]but low and behold the gay community has to have a[gay pride]parade and tell the world[yoo-hoo over here everyone]now i'm not defending drunks or cheaters i'm just decretion is the better part of valor,if the church don't ask then you shouldn't tell.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back