Black People : Gay Rights

The gay rights movement is being linked to the black civil rights movement, you didn't have to mention this, because it is part of the discussion. McGreevey isn't the only successful gay man there is...Homosexuals are some of the most powerful businessmen in the country! Am I suppose to believe that some white man born to priviledge is suddenly an oppressed minority, because of his bedroom practices? No this is insane!

Have some gays been attacked and killed because of their sexuality? Of course they have, and this is unfortunate. But homosexuals as a group are not discriminated against in America, and there is not a history of discrimination against them in this country...certainly nothing to compare to racism. If I'm wrong prove me wrong: Show me cases of discrimination against homosexuals (on a national level). In my extensive study of US history all I am aware of was a law against sodomy in Texas (which was local), the refusal to join the military, and denial of medical benefits to partners. This hardly compares to the experience of African Americans.

Show me gays being denied home loans...show me leases banning renting property against gays...demonstrate that homosexuals have been placed in ghettos...where on a job application does it require a person to list their sexuality? How is an employer going to even find out a person is gay? Is that a daily water cooler discussion? Demonstrate that gays are not capable of blending or mixing into society, if they so choose to. The ability to do this has limited discrimination against gays, because as I said, race is more important than sexuality. Whether or not a person is homosexual they remain first and foremost a member of their particular race (whether it be white, black, asian, etc)...with the rights & benefits appertaining.

define said:
First and for most, I agree with Smuf.

Secondly, this is directed towards Chuk. Please, do not tell me what I can and cannot bring to the forum. This is a forum where we have political discussion, not withhold opinion. And, the whole point of the article seemed to blow right over your head. You got caught in my America discriminates rather then paying attention to the heart of the article. By no ways am I comparing the degrees of discrimination between Blacks and gays. Don't put words in my mouth. I was pointing out American history.

I wouldn't have to tell you what to bring into this forum if you weren't so eager to push your degenerate sexual preference agenda! And no the whole point did not blow over my head you listed a whole range of weak points (such as homosexuality being present with animals?) as being a basis for gay marriage. Anyway, as Pan so succinctly stated, you didn't have to compare "...the degrees of discrimination between Blacks and gays", it's already being done for you in the media. Every time the topic of gay marriage crops up in the media, there is ALWAYS a tacit and a lot of times overt connection with the Black Civil rights movement. And the thing that vexes me is that our so-called Black "leaders" agree with them!! Just about every visible Black leader (including Jessie, Al, and even Coretta) has come in support of gay marriage. This is not what the Black community needs to attach itself to…I'm sorry.

define said:
And why can't Black leaders support Gay Marriage? Is that so wrong to stand up for others? Am I wrong for standing up for others?

There is EVERYTHING wrong with our leaders supporting Gay Marriage! Firstly their struggle is not our own; we have enough problems of our own without having to take care of any "disgruntled" groups who wish to further their own agendas. And secondly, homosexuality is a degenerate sexual preference, which goes against our Black culture, our God and is a threat to our families (which is already in crisis and doesn't need further attacks). And yes you are wrong for standing up for others if their cause threatens your own self interests. Homosexuality is clearly a threat to our Black society (and even that of the mainstream), which we should not advance but denigrate. That's right I'm advocating that we denigrate homosexuality, but NOT the people who practice it (just in case some idiot tries misconstrue my words to label me a homophobic). Thanx

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back