Black People : Gay rights = Civil Rights?

Me and JamesfrmPhilly agree on something!! I jump for joy all by myself.
I love to find common ground.
Anywho..
Civil rights are (according to Webster): the nonpolitical rights of a citizen ; especially : the rights of personal liberty guaranteed to United States citizens by the 13th and 14th amendments to the Constitution and by acts of Congress.

So, What's the big deal?? We've had dysfunctional marriages going on since forever, and men still want to 'hit' women and women still want to get some from their men. Do people think that if gays get a go at it that something will really change?? They've been doing it and some of you have been doing it with them. ( smile) Anyone remember when a black person couldn't marry a white person. Sounds silly right? Because it's about love. Some people do not have the same experiences with love and sex as some of us "Str8" people. Matter of fact, I dont even want to be grouped in the same category as some of the "St8" people here. Sounds like bigotry to me. And how is the black church going to YELL out against the proposition when a large majority of the men going to church is gay. The have rights in the church (to pay tithes) but no rights outside the church. Sometimes folks, we just got to sit and listen to ourselves.. And for those who want to throw the bible in it.. Don't. We all sin, and if gays are being punished for that sin, then every time you slept with someone out of wedlock or cheated on your spouse, your marriage card should have been revoked.

Im not suprised

They always blame stuff on black people... and I do agree with somethings you were saying lite.. you had some good points and they were well taken..:D Also, as long as you can agree to disagree, you dont have to be grouped with anyone, because we are all sharing our personal opinions anyway.... I never really like being apart of a group myself and thats why I'm FREE2B ME....:wave:

last night I caught a little bit of CNN and wouldn't you know they're trying to place the blame of gays losing their rights in California on blacks that voted.............nevermind the whites, latinos, asians, etc........
Of course they are Jahari Kavi..
1) bc blacks voted for Obama at around 95-99%
2) The proposition passed like this

Yes or no Votes Percentage
Yes 5,668,960 52.3%
No 5,173,113 47.7%
Invalid or blank votes 235,135 %
Total votes 11,077,208[4] 100.00%
Voter turnout 64.0%

That's pretty close and when Blacks and Latinos voted closed to 60% it is a significant margin.

Me and JamesfrmPhilly agree on something!! I jump for joy all by myself.
I love to find common ground.
Anywho..
Civil rights are (according to Webster): the nonpolitical rights of a citizen ; especially : the rights of personal liberty guaranteed to United States citizens by the 13th and 14th amendments to the Constitution and by acts of Congress.

So, What's the big deal?? We've had dysfunctional marriages going on since forever, and men still want to 'hit' women and women still want to get some from their men. Do people think that if gays get a go at it that something will really change?? They've been doing it and some of you have been doing it with them. ( smile) Anyone remember when a black person couldn't marry a white person. Sounds silly right? Because it's about love. Some people do not have the same experiences with love and sex as some of us "Str8" people. Matter of fact, I dont even want to be grouped in the same category as some of the "St8" people here. Sounds like bigotry to me. And how is the black church going to YELL out against the proposition when a large majority of the men going to church is gay. The have rights in the church (to pay tithes) but no rights outside the church. Sometimes folks, we just got to sit and listen to ourselves.. And for those who want to throw the bible in it.. Don't. We all sin, and if gays are being punished for that sin, then every time you slept with someone out of wedlock or cheated on your spouse, your marriage card should have been revoked.

Lite16, Great!

You always have wonderful points...

You said a whole lot and I totally agree with you. As I said before, I truly don't have anything against gays, homosexuals what have you and wouldn't care about them getting married if that is what they want. Here is the thing though however, no one is saying that gays can not be married. In fact, gays are getting married as we speak but their marriages are not accepted as legal marriages. Those gays or homosexuals who are getting married, they also have the domestic partnershp rights, which heterosexuals don't have. My point is, the marriage/ceremonial part for them, along with their domestic partnership rights gives them, as individual couples, the feeling of an actual marriage, and they don't have a problem with that because they are not the homosexuals who want to force people to accept them as equal to a man and woman, in other words, that which is accepted as normal.

These particular homosexuals I speak about in the above, they are not the ones who go around ranting about gay rights and comparing gay rights to civil rights as a ploy to better their position.

On the other hand, we have the (rebel with no cause but to be a rebel) homosexuals. They want to impose upon people that they should have the same rights as heterosexuals and that right they are talking about is to have a legal marriage, that which is accepted as so called normal. Why do they care if people see them as normal if they are truly happy with themselves as homosexuals? It seems to me that prop 8 is not really about them being treated as equals.

In my opinion, if you are happy with what you are, why would you try and force people to accpet you? That is what this prop 8 is really all about. Homosexuals are adopting children because they want to be parents like heterosexual people, they have been given that right already. Although slightly side bar, I might add that most of those children are black children who are left behind in the foseter homes. Any way, They get to have the domestic partnership rights which basically affords them the same rights and privledges as so called normal married couples. In other words, they are already having the same rights as heterosexuals. So I said that, to say this, what is the big deal for them to have a legal marriage? I really don't care what the big deal is but If I as a heterosexual can accept being denied domestic partnership rights because I am not a homosexual, then I think they should accept being denied the right to impose that they should be accepted as equal to man and woman. I am not ranting about not being able to have domestic partnership rights but if one is going to present an arguement for this topic, one should come prepared with something other than a personal opinion.

Another thing to, although I am not against homosexuals, I don't advocate for my children to be introduced to homosexuality in the public schools and I don't care what anyone has to say about that. I respect any opinions but I will not take take them into consideration when it comes to how my childs mind should be influenced.

Sister

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back