Black People : Gay or Straight.. is marriage up to the church or state?

PoeticManifesta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
Virginia has just found itself in the middle of a long lived debate.. that just ended last night.
Gay/lesbian marrige...
Now maybe im more of a liberal..
But I say that it should have nothing to do with the state..
If a church wishes to marry a couple no matter if they are gay or lesbian...
it is then up to the state to back up that agreement between married couples.
We ask the state for permission to get married when we should be asking our priests/ministers.. perhaps this is why so many marriages get started on the wrong foot..
the court dosent care how much you love one another.. or if you are aware of the extent of your agreement to wed....
they just see it as 25$ per married couple..
and a couple of thousand if they dont make it.. and divorce..
think about it people.

I feel that if a religion wishes to marry ANYONE,
who is a devout follower of that religion.. and i do mean.. a devout follower..:bowdown:
they are free to do so..
it is the states role.. to make sure that these religions are only marry those which it deems... devout.. each religion establishing thier own criteria of which conditions they will marry...

tell me what you think!

PoeticManifesta said:
Virginia has just found itself in the middle of a long lived debate.. that just ended last night.
Gay/lesbian marrige...
Now maybe im more of a liberal..
But I say that it should have nothing to do with the state..
If a church wishes to marry a couple no matter if they are gay or lesbian...
it is then up to the state to back up that agreement between married couples.
We ask the state for permission to get married when we should be asking our priests/ministers.. perhaps this is why so many marriages get started on the wrong foot..
the court dosent care how much you love one another.. or if you are aware of the extent of your agreement to wed....
they just see it as 25$ per married couple..
and a couple of thousand if they dont make it.. and divorce..
think about it people.

I feel that if a religion wishes to marry ANYONE,
who is a devout follower of that religion.. and i do mean.. a devout follower..:bowdown:
they are free to do so..
it is the states role.. to make sure that these religions are only marry those which it deems... devout.. each religion establishing thier own criteria of which conditions they will marry...

tell me what you think!

I agree...

It should have nothing to do with the state...

Since some of us are really under the illusion of the "seperation of church and state" as being a reality that never was a reality, the dilemma exist in this post. However, on the same hand, "since there is NO RELIGION ANYWHERE THAT CONDONES HOMOSEXUALITY", how does an institution that calls itself a church condone marrying two people of the same sex? Is there some hypocrisy here that needs to be concidered by the people or are we being overly emotional and sensitive to our fleshly desires to the exclusion of morality? Which is it? Since the church is a so called Moral Institution the question becomes a State Issue. It only becomes a church issue if the church is not functioning on any so called MORAL PRECEPTS.

i did not said this had to be a christian religion in which a church would be the place of worship.. america has a view of religion which means christianity.. when certainly other places of worship exist beyond. Im not deeming this seperation of church and state.. just seperation of religion and state.. because the original church they meant when that came into play was the catholic curch..
in god we trust.. no longer means to the father of jesus.. to many it means.. whatever god they trust.. to worship..

you once again mention THE CHURCH...
forget the christians..
im referring to all churches..
they have a voice too..

Keita said:
Since some of us are really under the illusion of the "seperation of church and state" as being a reality that never was a reality, the dilemma exist in this post. However, on the same hand, "since there is NO RELIGION ANYWHERE THAT CONDONES HOMOSEXUALITY", how does an institution that calls itself a church condone marrying two people of the same sex? Is there some hypocrisy here that needs to be concidered by the people or are we being overly emotional and sensitive to our fleshly desires to the exclusion of morality? Which is it? Since the church is a so called Moral Institution the question becomes a State Issue. It only becomes a church issue if the church is not functioning on any so called MORAL PRECEPTS.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back