Black People : Gary Anthony Williams.. Boondocks' Uncle Ruckus -

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, May 14, 2012.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

1.. At the 20 second mark.. the voices say, " I like that last one, what do you think Carl".. and Carl agrees.

2.. At 1:54 you get to match those voices to the faces of the people that are really in control of this show.. and none of them are black.

Being the Creator of a show does not mean that you control it. It just notes the legal arrangement of the production. And even when it does, don't ever underestimate the power of the paycheck.. Dignity and Pride and Community does not pay the bills.. unless you sell them.

Black folks enjoy Boondocks because it's funny.. but who else enjoys it.. and why? Animating a black person to say all the derogatory things that racist white folks want to say is literally the same thing as white actors in black face.

same same.. and the same way that that black man in the top right corner at around the 1 minute mark is smiling and laughing along with the rest of the folks.. that's the same way black folks are smiling and laughing along with Uncle Ruckus. Nothing has changed.. only the forms.. but the intention and the effect is the same.

2. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    If black people do not create institutional channels to promote our world view then our young and able will be forced to go to the man. If you look at it from the perspective of cultural institutions then the whole Boondocks versus Tyler Perry thing takes on a whole different significance. Tyler Perry has his own studio mechanism.. and here you have a show that's represented as black attempting to shame the largest Black Studio mechanism. And if you look at it from that angle, you can also see why the ideological riff between Spike Lee and Tyler Perry was played up to the degree it was. Division is the key to fending off the power of our unity.

3. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    We have forgotten how to dialogue. We all do wrong and right. But when we talk, we downplay 'right' and curse 'wrong.' It's better to downplay 'wrong' and exalt the 'right.'

What we should tell Tyler Perry is "We like Black casts of diverse situations." But if you read "Boondocks Conscious Folk" you'll read "Tyler Perry is Gay and promotes the Gay agenda."

That's no way to create anything.

What a way we forgot how to talk!

4. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I for one I have watched the boondocks anime, the first season of the show was very entertaining and balanced in contents, however the creativity and satirical aspects of the show were greatly diminished in the latter seasons. You could tell that the sponsor of the show had hijacked it, the same way they tried to do with the Chappelle Show. I laugh characters like Uncle Ruckus because we do have real life Uncle Ruckus within our midst. I also no longer get offended by white people playing Black faces, like that video the OP posted above, I would have gotten offended years ago, but now that I know who I am and who these people are, it makes sense that they would do things like that. They are our enemy.

As far of owning things in this country, we are not going to own anything, Tyler Perry only owns thing they let him own, he closely work with the devil. Negroes can't unite because our people are too covetous, hate each other for vanity. third if they truly desire to own something to make a difference they would have to do it as a group, and keep the white man out, that's tough for Negroes to do because again reason #2 is in the way. Therefore as long as we we neglect God laws in this country, we will always be at the bottom of this society and be the laughing stock of the world. the second clip truly reinforced the idea that these so called white people really thought of us as 3/5 of a person back then and still act like so today. As I said things like that don't offend me anymore neither do Negroes who do the same, because many of our own enemies are Uncle Tom Negroes like one of these Black guy in the audience that was laughing in the clip. Nevertheless after all set and done we will get the last laugh.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

I have reached a serious fork in the road in understanding that "with all the history, science, spirituality, culture and understanding of what is going on, what has gone on and all who are and were involved in it...if one isn't talking about Afraka and our going back there, what are we really talking about? We already know we aren't establishing jack over here. We know we can't own nothing over here. We know we can't grow food and just feed our people over here. We know we are filling up the prisons over here...and with all of this and more that has gone un-said, if we aren't talking about going back to Afraka and doing there what we have done here and more, just what are we talking about anyway??

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    you can own the US ,especially using leverage and power by number.

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

What my brother, does the research of Dr. Diop in his work "Civilization or Barbarism" reveal as a historical fact several times over that takes place whenever the ratio changes concerning the invading group (which would be white people) and the group that was transplanted here (our people) by force? Did he not state that history reveals that whenever the ratio changes to the point whereby when both groups are fighting for economic and political control that "genocide has always been the rule and always occurred? If it had only happened once or twice in history we could call it an anomaly...this however is not what his work reveals. His work CLEARLY REVEALS THAT THIS HAS BEEN THE RULE.

In other words, there does not exist any history anyplace on the earth where the sub group (our people) who are ruled by the oppressive group (white people) ever rose up and took a land or ruled it. The sub group was always killed off....but ONLY ONCE THEY REACHED THE POINT WHERE THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR THE SAME PLATE THAT THE RULING GROUP WERE FIGHTING FOR. I'm sorry Bro...but in the face of history, your thought process does not weigh out as being true. As much as we'd like to think it and as much as we might like to believe it, there simply does not exist any model or example whereby we can show that this has happened or that it can happen.

We can speak about what China and other places are doing but they are an "OUTSIDE GROUP" with their own land, economy and all else. We are an "INTERNAL GROUP" who refuse to tie ourselves with our land or people, so this changes the entire dynamics of everything. Now lets be honest here for a minute, extremely honest. "If this situation was reversed, would you allow the white people in your land to ever reach the point whereby they could take your land, your economy and your hard work for themselves"??? Personally speaking, I wouldn't do it or allow it...so why would we think that these white people are going to allow it either? The bottom line is that, if all eyes and minds are not pointed to Afraka then it ain't gonna happen here....and thousands of years of history reveal this as being true. So whatever illusions it is that we might have....enjoy them while you have them because as Dr. Clarke stated so well; "All history is current history". Yall enjoy yourselves because it's for sure that our future young people will be fighting and dying in a fight that we were simply too naive or cowardly to tell them the truth about concerning "What Happened To The Black People Who Were Once Enslaved In America".

P.S. I have a video somewhere on this site called "Black Holocaust" whereby white people say in their own words; "The Negro knows his place and as soon as he becomes a competitor, his fate is sealed".

Peace!!

8. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

If there is any power in money, it surely belongs to the folks that own the printing press and control the valuation...

9. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/black-holocaust.67966/

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    peace In,

I would say if x amount of black people put up x amount of $,and purchased things as well as manufactured things,that would be something that has never been attempted on a grand scale in the USA. To answer your question no,I would keep my foot on their necks something I have thought of often. History has yet to be written and history can be made.

one