Black People : Garvey

I'll say no more!

Brother crwn
I listened to the speech. Was this speech read by someone for Marcus Garvey from his notes and writings or was the entire speech his own voice and oration?

Brother crwn

What I heard on the video was the speaker sharing what was on going in the 1950's.
The reason I asked who was giving this speech is based on that.

In the video @ 40:01 to 40:32 _ the speaker stated.

"You could not tell me in the 1920's that thirty years later. The world would be infested with neutron bombs aids, drugs, homelessness, terrorism, laser beams, and visible nuclear devices. However were I alive today I would still recommend the same remedy for my people's upliftment."

I looked up the year Marcus Garvey was with us, he died June 1940.
The title of the video says it is a "Marcus Garvey Interview."

Can you clarify on the time line. Marcus died in 1940 and the speaker is making observations that were happening in 1950 about neutron bombs and stuff?

The bomb was dropped on Japan On August 6, 1945

Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Jr., ONH (17 August 1887 – 10 June 1940),[1] was a Jamaican political leader, publisher, journalist, entrepreneur, and orator who was a staunch proponent of the Black nationalism and Pan-Africanism movements, to which end he founded the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League (UNIA-ACL).[2] He founded the Black Star Line, part of the Back-to-Africa movement, which promoted the return of the African diaspora to their ancestral lands.

Brother crwn

What I heard on the video was the speaker sharing what was on going in the 1950's.
The reason I asked who was giving this speech is based on that.

In the video @ 40:01 to 40:32 _ the speaker stated.

I looked up the year Marcus Garvey was with us, he died June 1940.
The title of the video says it is a "Marcus Garvey Interview."

Can you clarify on the time line. Marcus died in 1940 and the speaker is making observations that were happening in 1950 about neutron bombs and stuff?

The bomb was dropped on Japan On August 6, 1945
Starting at 38:44 an addendum by another speaker orating Garvey as if he was alive in the present.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back