Black Entertainment : Gangster rappers with skills that get no cred...

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by MississippiRed, Mar 8, 2006.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I know some of yall boys like dudes with lyrics and only like positive stuff and that's cool I can respect that....but some of these dudes out now and in the past got lyrics for real.......I'm on that Bo Hagon right now but back in the day out here in the West I was deep on Jayo dude was and is hot to death.....Peer Pressure came with it folk.........who yall got that spit that gangsta but got skill....another dude I love to death is Killa Kill from the Ville.....Killa Mike.......old boy is hot........don't sleep on these cats man.......and of course out here we gettin dumb on that Hyphy movement right now so .......it is what it is..

2. Agent_Jack

Agent_Jack Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Killa Mike is dope. Bo is solid, but do you remember Brotha Lynch Hung tho?

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    killa mike is nice, jada kiss & the lox are all nice, kool g rap, scar face, big pun was one of the best ever. if u got skillz u got skillz, i dont got to agree with your philosophy to recognize good music.

jayo felony is decent. gangster flows are different more str8 forward then poetic, just a different style.

4. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

Exactly......yeah didnt' mean no disrespect to Brad......been loving Face since all he had was scars..........Jadakiss is hot...........I like a couple of cats from NY.......but to me the rawest boys in NY is MOP.....them cats come with some apeish type stuff............That new TI is hot but to me the hottest dude in the South is Bo Hagon right na .......ol boy is fi............

MississippiRed
    4 weeks till I'm back in Mississippi showing my whole High Yella nekkid ***

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I'm not into rap, but I agree there are those that have talent. The genre in itself shows creativity and a form of wit (with the rhyming and all). Indeed, the problem lies in the lyrics that are produced in many rap songs, not the art itself.

6. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

See I honestly don't have a problem with the lyrics.....I dont' care what them boys say....a lot of what they say is what happens and it is the truth my problem comes when folks let themselves be guided by what them boys say......when folk let their kids listen to it and don't explain what them boys are talking about .........it's on us as grown free thinking people to handle our business...regardless of what the world throws at us.........for us to blame a lot of our problems on rap lyrics which haven't changed folks have always talked about broads, dope, killing since the blues.......Robert Johnson talked about killing his old lady if she didn't get on home in 32-20 Blues(which he took from skip jame's 22-20 Blues), Canned Heat by Tommy Johnson was about him drinking sterno to get high (Tommy was a vicious alcoholic....) , Cocaine Habit Blues by Memphis Jug Band ....and on and on from Stagolee to Frankie and Johnny ..........our lyrics have never changed we've always had dope, murder, misogony and all kinds of dirt in our music rap is just an extension of it's GrandDaddy ..............I love Blues....especially Country Blues but if you listen it's no different from todays rap lyrics........

MississippiRed

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19

Hmm. Interesting.

But, didn't songs back in the 'olden days' still have a sense of balance, even if there were negative lyrics? I haven't listened to the Blues, but I have heard songs from the 70s... many were about love and things like that.

8. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    Im feeling that
    Agreed

9. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    we still have a sense of balance today......there are myriad Black artists whose songs contain many different snapshots of life.......there was a lot of music in the 70's that was about some real funky stuff also.......just like now to me the more things change the more they stay the same.......

Yeah there are some blues songs about love and such but there also a lot about prison life, murder, misogony everything you find in songs today if you look at any era of music you'll pretty much find the same thing and will pretty much find folk saying the same things about the music of their time.........like folk back in the day called Blues, "The Devil's music" it's a real trip when you really sit down and take a look at it..

MississippiRed

10. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    For some reason I like the ol'skool Memph Bleek. What about y'all? Is he a hot commodity right now?