Black People : Gangs and GangBanging - How do we deal with this reality?

I'm sitting back waiting to see what answers you get. Why? Because I already know what we dealing with in terms of our people and the effects of white people on our everyday reality in the hood, in corporate America, in politics, in prison, in the suburbs, in the church, the mosque, in everything but OUR OWN ISH!!! I'm waiting...and I'll wait and I'll wait. Why? Because when the truth is really presented in terms of what must be done, nobody wants to hear that ish...and yet cry crocodile tears because our babies are dying!

Kanye West said this in one of his songs:

"Then i spent 400 bucks on this, just to be like Ni## you aint up on this."

the Keita West version of that song would go like this:

"I studied my whole life, just to be like nig## yall ain't got that right.
cause yall so wrong, and I'm so right and steady;
I'd tell you truth but YALL AINT READY!
step in the booth and nig##s fall like confetti..
aint not use; I got more wisdom in my back tooth..
then ya got in ya whole li-brary..
I better stop before I get too scary..
Keita Keita.. that's my name..
Keita Keita.. Top of my game..
holding this truth like it's a 3-5-7
to ya dome, you betta leave me alone..
keita keita.. that's my name..
keita keita.. top of my game.
If you can't see that you blind as a christian,
I'd tell you the truth, but YALL AINT LISTENING.. ha...

seriously though..

At some point Mr. Keita.. you're going to have to show your hand.. cause it's really starting to look like you're bluffing.

the question is "How do we deal with this reality?".. and it's a real question.. and an opportunity to put all of these theoretical discussions of history and sprituality and culture into practice. What do we do about the gang culture? Gang culture is the society that has developed atop this drug game.. it reaches from the streets to the highest levels of government.. How do we counter that? Their was one dude in the video that said something to the effect, "all my people went college.. I said "f" that and came to the streets".. meaning he chose this life.. he likes living the way he's living.. and he has the guns and the money and army to protect it. What do we do about that? Do we need guns too?.. do we wipe that culture out.. us against us.. ? or do we redefine "us".. and cut them out..? or what? if We are we.. then what do we do about them.. who are us too.. ?

Kanye West said this in one of his songs:

"Then i spent 400 bucks on this, just to be like Ni## you aint up on this."

the Keita West version of that song would go like this:

"I studied my whole life, just to be like nig## yall ain't got that right.
cause yall so wrong, and I'm so right and steady;
I'd tell you truth but YALL AINT READY!
step in the booth and nig##s fall like confetti..
aint not use; I got more wisdom in my back tooth..
then ya got in ya whole li-brary..
I better stop before I get too scary..
Keita Keita.. that's my name..
Keita Keita.. Top of my game..
holding this truth like it's a 3-5-7
to ya dome, you betta leave me alone..
keita keita.. that's my name..
keita keita.. top of my game.
If you can't see that you blind as a christian,
I'd tell you the truth, but YALL AINT LISTENING.. ha...

seriously though..

At some point Mr. Keita.. you're going to have to show your hand.. cause it's really starting to look like you bluffing.

the question is "How do we deal with this reality?".. and it's a real question.. and an opportunity to put all of this theoretical discussions of history and sprituality and culture into practice. What do we do about the gang culture? Gang culture is the society that has developed atop this drug game.. it reaches from the streets to the highest levels of government.. How do we counter that? Their was one dude in the video that said something to the effect, "all my people went college.. I said "f" that and came to the streets".. meaning he chose this life.. he likes living the way he's living.. and he has the guns and the money and army to protect it. What do we do about that? Do we need guns too?.. do we wipe that culture out.. us against us.. ? or do we redefine "us".. and cut them out..? or what? if We are we.. then what do we do about them.. who are us too.. ?

The same problem here in the UK........not quite on the same scale as America but the same.

Addressing gangster culture is very, very simple. Though, a big problem is that we seem to conceive that 'gangster culture' is an isolated problem.

"Gangster culture" is a problem to do with the psychological mis-information of African people. That is--African 'gangsters' do not understand who they are. Though, in truth, very few Africans in America understand what it means to be African. So, while the gangster "problem" is psychological, very few of us are 'psychologically straight on what it means to be African.'

We can pick this up in the constant insult on African forums concerning the Europeanness of the opposing party. Or for instance, in MimiBelle's interesting monologue:

>>Mimi opens the floor and waits for the screams of 'sellout' and 'undercover white person' to pass<<

I'm well aware that what I'm saying doesn't seem 'black'...or like anything that a 'black' person would say....:rolleyes:

...but I am black.We're not a monolith (or are we? *laugh* I don't know, but I really wish that some black folks would make up their minds).
What's more? Hell - plenty (black folks) would agree with me. PLENTY.
I'm just in the wrong company. The wrong crowd.
Believe me, I get that. *laugh*
Doesn't mean that I'm going to pretend to see things differently.

MimiBelle isn't murdering anyone; which is great. But we can observe from her monologue that she's also confused over what "Blackness" entails. So while she's preferred compared against 'gangbangers,' it's evident that the problems of gangsterism are the problems of all of our people.

As it were, we still, for instance, don't have an indigenous definition of what it means to be African people. Though, very ironically, we all aspire to be more African than the next person. This is where what happens, happens.

Truly, our problem relates to our not understanding "Psychology" and fully mastering it. I spoke to a young man and explained to him that we don't even know what "Black culture" is. He objected on the grounds that rap is "Black." But when you see the "White" producers, you notice that it's not. So though rap propagates a culture, it propagates a White culture. Needless to say though the gangbangers emulate this White culture--UNDER THE PRETEXT that it's Black. So clearly the issue is psychological and linked with our deficit of propagating truly "Black culture." Though WHO KNOWS BLACK CULTURE? Few of us do. Few of our scholars did.

So duh we are all confused. We're all confused!

As to how to deal with a psychological problem? Psychologically. Define Blackness for these youth.

Th
Addressing gangster culture is very, very simple. Though, a big problem is that we seem to conceive that 'gangster culture' is an isolated problem.

"Gangster culture" is a problem to do with the psychological mis-information of African people. That is--African 'gangsters' do not understand who they are. Though, in truth, very few Africans in America understand what it means to be African. So, while the gangster "problem" is psychological, very few of us are 'psychologically straight on what it means to be African.'

We can pick this up in the constant insult on African forums concerning the Europeanness of the opposing party. Or for instance, in MimiBelle's interesting monologue:

MimiBelle isn't murdering anyone; which is great. But we can observe from her monologue that she's also confused over what "Blackness" entails. So while she's preferred compared against 'gangbangers,' it's evident that the problems of gangsterism are the problems of all of our people.

As it were, we still, for instance, don't have an indigenous definition of what it means to be African people. Though, very ironically, we all aspire to be more African than the next person. This is where what happens, happens.

Truly, our problem relates to our not understanding "Psychology" and fully mastering it. I spoke to a young man and explained to him that we don't even know what "Black culture" is. He objected on the grounds that rap is "Black." But when you see the "White" producers, you notice that it's not. So though rap propagates a culture, it propagates a White culture. Needless to say though the gangbangers emulate this White culture--UNDER THE PRETEXT that it's Black. So clearly the issue is psychological and linked with our deficit of propagating truly "Black culture." Though WHO KNOWS BLACK CULTURE? Few of us do. Few of our scholars did.

So duh we are all confused. We're all confused!

As to how to deal with a psychological problem? Psychologically. Define Blackness for these youth.

The question is very clear and direct. How do we deal with this reality? It's a question asked of you. As the thread creator, I would appreciate it if you propose your own solution... if you have one..

Th

The question is very clear and direct. How do we deal with this reality? It's a question asked of you. As the thread creator, I would appreciate it if you propose your own solution... if you have one..

"Judge not lest you be judged."

For really, the question isn't very clear or direct: "Gangs and GangBanging - How do we deal with this reality?" is not a clear question. Especially not now as you ask for a 'solution.'

Who is "We?"

What reality are "we" being told to deal with?

What part of 'gangs and gangbanging' need to be dealt with?

What are we being asked to 'solve?'

And so on and so forth.

Are you asking "How do we?" like how do you and I deal with gangs and gang banging?

Obviously "We" as in "You and I together" don't.

This isn't a clear and direct question. I can indirectly pick up that you're asking what's a general solution for African people to emulate to reduce gang activity amongst our people.

But you asked "How do we deal with this reality?" Obviously, everyone deals with reality. And more obviously everyone, if you're asking "How do we" instead of "How should we" just moves out of the gang infested neighborhood--or joins a gang--or gets killed . . ..

But of course I ignored your indirectness and lack of clarity and answered your question by pointing out that the 'solution' is still a general solution because all of us are psychologically out of whack. Obviously, this means to deploy a psychological correction onto our people. And I said it in one sentence: Define Blackness (for these youth.)

If you don't like that solution that's your personal problem, no?

But really I gave more than enough information out. Some may think too much information. You'd rarely read something so succinct yet intelligent.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back