Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Gallery: CNBC's 10 best states to live in

You know what they say about all work and no play. A true top state for business is also a great place to live. Our Quality of Life category scores the states on several factors, such as crime rate and health care, including the percent of the population with health insurance. We evaluate local attractions, parks and recreation, as well as environmental quality.

Click through this slideshow to see the states that did best.

13c0a760-06ce-11e4-8404-2963e49f2e07_9671306264_f711d89ad5_k.jpg

10. South Dakota

Our 2013 Top State for Business slipped a bit in the overall rankings for 2014 but still holds its own for quality of life. You can enjoy the stunning beauty of the Mount Rushmore State while breathing some of the cleanest air in the nation. South Dakotans are healthier than most Americans, and when they're not, 86 percent of them are insured, according to the Census Bureau. Gallup also found residents here are among the most optimistic in America.

2014 Quality of Life score: 217 points (out of 300)
Strengths: Environment, health
Weakness: Crime per capita
2013 Quality of Life rank: 7 Photo: Sylvan Lake, South Dakota, shot byPictureWendy, Flickr

click to see remaining 9:
https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/gallery-10-best-states-to-live-in-slideshow/

They all some nice places to stay

When I post these kinds of Topics, I'm looking for black cities, black states and black communities being listed.

Oh well, its usually in the white areas of town where you find good things going on ... Wonder if racism has anything to do with that fact?

I don't think race have any thing to do with it.....it's the place that so few go or visit.

Really $$RICH$$?

Let's take a look at Maine ...

8. Maine (tie)

With 3,500 miles of craggy coastline and 17 million acres of forest, the Pine Tree State has a well-earned reputation as a peaceful paradise. Here you'll find the lowest crime rate in the nation and one of the most pristine environments. Of course, it may be a little too quiet for some. Maine's largest city, Portland, has only about 66,000 residents, and the state doesn't get a whole lot of visitors. But if tranquility is what you're looking for, this is the place.

Seems pretty segregated and controlled to me, wonder how many black folk live in Maine?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back