Black People : Galactic Superwaves

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sekhemu, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I ran across this article in an Astrophysics Magazine just over a week ago and I thought I would share it with the family.

The Article was Written by an Astro-Physicist by the name of Dr Paul LaViolette President of the Starburst Research Institute located in Schenectady.

The article reads as follow.

Cosmic rays from a galactic core explosion penetrate far outside the galaxy's nucleus to bombard solar systems like our own residing in the spiral arm disk. Dr. LaViolette coined the word "galactic superwave"" to refer to such a cosmic barrage. He has shown that galactic superwaves recur at long intervals and arrive at Earth's doorstep without warning because they travel at near light speed.

Galactic superwaves are a recent discovery. During the early 60's astronomers began to realize that the massive object that forms the core of our galaxy( what massive object is this?), Periodically become active. The scores of all spiral galaxies cycle through a similar phase. During it's active period, our galactic core spews out a firece quasar-like barrage of cosmic rays, with a total energy output equal to hundreds of thousands of supernova explosions.

In some galaxies these active emissions have been observed to equal the energy from the billions of supernova explosions.

Until recently, astronomers believed these eruptions were very infrequent, occurring every 10 to 100 million years They also believed the interstellar magnetic fields, in the galactic nucleus, would trap the emitted particles in spiral orbits causing them to reach the Earthy very slowly. For these reasons, many did not believe that the Galactic core explosions posed any immediate threat to the Earth.

However, In 1983 Dr. LaViolette presented evidence to the scientific community indicating that:

1. Galactic core explosions actually occur about ever 13,000 - 26,000 years (one great year) for major outbirst and more frequently for lesser events.

2. The emitted cosmic rays escape from the core virtually unimpeded. As they travel outward through the Galaxy, they form a spherical shell that advances at a velocity approaching the speed of light.

Astronomical discoveries subsequently confirmed aspects of Dr. LaViolette's hypothesis. In 1985, astronomers discovered that Cygnus X-3, an energetic celestial source of cosmic rays, which is about the same distance from Earth as the Galactic Center (25,000 light years), is showering Earth with particles, traveling at close to the speed of light, moving in essentially straight paths. Later, scientist found the Earth is impacted, at sporadic intervals, with cosmic rays emitted from the X-ray pulsar Hercules X-1 ( about 12,000 light years distance). The intervening interstellar medium has so little effect on these particles, that their puslation period of 1.2357 seconds, is constant to within 300 microseconds.

These findings are reason to be gravely concerned about the effects of a Galactic core explosion because they imply that the cosmic rays generated can impact our planet, virtually without warning, preceded only by the wave-flash from the initial explosion. Astronomical observations show the last major Galactic core explosion occurred as recently as 10,000 to 15.000 years ago. Data obtained from polar ice core samples show evidence of this cosmic ray event as well as other cosmic ray intensity peaks from earlier times. ( a chart is given below, unfortunately I cannot display it here)

Dr. LaViolette's prediction that there is a residual flow of interstellar dust currently entering the solar system from the Galactic center direction that was later verified by data from the Ulysses spacecraft and by AMOR radar measurements made in New Zealand.

I find this article pretty interesting, I also would like to know, what is this massive object that forms the core of our galaxy?

Just a little food for thought folks!

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    a super massive black hole.

3. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    You might be right about that James. then my next question would be, why do these waves come in cycles of 13 to 26,000 thousand years?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    don't know.
    i wasn't there when it happened.

the theory is that each galaxy is formed around a black hole.
    some are over one billion solar masses.
    that's big.

the scales involved are too immense for my little brain so i don't worry about it.

5. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    ahhhhh brotha,

don't sell yourself short. We are part of the Omniverse, all the phenomenon that exist out there exist inside. :read:

6. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    There's another thing I find fascinating about this article, and that is Dr. LaViollete mentions the waves occurring every 13,000 to 26,000, the solar great year is equall to just under 26,000 years.

The universe speaks in a mathematical coded message.

7. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Sistahs,

Any thoughts?

8. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    What a coincidence you guys bring up a subject like this on the news the yesterday NASA found a 10th planet in outer space. They said it was bigger than pluto and much further away too, I know you guys are talking about something completely different but I thought since it was concerning space also what the heck. They are saying now that Pluto may not even be planet at all but a comet or asteroid caught in oribit, my bad for interrupting you two.

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Bump

Re. Gogounited :)