Black People : Gain Knowledge / Lose Compassion

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

This is a phenomena that continues to disappoint and perplex me.

It seems that once one gains knowledge of self, our people, the history stolen from us, the truth, etc., they become very impatient, less compassionate and tolerant of Sisters and Brothers who have yet to reach the level they're on. It's almost as though they have completely forgotten, that they too were once in the very same condition ... and it was someone's love, patience, and knowledge that brought them through.

What makes those who have been blessed to see, less compassionate to the blind?

It would seem to me that once one becomes aware, they'd be compelled to share that knowledge, to have patience with those who are where they were, willing to labor with them to help move them from death to life ... as a direct result of the blessing they'd so graciously been given ... but far too often the opposite manifests itself.

The knowledge is a waste, if one is not willing to share, using it only to belittle those who have yet to learn.

Am i the only one that has noticed this?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i have noticed it and sometimes i am the one doing it.
    i am trying to learn patience.

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i wrestle with this. i do not "win". ... yet.

it is hard to be compassionate when standing in the middle of the burning building. the compassionate thing, in this case, would appear be to render them unconscious and carry them out of the building, no?

this frustration with myself for not being able to come up with quite exactly the correct blueprint to fix this thing "right this very minute ... or then why are you opening your mouth. how do i ...", leads me to be, sometimes apparantly bitter, cynical, arrogant and a wee bit short of compassionate.

further, the Absolute Knowledge that each and every One is the exact same Genius but for the "mess they blessed" us with ... i, personally, just want to grab you and rip this poison out of you by main force!!

is it really "lose compassion"? or gain an "over"-abundance?

4. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    because i know that i am full possession of this very phenomena, i do take this personal.

"first, do no harm".

on this "Path to Higher/Ultimate Knowledge"(TM) this is the first lesson that MUST be Lived. ask any surgeon. on the level that we work at, there is a whole lot less "margin for error" than there is when a surgeon is wielding their "scalpels", and the surrounding tissue is orders of magnitude more sensitive thereby more easily disturbed. we deal with this constantly.

as well, we deal with this question of the degree of our "compassion". ask any surgeon: the expression of this "appreciation" for the task of incouraging some form of "physical insult" (running the gamut from <yucky!>medications to removal of bits), for the purpose of providing Healing to the overALL Being ... ouch. "disappointed", "less compassionate", "less tolerant", "not sharing", ... .... and we are compelled to keep coming back and trying in spite of it all ... again ... ouch ..

the degree of "conditioning" has set up so many detours and twists that the simplicity of "The Truth", while being repeated at every turn, can not be accepted:

"just stop doing it" and "do something else".

it's "just too obvious", ("yeah to you!"), "and we know that it is apparently not "so obvious" to you" (mealy mouthed hogwash, that. we Know that you are a Divine Being with the Divine African Mind. period!) ....

oh, Destee! i fight with this all the time!! i don't want to look like i'm abrasive or short or any of that. i know that i [do appear/"am?"NO!] that in prolly pretty close to every instance. but those intentional "prods" are usually one sentence/phrase out of a "discourse", a sort of "given the above: what is the validity of the following hypothesis" mini "test" (a "test" merely to engage the gears, not to "test aquisition of knowledge"). the only "purpose" of these "barbs" is to generate thought on what has gone before. something to "prime the pump" as it were. in no wise are we ever seeking to imply "we know more than you", that is the ultimate "test' to completely discredit any would be "teacher". i even hesitate to use the word "prod", but, yeah; isn't that the word usually used?

the "medium" that we ply our trade in has no "product specs" such that we know how things are gonna react. if there was a school for this "school", it wouldn't be needed. but flunking "The School of Hard Knocks" is NOT an option for Our People and the Divine Black Mind. the little bit of "sarcastic" we toss out is nothing compared to the "sarcastic" received if we didn't keep trying to get these occasional little prods to act as "needles" to draw the "thread" of the knowledge contained within the remainder of the message, into the
    :luvu:Most Wonderous Tapestry: The Divine African Mind.:luvu:

5. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    a suggestion: make this thread a sticky in the "destee family knowledge base"? very vital, very valid! it needs to be acknowledged and understood by all! (i'm sorry; i did it again!)

6. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Change is the only thing that is constant in the known "Universe"*

Hotep

A child is born and comes into the world prepared to take his or her place but is dependant on the community of (Elders) parents, family, teachers and government. In this case it is the so-called African child who is a direct off spring of the (original) first people on earth and that is the so-called Black African who did not know any thing about foolishness, perversion, corruption, racism, polution and most of all "Religion".
    After the child is taken out of the "Natural Order of Things" and striped of his or her "Hue-Manity" and given "False" indoctrination into the worship of concocted, pleagerized, distorted lies of a absolutely spiritual dead "Religion"...the child become most ignorant, blind, dumb, deaf to who he or she is and think they know but don't know a thing because they don't know who self is any longer. Ware there was "Spirituality...that is the Natural order of things...they now only have dead things and myths to honor and worship in its place. When they go to their places of devotion they are fead lies and mental minipulations to control them in a system of white superimacy ware they are only and forever will be "Slaves" as long as they are in the programs, concepts, policies and anti-culture of a Slave-Life made to only serve their so-called white slave masters. What is compassion to a people who are now their biggist "Enemy"?? What is compassion to a people who don't know who they are?? What is compassion for a people who don't know what commpassion is...because if they did know they would "First" of all show it to them selves?! Ware is the "Compassion" that is always talked about...except in that place ware all "Illusions" live in words only and not deed?! Foolishness is the order of the day. Sex is the main topic and other things that only a slave cares to spend most of their time talking about. Feelings are very easily hurt because the slave never develops a adult mind in a system that keeps him or her "Retarded" for life and reinforced by the false Sunday School teaching that is only approved by the white slave masters who are the very "Creators" of it. To say there ever was compassion...there must be proof of it in the community ware those who need it and are always talking about it "Live". There is no commpassion in the government of the U.S.A! Only lip service to compassion, peace, justice, freedom with out human bonds of oppression, love, brother and sisterly love for what form of humanity??? We are tought to worship dreams, imagination, spooks, lies, distortions, illusions and worst of all white images of divine!!! Ware is the compassion in this except once agin in the illusions of imagination that is oppressed and held in captivity under a system that has no compassion for the so-called African in the total 500 year historical experience?? When we are blessed to have those among us who are apaled and discusted with what we all see but most will do nothing (because they love it) to save them self, children, families, communities from a pitiful and discracful condition but only laugh, joke, become some what amused at the fact that they are living in a absolute condition of human "Hell"! Ware is the "Compassion" in that?? We can be helped, guided, raised up, tought and dignified through those (Our Black Scholors) who are willing among us to help, fight, struggle, learn through right knowledge to the path of liberation and most of all the "Knowledge of Self". This is something that can not be forced but if there are those among us who don't care or who are in the class room only to disrupt because they don't care about freedom and don't want any one else to be free because (they are sell outs) they are making a living from the exploitation of the weak and the ignorant...as we see every ware in Amerikkka when it comes to "Us".
    We don't take each other serious...every thing is a joke and a mind game for too meny of us who don't have respect for any thing coming from a "Black Man or a Black Woman"...but if it comes (what ever) from the White mouth we become "All-Ears". Ware is the compassion in this?? We don't know what compassion is because we have never experienced it in 500 years in Amerikka and most of all did not learn it from the Church, home or school and government...so how do we know enough about compassion out side of wishing for it to come in our direction one of these days...or in the sweet by and by??
    Compassion: Is being absolutely serious about ones own life at all times.
    Compassion: Is being willing to give ones life for what is "Right" after we first know what that is and not ever except a compromise in "Spirituality" that we are born in.
    Compassion: is being willing to give of self to up-lift self and then help others who need and want to be helped and up-lifted through MAAT.
    Compassion: is most of all learning, re-educating ones self in the "Knowledge of Self" and then live the up-right life that the creator created "Us" for and that is not to continue to be "Negros" who are only servents to the system of white superimacy that has no "Compassion" when it comes to the "African"!

Ase`

Note: Compassion is doing your own homework, reserch and mind development for the sake of our "Future" and present...and not just read a book for fanticy entertainment and to get a job. Comassion starts with self and that is not the same thing as sympathising with things that are "Evil".

7. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    The growing process securing adulthood for US
    is just like the truth.

The truth hurts.

ROARIN......

8. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Revoke my degree....all I have is me....Compassion (not love) conquers all....

Oh my.
    I always cultivate my soft skills/compassionate skills, regardless my educational goal. The key is balance. I couldn't function otherwise. Compassion makes up 75% of my persona. My...something must have touched my heart this early morning, because i feel an overwhelming sense of peace and empathy; ya know the chest-sinking feeling you get when struck with an unnerving truth. Maybe I'm watching too much World News lately. When in this emotional state, I thirst for answers to the unknown. Call it drive if you will....if so, I'm in the drivers seat of an Asten Martin going 200mph in a drop top. Maybe I need to go to sleep. LOL..I never sleep.LOL. The only thing that softens my heart against all odds is watching the WorldNews. No way would I let the memorization of theories; thoughts; conclusions; opinions (education) cloud my judgement in dealing with others on a deep emotional level. My heart goes out to all:sand:

Balance is MY word of the day :idea:

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hmmmm...I've read your post Des and it prompted me to wonder whether increasing one's knowledge always leads to upliftment or enlightenment. :thinking:

There's an old saying, "Knowledge is power". I've often retorted, that knowledge is only power when one actually uses that knowledge. But if this is true, then knowledge gives one the power to do what? Simply to do something that they always had the ability to do all along....choose a direction to take in life.

Knowledge (which education isn't necessarily), does not HAVE to lead to patience, tolerance, or compassion. If I desire those qualities, then I will seek knowledge about them and make an effort to demonstrate them. But I could also be a person who doesn't seek these qualities and therefore, lack them completely in my expression of who I am.

With increased knowledge comes the ability to handle or manage the information learned. If I haven't properly prepared myself in other areas, then the new knowledge could affect me in a negative way...ie, impatience, intolerance and insensitivity.

Knowledge can be used for "good" and "bad" and sometimes behavior can be incongruent in that what is said is not what is actually done.

The way I view it, one must strive for the proper BALANCE in life. A balance between the mind, the body, and the spirit. When we are impatient, intolerant and insensitive, although knowledgeable, means that we haven't done the work that needs to be done to find the right balance so that we can become enablers of "good" and light.

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

No, no you're not the only one to notice this. Even I've lost patience with others who I've felt "should know better", but I always try to remember how slow I was to gaining understanding before my Teacher. Keeping this in mind, I'm prepared to wait my lifetime for another to gain their understanding if it's necessary, for we all learn at a different pace.