Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Gabrielle Douglas - 2012 Olympic Gold Medal Winner's Hair - It's ALWAYS Something

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Gabrielle Douglas has done America proud in winning her second Olympic gold medal so it comes as some surprise that a debate has broken out on Twitter over her hair.

Though she may have more important things on her mind, the Twittersphere is abuzz with discussion over the 16-year-old's slightly-tousled ponytail.

Critics have argued that her dark locks should in fact mimic the tight, ballerina-style bun that gymnasts usually tuck their hair into.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2182815/Gabby-Douglas-glorious-Olympic-performance-hits-sour-note-nasty-Twitter-row-HAIR.html#ixzz22V35tGzi

article-0-1459D916000005DC-819_634x517.jpg

I can remember when Venus and Serena Williams came on the professional tennis scene, they were ridiculed, including by Black people, about their hair which, at that time, they wore cornrowed with beads.

201205311234452634568-p2.jpeg

Gabrielle Douglas has done America proud in winning her second Olympic gold medal so it comes as some surprise that a debate has broken out on Twitter over her hair.

Though she may have more important things on her mind, the Twittersphere is abuzz with discussion over the 16-year-old's slightly-tousled ponytail.

Critics have argued that her dark locks should in fact mimic the tight, ballerina-style bun that gymnasts usually tuck their hair into.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2182815/Gabby-Douglas-glorious-Olympic-performance-hits-sour-note-nasty-Twitter-row-HAIR.html#ixzz22V35tGzi

article-0-1459D916000005DC-819_634x517.jpg

I can remember when Venus and Serena Williams came on the professional tennis scene, they were ridiculed, including by Black people, about their hair which, at that time, they wore cornrowed with beads.

201205311234452634568-p2.jpeg

I don't even tweet but, when I heard about this, I just couldn't get over the mentality of Us and our fascination with trying to get our hair to look like europeans!!! We should aplaud the young lady for her accomplishments and be proud that she is a positive role model instead of that OLD "house negro vs field negro" argument of who hair looks the most like yt's!!!!! What's next, her lips are too big or she doesn't have the same shape as Beyonce?!?!

haters.

she / them / our babies are beautiful ... and much much more! ... :toast:

yep ... it's ALWAYS something

:heart:

Destee

Tackheads on Twitter are twits!!! Let me find out those fake wig,weave wearing multi-colored hair phonies are trying to send negative messages to the Black youth. They better sittheyazzdown, perhaps read a book!!!
Love & Blessings,
DREA

Tackheads on Twitter are twits!!! Let me find out those fake wig,weave wearing multi-colored hair phonies are trying to send negative messages to the Black youth. They better sittheyazzdown, perhaps read a book!!!
Love & Blessings,
DREA

:lol: ... hahahahaha ... lol Sister ... Ohhhhh Lawd ... :eeek:

yall got me runn'n from all kinda stuff 'roun here lately ... :running: ... :lol:

i'm gett'n out da way! ... :lol:

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back