Black People : Gabby Douglas and Black Self-Hatred

Mad Skillz

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 28, 2004
So. Cal by way of L.I., New York
Occupation
Real Estate
goldgoodhair.jpg

Okay, so my wife has been forcing me to watch gymnastics as well as eat my words that Gabby Douglas is no Dominique Dawes. Come on, now. Dawes still has the better nickname. Would you rather be Awesome Dawe-some or the Flying Squirrel? And just as I am about to lay aside my notion that gymnastics is an artform not a sport because the decision, outcome, victory, and loss is decided completely by judges and not by the athletes themselves (Let me be clear; gymnasts and cheerleaders are athletes, but gymnastics and cheerleading are artforms not sports), my celebration and pride in Douglas’ accomplishments are being bombarded by nationwide black self-hatred.
From what my wife tells me, the blogs have been on fire with people, mostly African Americans, complaining about Douglas’ hair. My first response, of course, was “really?!?” My next response was “are you serious?!?” And, my third response was “seriously people?!?” But, as reality set in and attempted to cover the sunshine of Douglas’ accomplishments with a heavy familiar fog, I know that these people, these self-hating black people, were all too serious.
Unfortunately, if you continue reading, I’m going to piss off a good number of you who may agree with me because I’m tired of the manner in which African Americans, due to our desire to integrate, assimilate, and ingratiate ourselves to the white power structure, have failed to resolve this issue of self-hatred, which today is one of the two major issues destroying the African American community, the other being poor parenting, which is a direct result of self-hatred and selfishness.
Essentially, as slavery was finally terminated by the Thirteenth Amendment because the Emancipation Proclamation did not do a thing for African Americans as it was mostly a military strategy to cripple the South economically, African Americans initially embraced education and economic development as the tools to become first-class citizens. The problem has been that over the years, especially after the 1954 Brown Decision, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Voting Act of 1965, African Americas began to marginalize the importance of cultural self-discovery in formalized education, especially any self-discovery that connected African Americans to their African heritage.

Link: http://www.nathanielturner.com/gabbydouglasblackselfhatred.htm

goldgoodhair.jpg

Okay, so my wife has been forcing me to watch gymnastics as well as eat my words that Gabby Douglas is no Dominique Dawes. Come on, now. Dawes still has the better nickname. Would you rather be Awesome Dawe-some or the Flying Squirrel? And just as I am about to lay aside my notion that gymnastics is an artform not a sport because the decision, outcome, victory, and loss is decided completely by judges and not by the athletes themselves (Let me be clear; gymnasts and cheerleaders are athletes, but gymnastics and cheerleading are artforms not sports), my celebration and pride in Douglas’ accomplishments are being bombarded by nationwide black self-hatred.
From what my wife tells me, the blogs have been on fire with people, mostly African Americans, complaining about Douglas’ hair. My first response, of course, was “really?!?” My next response was “are you serious?!?” And, my third response was “seriously people?!?” But, as reality set in and attempted to cover the sunshine of Douglas’ accomplishments with a heavy familiar fog, I know that these people, these self-hating black people, were all too serious.
Unfortunately, if you continue reading, I’m going to piss off a good number of you who may agree with me because I’m tired of the manner in which African Americans, due to our desire to integrate, assimilate, and ingratiate ourselves to the white power structure, have failed to resolve this issue of self-hatred, which today is one of the two major issues destroying the African American community, the other being poor parenting, which is a direct result of self-hatred and selfishness.
Essentially, as slavery was finally terminated by the Thirteenth Amendment because the Emancipation Proclamation did not do a thing for African Americans as it was mostly a military strategy to cripple the South economically, African Americans initially embraced education and economic development as the tools to become first-class citizens. The problem has been that over the years, especially after the 1954 Brown Decision, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Voting Act of 1965, African Americas began to marginalize the importance of cultural self-discovery in formalized education, especially any self-discovery that connected African Americans to their African heritage.

Link: http://www.nathanielturner.com/gabbydouglasblackselfhatred.htm

Interesting article by Nathaniel turner. I am surprised to here from him that most of the people that criticized Gabby's hair is coming from Black people! Still though, I believe there's more behind this assault on this young girl that is coming from other non-African Americans as well. And, I was disappointed to see later pictures of her with a White womans mop put on her head but nevertheless, I am still happy that she won the gold. She is an awesome gymnast and competed so well. I was also shocked to here that after all of these decades of Olympic games, she was the first African American woman to win in this sport. Wow! It's like 'the gods' are trying to get some things straight before the real Gods get here and judge their lopsided systems...When I think about the Olympics and so many other issues involving 'great people' I always remember this African American Islamic man once taught me that no matter what, in this system it is easy to get a 'Michael Jordan' and a 'Michael Jackson' to become elevated from the pool but if the playing field is fair, and in a Black world, and in reality, there are so many other Black people that could achieve those same goals and better.

Nevertheless, I think it was amazing to see that Gabby Douglas' mother let her go from Va. Beach, Va to embark upon the opportunity to go and live in Colorado with a family that sponsored helping Olympians train, so that she could train with the coach that saw her talents. I thought it was so intriguing how at first i heard the media first made mention of the divorce between her mother and father and hwo they cast her mother as the wonderful single mother, but then later, the media seemed to 'change geers' when they had to realize that Gabby's father was on tour and in the military fighting in the Middle East for America...and then they seemed to cast him positively...

"Unfortunately, if you continue reading, I’m going to piss off a good number of you who may agree with me because I’m tired of the manner in which African Americans, due to our desire to integrate, assimilate, and ingratiate ourselves to the white power structure, have failed to resolve this issue of self-hatred, which today is one of the two major issues destroying the African American community, the other being poor parenting, which is a direct result of self-hatred and selfishness." - excerpt from NathanielTurner

Preach brother!! Preach!!!!

Tackheads on Twitter are twits!!! Let me find out those fake wig,weave wearing multi-colored hair phonies are trying to send negative messages to the Black youth. They better sittheyazzdown, perhaps read a book!!!
Love & Blessings,
DREA
Haven’t WE all been damaged by the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of over 500 years now, with the only variable being the severity and how it manifests [superlative Sisters like Naomi Campbell and Beyonce who [make us males leer/dribble in several ways] would NEVER EVER place themselves in the public eye without European style hair weaves on their heads; thus while making them millions hurting us ALL collectively as so many women of African ethnicity now believe that they cannot be beautiful without wigs/weaves]?
However Gabrielle Douglas being both aesthetically and functionally SUPERB without in anyway attempting to ape a European/White as opposed to African appearance is more than the more obviously CLUELESS, LOST, BAFFLED & CONFUSED Coloureds, Negros, Blacks as opposed to consciously African peoples of African ethnicity can cope with, hence their need to be on twitter in general, spouting this sort of drivel specifically?
However isn’t there also a possibility that this barrage of nonsense has come from jealous white folk using twitter to cause and provoke upset in our community [despite a lot of evidence/experience to the contrary I still try to distance this sort of dysfunction from our gene pool], how can anyone EVER KNOW?

Isn't ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back