Ghana : G8 Uncovered - Ghana

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Destee, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    G8 Uncovered - Ghana

This is really scary Family. As they walked through the store, and Chicago rice is on the shelf, and no African rice can be found ... scary. Made me think of the Black Hair Care Industry, and how no one Black can make any money.

What they have done to us here, they are doing to Africa.

We've seen this before ... we know exactly how this works, up close and personal.

Scary.

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    G8 2007 - Move against G8 - Clip (english version)

G8 2007 - Move against G8 - Clip (english version)

They say in this one, that every 7 seconds, a child under 10 dies of starvation.

We know whose babies are dying ... :(

Destee

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I don't mean to bother you Sister Destee, but as you know I can't view the media. Would you mind texting a few more details about it..... for me please?

Sometimes I want to ask other members to do this too but figure its a bit much. Shoot, as a matter of fact I did ask a member to do this and was totally ignored. Oh well! I don't mind asking you though. :wink: I know you love me and will fill me in.

Love ya!

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Yes Sister Purple ... i will surely try ... :)

The first video, G8 Uncovered, is filmed in Ghana. It's talking about how the G8 supposedly forgave Africa's debt, but at a very high price. I'm not real familiar with all of this, but it seems that in return for the forgiving of the debt, Africa belongs to them. They are involved in the decision making processes. In the video, it shows in Ghana where they are marking everything they do ... with this HiPC ... some debt relief initiative. Hmmm kinda like ... providing folk t-shirts, with HiPC on it. So instead of t-shirts, they are making buildings this way. They have bathrooms they've built, but it has HiPC on it. May as well have USA on it, i think. Even the public bathrooms they've provided, leave much to be desired. But for an African, still living historically the way they always have, on the surface it might look like something great. They are basically stealing and branding Africa.

There is a scene in the grocery store, where all the food on the shelves comes from other places, primarily the USA. Palmolive soap was on the shelf! Even though Africa produces these products, their products can't be found on the shelves. It featured a Sister with her own business, making vaseline, i believe. She doesn't have the money, resources, etc., to compete, and can't get her product on the shelf. It's scary. That video is basically a picture of us. That's what made me think of the Black Hair Care Industry, under the complete control of others.

Basically, it talks about how the forgiving of the debt, was really a trick.

A way to gain more control of Africa.

The people continue to suffer.

The second video highlights a rally against the G8. I was surprised to see so many other people fighting against it ... not Black. It seems this G8 thing is all about controlling Africa. They even say that, how do we divide up the bounty (of Africa).

Ask me any time ... you know i don't mind sharing.

In addition ... the Influence of Marcus Garvey series i added just a few ago ... whew ... Sister Sister Sister ... if you can watch that one, maybe when you're at your Sister's or something ... that is so deep. So sad. It talks about how, from the very beginning, the US government was out to get him. It said that there had never been an official Black Spy for the President, but in an effort to get Garvey, they hired the first one. There were several in all, one of them Garvey poured his heart out to, during his most trying time. Told him about how he wanted to commit suicide. The pressures of the job he had. It talks of how the very ones he trusted, Black People, betrayed him. It talks about after he was deported, UNIA Members could not even meet. That the movement was being completely shutdown by the US government. One of the Sisters in it, said, if you even mentioned UNIA or Marcus Garvey, you lost your job. It goes into great detail, showing glimpses of his life, that i had never seen or heard about. It is so sad, informative, powerful. Like i said, when you get a chance, listen to it.

Anyone else who watches, please share your thoughts with Sister Purple too! :)

Love You Sister! :love:

Destee

5. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Wow! Their locking them in tightly...just like they have us poor Black people here. I'm so sick and tired of this mess Sister. So much to the point I just wanna __________, well lets just say for security reasons, "I just wanna!"

Thank you very much for filling me in! You are the BEST!
    I haven't been over to my Sisters house lately, but when I do I'm definately gonna check out that other link.

Love you!:heart:

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Sister Purple ... here is an image of the HiPC logo, that is actually on buildings, garbage cans, everything ... life size ... not little like in the picture, but plastered over an entire building, and all other resources placed by them. The rainbow like thingy, red, green, yellow, with HiPC on it.

[​IMG]
    this is Bono, in Africa i suppose, pushing this initiative

This is the first i'm really hearing of / paying closer attention to the G8 and such.

HiPC stands for Heavily Indebted Poor Countries, and is an arm of the world bank. You can visit their site here:

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXT...166689~piPK:64166646~theSitePK:469043,00.html

You can also read more about them at Wikipedia ... Heavily Indebted Poor Countries ... with the majority being in Africa.

There seems to be lots of information on the net about them / it, many against as well.

It seems to be kinda like the government cheese they use to give us.

Everybody knew where you got that cheese from.

I'm surprised they don't have the logo in red, white, and blue, with USA affixed front and center.

Speaking of the USA ... i just read where they are responsible for appointing the World Bank President.

Interesting.

Destee

7. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Peace Sisters Destee and PurpleMoons,

Interesting indeed! First thing I thought of with the raimbow is that it is the same symbol for those considered homosexual....gays and lesbians.

It is also interesting that Afreeka is in such debt when amerikkka owes Afreeka ALL that it has. Dang....they took our gold, silver, oil, rubber, the materials for all of the technological advancements they have achieved and on top of all that...they took US! Yet...AFREEKA is in DEBT??!!.. wt:qqb021:

It has also been documented that the usa has miltary bases in Ghana among other Afreekan countries. I've been trying to figure out ...with all the work towards the development of relationships to support Repatriation (the 2020 group, the Joseph Project etc..) how they would also be making deals like this?

I guess in the end..WE all know...a Showdown is on tap....it's coming....:hiya:

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Sister True ... i don't think they expect a showdown.

They probably expect what they've always received from us ... compliance ... albeit reluctant, but compliance just the same.

Look what they've done to us, right here in America, and how we've responded (not sufficiently to change anything).

They use us as a gauge, the first experimentations, and then practice the same all over the world.

Such has been documented already, Jim Crow is Apartheid, which was exported from this country.

When i noticed the colors, i wondered why they stopped at making it red, black, and green ... they were almost there!

Destee

9. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

Heavily Indebted Poor Countries? The meaning alone is like a kick in the *** directed at the People who live there. A constant reminder of a debt unpaid.

We are in such a bad way all over the world. Always got somebody tryna own and demean us every chance they get. They say these countries are so poor, yet the store shelves are stock with american products? If they are indebt already, what are the plans for them to rebuild a stronger economy? It sounds like HiPC is the plan...providing an opportunity to create a new debt in another stolen land.

Yep, Sister Destee! Sounds like the banana in the tail pipe tactic. When are we going to prevent these things from contiuning to happen? I mean, what can they really do if we don't unite and support us?

They got limited resources, babies need to eat, most likely health issues, and spirit is tired and hurting. They can't do it alone. I want to visit the land of my Ancestors oneday. The way things are looking, it won't be our home any more.

10. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Yes..and I grew up learning that "almost was not good enough".
    And you know Sis Destee.... At this moment, I dont' "see" or sense a showdown either. For me, a true "showdown" would be a massive movement of Afreekans beginning to actively get on one accord. Begin to speak with one voice, with one consistent message and....possibly "EXPECT" the same ....rather...hold each other accountable for that giving.
    For as all those who came before, Unity in OUR Afreekan Community was the Key. If WE are not able to truely Unite and get on one accord...even as all those who are here now...exs. the Rasta community is crying for Unity, the Pan_Afreekan community is crying for Organization/Unity, Afreekans on the internet, those grass-root souljah's, all calling for Unity, Loving Self, and in general...Healing from the enormous trauma We have suffered at the hands of a cultural other.
    Personally, my primary concern is what are WE going to do. Are We going to comply?...Are you going to simply comply? And if not...what do we do instead?:em2300: